Free Dining Includes Checkout Day?

Hef4545

A cup of coffee and a view of the castle, who coul
We leave very early on check out day so before I would attempt to book this package I am wondering if the free dining is included on Checkout Day. It might be better than for me to book a separate reservation for my last night.
Thanks and have a great day.

Lets say you check in on the 24th of Aug, and check out the 30th, you would be spending 6 nights correct... You would get 6 TS, 6 CS, 6 Snacks per person for the entire trip. You use them at your discretion, so you could use all 6 TS in one day if you wanted... They are not alloted on a per day basis, you get them all up front. So you could use them on your first day, and every day after that (so 1 TS on the 24,25,26,27,28,29) and then have none left on your last day..

Hope that makes it clear for you

You receive the allotment for the number of nights you stay, so if you're there 5 nights, you'd get 5 snacks, 5 counter service, 5 table service per person (on the regular DDP.) The credit start as soon as you check in (so if you get there in the a.m. on day one, your credits are loaded at check-in, so you can use your counter service for lunch on site, for example.)

You can use your credit in any order you want--if you choose to use two counter services per person in one day, for example, then you'd just have 3 left on your count--the credits are not allotted Per Day, you just get all of them at once to use as you choose.

Some people choose to do the "signature" dining places like California Grille or Cinderella's Royal Table which take 2 table services each per person...so you could use up your table service credits ahead of your departure time that way, too. Your credits are good until midnight of the day you check out, but you could use them all up before you leave, too. For leftover snack credits, many people just use them up right before they leave, buying mickey rice krispie bars & such from their resort store, or from a bakery at the last park they visit, for the trip home.

Free dining, like the regular dining plan, is per night. So if you are staying 6 nights, you have 6 TS, 6 CS, and 6 Snack credits per person in your party. You can use them anytime. In theory you could use them all your first day if you were really really hungry. Credits are good to use until the end of the day you check out, but you don't get anything extra for that last day.

SkierPete

We leave very early on check out day so before I would attempt to book this package I am wondering if the free dining is included on Checkout Day. It might be better than for me to book a separate reservation for my last night.
Thanks and have a great day.

Everyone who has responded is correct - but each person will have to determine what is best for their family.

For us, booking a room-only for the last day makes the most sense. We arrive late on the first day - just before dinner, so shelling out $20 for a pizza from the CS at ASMu is fine - and we'll be buying the refillable mugs anyway - there's dinner. Day One - no credits used.

The last day, we fly out before noon - breakfast is cheap - we'll pay OOP.

We did this in '06 and still had plenty of food. Actually, more than enough food - and that was with the 2.5 year old "sharing" meals with others. This time, she'll be 4.5 and getting her OWN food. We won't need any more.

For us, I think it will work best if we check out and book room only for last day. When I say we leave early, I mean 4 or 5:00am. No point in paying for meals or ticket. I think the meal credits we will get will be more than enough for our stay. Your feedback was helpful as always. Have a great day!

For us, I think it will work best if we check out and book room only for last day. When I say we leave early, I mean 4 or 5:00am. No point in paying for meals or ticket. I think the meal credits we will get will be more than enough for our stay. Your feedback was helpful as always. Have a great day!

Just to let you know. You choose how many days ticket you want with your package. You are only required to buy a 1 day ticket per person to get a package. What time are you checking in to your resort? If the savings is worth it book the last day as room only. Plus which resort? Free dining is free dining so unless you can get a better rate, stick with the added night. You could do a dinner show or signature dinner or even CRT with the extra night's meals.

Another cool thing is (unless they change this from last year) you can go the the candy stores nd buy anything under $4 with a snack credit. Last year we didn't want to do any of the TS on our last night so they allowed us to trade it in for CS plus 2 extra snack credits. My DDs had a ball in the candy shop getting lollipops for their friends (best thing I didn't have to pay extra) :thumbsup2

Another cool thing is (unless they change this from last year) you can go the the candy stores nd buy anything under $4 with a snack credit. Last year we didn't want to do any of the TS on our last night so they allowed us to trade it in for CS plus 2 extra snack credits. My DDs had a ball in the candy shop getting lollipops for their friends (best thing I didn't have to pay extra) :thumbsup2

When I was there this past Jan this wasn't always the case. Some of the candy was allowed but the things that would be more "single serving". So like boxes of cookies and such that were allowed last Sept were no longer allowed :sad2:

When I was there this past Jan this wasn't always the case. Some of the candy was allowed but the things that would be more "single serving". So like boxes of cookies and such that were allowed last Sept were no longer allowed :sad2:

Thanks for letting me know. Knew it was too good to last. Oh well it just means more Dole Whips for me (hope they didn't take that off):worship:

Thanks for letting me know. Knew it was too good to last. Oh well it just means more Dole Whips for me (hope they didn't take that off):worship:

Dope Whips were allowed! I had my first one and it was yummmmmmmmmmmy (but a bit of an optical confusion as it was EMPTY in the middle of the swirl)

Dope Whips were allowed! I had my first one and it was yummmmmmmmmmmy (but a bit of an optical confusion as it was EMPTY in the middle of the swirl)

I had this happen to me as well.. But i was slightly thankful as I really didnt care for it that much and was glad I didnt have to eat more (I am never one to really waste food)..

We always book one more night than days, as we leave (driving) early the last day.
With free dining, there is no cost difference between package and room only, so why not get the whole thing in one package and not have the headache, AND get a few more free dining credits to boot?

We use some credits our check-in day, and usually have 2 TS on one of our days, and if we leave with a few unused credits, oh well. :)

When you book a room-only add-on you always run the risk of having to pack up and move to another room for that day. I say book it all one package, and only get the number of days of park tickets that you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter