• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining in December?

KTMcCulloch said:
Have they ever offered free dining in December?!?!

You can the historical discounts on mousesavers.com. FD is never offered the first full week starting Saturday or the first full week after Thanksgiving, because of PW. Then it runs until about the 20th.

I am trying to decide if we should change our plans from early December to September just for the free dining. We would save about $1000 (and eat much better). I know we wouldn't be able to get BOG dinner reservations but it looks like everything else we want is available. I would be so upset if we switched and then free dining came out in December. Decisions, decisions.

I am trying to decide if we should change our plans from early December to September just for the free dining. We would save about $1000 (and eat much better). I know we wouldn't be able to get BOG dinner reservations but it looks like everything else we want is available. I would be so upset if we switched and then free dining came out in December. Decisions, decisions.

What are your dates? If your check-in coincides with Pop Warner, free dining will definitely be blacked out. Pop Warner this year will be 12/7-12/14.

free dining has been offered during a'few'months other then sept for the past few years and nothing at all this year so far until'sept. (past years even included the end of August and its not part of the plan this year)

in past years dec has a lot of black out days...

The only time free dining will be offered this year is September. When you go in December, you will probably get a stay/play/dine discount, unless it's a blackout date.

We have gone every year in December since 2005 and Free Dining has always been offered. I'm pretty good at guessing which dates it will be now. Last year it was 10th-20th, and the year before the 13th. If you go the 3rd-9th, I'm guessing you will just miss it before it's offered. Can you move your trip forward any?

The lights, Christmas decorations, weather and light ride lines are nothing to beat in December.

There won't be any way to know for sure until July. I'd think it's a wash for Pop Warner week, and if the rest of 2013 is any indication there will probably be a narrowing of dates that it's offered (if it's offered.)

We have gone every year in December since 2005 and Free Dining has always been offered. I'm pretty good at guessing which dates it will be now. Last year it was 10th-20th, and the year before the 13th. If you go the 3rd-9th, I'm guessing you will just miss it before it's offered. Can you move your trip forward any?

The lights, Christmas decorations, weather and light ride lines are nothing to beat in December.

We received pin codes for 11/30 - 12/4/2013 so I imagine they will offer it to everyone eventually during that same period. If you book Dec 3rd they will honour free dining until your checkout date (I believe). We are booked Dec 1 - 8th all on free dining.

I've also received a PIN code for free dining for the remainder of the year, including all of December (with the exclusion of PW week). It runs in December from the 1-4, then again once PW ends.

Got my dates already booked for December and am stoked:cool1:

Those who have received a pin code, how did you receive it? By mail, email etc? If by email which part of Disney sent it, Disney Travel or WDW etc? I've read that you can also call and ask if there are any offers associated with your name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter