Free Dining in Aug/Sept?

ClarkusR

Earning My Ears
I have seen several posts that last 2 years free dining was offered in Aug/Sept. Is this correct?

We are planning a trip Sept 20-27...any chance we get free dining? And if it is offered can the free dining be added AFTER we make our reservations?

Sorry....Disney rookie here (whole family) but I would be STOKED if we could get free dining. Really STOKED!!!

Yes you are correct free dining has been offered the past 2 years for Aug/Sept. In the past the code has come out around mid April. You can book your reservation without free dining and when the code for free dining for the general public comes out just call back and have it applied to your existing reservation. Hope this helps.

Wow, that would be AWESOME!!!! Maybe we can afford a REAL trip after all!!!

Glad i could help Aug/Sept. is a great time to visit. This will be my third year in a row visiting with free dining and it is definitely worth it. The crowds are low and the weather is hot but bearable just plan on taking an afternoon nap/swim and you'll make it through. Have Fun!!!!! and hope they do come out with a free dining code. Booked my on bounceback but the way the economy is right now I bet Disney will do anything to get room occupancy up and Aug/Sept being a low time there is a good chance a coe will come out.

You are right about free dining, and the heat of Sept is worth free dining. I got the free dining special last Sept and it was great. We are from LA and we were in Disney while Hurricane Gustav was hitting LA. Our house survived but we had alot of flooding, my in-laws house flooded but all is well now.
You will have a great trip.

SIMMSMOUSE, thanks for reply and glad your house survived Gustav. I see you stayed at All Star Movies and POP Century last 2 times....we are thinking of All Star Movies with kids 6, 2 and 1. Which one do you think would be best for us....value resort is all we can really afford. Thanks.

All Star Music has family suites that are very affordable and with free dining I would definitelty consider it since you have 3 young children. You can see pics on this website and @ disneyworld.com.

Yes, you are right. They are giving codes for free dining, just wait for it and apply it in your reservation.

Have a nice day and safe trip coming. :)

Did they put family suites in at ASMovies now? I thought they were only at ASMusic.

I have stayed at both ASMovies and Pop and DS liked Movies better when he was younger so I would think that would probably be what your kids would like. Visit the toy story building if you don't get a room in that building the kids will love it.

SIMMSMOUSE, thanks for reply and glad your house survived Gustav. I see you stayed at All Star Movies and POP Century last 2 times....we are thinking of All Star Movies with kids 6, 2 and 1. Which one do you think would be best for us....value resort is all we can really afford. Thanks.

I liked POP a little better because they do not share busses with anyone. However ASMO is great as well. If you are traveling in Sept the busses will probably not be an issue. Crowds are lighter at that time. The rooms are identical in both resorts so it is just a matter of which theme you like better.
Have a great trip and I hope you get free dining like we did

11.gif

We are bouncing back in Sept. with free dining. DS and I are taking DM for a mom and daughters only trip. We are also staying in the family suites at ASM since DM's snoring is unbearable. :scared1:

Suite wouldn't have helped my DH snoring, Not at Disney; but people next room over have knocked on wall!! :rotfl2: Recently got DH CPAP machine - A whole new "world" he is quite and I'm sleeping again! Although you are pulled to seperate security line in airport for swabbing if you carry it on (which I couldn't even imagine that machine being delayed or lost)! Good luck

Can someone tell me if you get free parking in orlando/theme parks for disabled badge holders,its our first time and dads a little less mobile.in uk its mostly free.

What do you get for free dining? We're planning to go in September 2010 so this would be great :)

We got 1 TS (table service) 1 CS (counter service) 1 SN (snack) for each person, for each night on plan. BUT there have been LOTS of changes to the dining plan and who knows what Disney will offer in this economy!
Good Luck!

I booked a bounceback room-only res for August 2009. If a free dining code comes out, will I be able to use it on this same reservation?

I received an email a few weeks ago for free dining in August/September. We are going Aut 17-21st. Never used dining plan due to annual passes and the discounts we receive with that. This time we're getting 1 pass each for 1 day and qualify for all days for the free dining. 17 year old bringing a friend to use the passes and we all eat for free. !! It feels like they are making us go again.:rotfl:

I also got a bounce-back free dining for September from last year.

Please note that they only have so many "free dining" slots at each resort, so if your first resort choice is not available then ask what other values have availability. I've stayed at 3 of the values and they really aren't all that different from each other. As with most resorts, sometimes the enjoyment can come from the location/neighbors of your room.

I agree that you should make a booking now and then call as soon as the Free Dining is announced. Last year we called a few weeks after it was announced and had to adjust our arrival in order to get a value resort.

We loved the free dining a lot; HOWEVER, later they came out with a room-only code which, if you weren't interested in the dining, was very economical. With the free dining, you do have to pay for tip so be sure to factor that into the cost when doing your budget. The free dining isn't really free .... let's say you could have gotten the room for $50 less per day with the room-only code. You would normally eat counter service - say $10 for your meal. With free dining, you pay rack rate for your room and then have tip on top of your table service (drink, dessert, entree might equal $30 or more x 18% tip = $5.40 per person). So you see what I mean ... your free dining will save you money if you were planning to eat that much, but if you are a light eater, the room-only may save you more money. Crunch the numbers based on your priorities.

What I am saying is, if someone isn't really interested in planning their vacation around using dining credits (e.g. wants to do off-site things as well), there will probably be a very good room-only code released for that time period as well.

The free dining, however, allowed my DH and myself to tour in an entirely different way than we had in the past; however, felt we had to stay on schedule to use our credits (e.g. no lounging around the pool til 1:00 because we had to eat lunch early enough to be hungry for a dinner table service).

Okay, that's my 2 cents worth.

I think I already know the answer to this but I will double check anyways...

I am renting from a DVC member. If they release a code for free dinning I am not eligible, correct?

Sorry for the stupid question. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter