• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining in august??

aimeekdg

Earning My Ears
I keep reading about free dining for later in the year, can someone explain this to me? Do you get the free dining when you plan a vacation through Disney and is this open to the public or do you have to be part of a mailing list? Also for these Disney vacation packages..can you pay for it monthly instead of whole and is it worth it? I got my flight to WDW taken care of and I also know of a good hotel deal but any links to some great deals would be helpful. Thank you! :)

H-Town here also!

I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't been looking for it either. I usually either get it in the mail or see it on the disneyworld.com when they have the free dining plans. Just have to watch for it. And someone usually will post it somewhere on these boards too.

I keep reading about free dining for later in the year, can someone explain this to me? Do you get the free dining when you plan a vacation through Disney and is this open to the public or do you have to be part of a mailing list? Also for these Disney vacation packages..can you pay for it monthly instead of whole and is it worth it? I got my flight to WDW taken care of and I also know of a good hotel deal but any links to some great deals would be helpful. Thank you! :)

Free dining is sometimes offered when you book a package that includes hotel and park tickets. You need to buy at least on day of tickets to get the free dining when it is offered. So far this year, FD has not been offered as much as in the past few years. A lot of people (me included) are waiting to see if it will be offered at some point for Aug-Dec stays. Last year they did offer it in Aug-Sept. These deals may be offered to Disney Visa card holders first, but are eventually offered to the public. There are only a limited number of rooms at each hotel available for FD so everyone is tend to stress so it is not missed. I hope that helps. Right now I wouldn't expect to see an announcement for at least a week or two as a current promotion is running.

You can however you wish. You need to put down a $200 deposit when you book. If you want to pay monthly, just call and make a payment.

Are you looking for deals on property or off? You'll get better deals off property. On property you just need to call and ask what is available. Right now it is a room only discount through mid June I think for on property.

Free dining means that you can get the dining plan for free when you book a package that includes hotel and tickets. For years now it's been offered mid to late August through the end of September, although I'm not sure when it's generally announced. It's open to the public and you can book it through Disney yourself, or have a TA do it. You can definitely make monthly payments (you have to put down $200 when you first book and make the final payment 45 days before you arrive.) You'll get differing opinions as to whether or not it's worth it. Some people feel that it's not worth it because you have to pay rack rate on the room, but there might not be a room discount available for the same time frame, although if there is, you should do the math to see which is the better deal.

I have been told by two different CM that FD is going to be Aug. 18- Sept 25 this year. Once when I booked a BB and once when I changed the dates on my reservation. Look for the offer on Disney's site or wdwinfo under specials or discounts. I think you typically start see the promo for it in the spring.

That would be great but doesn't seem to match up with dates being shared over on the discounts board.

I'm hearing dates between August 18 and 24th to begin free dining. The bounceback dates begin on the 18th and this date would be ideal for many folks; however, the 24th would cut more people out of a discount with the gap between the end of summer discounts and the beginning of free dining.

I do hope they follow the bounceback with the 18th, but the 24th keeps coming up quite a lot.

I have been told by two different CM that FD is going to be Aug. 18- Sept 25 this year. Once when I booked a BB and once when I changed the dates on my reservation. Look for the offer on Disney's site or wdwinfo under specials or discounts. I think you typically start see the promo for it in the spring.

I hope they go with the 18th. We are arriving the 21st. I could change our dates, but flights over a weekend are so much more expensive. Let's all hope. We are going FD or not, but it sure would be nice.

Does anyone when they typically come out with this. Last year I know it was early March... was it much later in previous years?

Does anyone when they typically come out with this. Last year I know it was early March... was it much later in previous years?

I've listed historical dates going back many years. Usually mid to late April. I'm seeing late April this year at a minimum.

If you book a BounceBack in the same date as the free dining, do you get both discounts or just the choice between the room or dining? Thanks!! :)

Any news on if they are excluding values?!
The Bounceback offer that was in the rooms last August started FD on August 18th and ended around Sept 25th and it did indeed include the values with QSDP:) Also it has not yet been released to the general public yet hoping it will be around the 25th of this month! AS I did not book Bounce back offer in August and now looks like we can get in a week trip :) Normally the general public offer dates are a week later than the Bounceback offer which would put it at starting the 24th of August if this is correct but I would love to see it released to General public for the 18th and on as I would like to go that week

If you book a BounceBack in the same date as the free dining, do you get both discounts or just the choice between the room or dining? Thanks!! :)

Only one so you wo do the math and see which is the best offer for your family :)

I have a seen a few places today that folks are thinking a new promo for late summer dates will appear on 4/25 - where is this info coming from? I am DYING for an update - just don't want to get my hopes up for a 4/25 promo release.

I have a seen a few places today that folks are thinking a new promo for late summer dates will appear on 4/25 - where is this info coming from? I am DYING for an update - just don't want to get my hopes up for a 4/25 promo release.

Theory is coming from Disney normally releasing new promos on thursdays and the end of April begining of May is when it has come out previously along with if it is coming out it should be the next offer which should be the end of April :) So nope not etched in stone but is very likely if they are indeed offering it :)

Thanks so much!!! Although Disney doesn't seem to be following 100% from the past - everything I own is crossed for a good late Aug promo!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter