Free dining: I'm beginning to despair

DisneyLover75

DIS Veteran
Twice now we thought FD would be announced.. after the summer/early fall FD in May and then after the summer specials were booked last week. Still nothing, except by PIN with which I have not been blessed.

Do you think it's not happening this year???

Twice now we thought FD would be announced.. after the summer/early fall FD in May and then after the summer specials were booked last week. Still nothing, except by PIN with which I have not been blessed.

pm'ed you. I think itll come out its just a matter of time

Be patient FD is coming. I see there is another wave of FD pins being sent out so it won't be much longer.

Don't despair!!! We are all in the same boat as you, hence I check their site about 5 times a day. The truth is, they didn't really announce Free Dining for late fall/early 2012 until early August last year. It just makes it tough on us early planners, as the 180 ADR line is rapidly approaching.

Good luck to everyone waiting for free dining! I've called too many times to count and still nothing for my family. I'm trying to be patient, but when you read of so many people saving hundreds of dollars it's tough to sit back and wait. This my family's 1st trip and how magical it would be if we could put the savings of FD and be able to book a few more exciting things for my kids. Although, patience is a good lesson to learn. :thumbsup2

Both the email Pin Code and the hard copy pin code mailer I got over the weekend have "book by" dates of 7/28/12 for the free dining offers that start in October and run thru December (with obvious blackout dates).

It stands to reason that Disney may wait until the pin code expiration passes to get an accurate assessment of participation before they release a GP offering with the same discounts. This would also be consistent with 2010 and 2011 when they released free fall dining, which was late July or early August.

Its hard to be patient when planning for Disney, but I wouldn't get too worked up yet on not seeing GP offerings for free dining. Its only speculation on my part, but you may have to wait until end of July to see if it comes out. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I was hoping that "if" a FD general public code was coming out for the late Nov/December dates that it would be offered before the CP packages came out next week.

Both the email Pin Code and the hard copy pin code mailer I got over the weekend have "book by" dates of 7/28/12 for the free dining offers that start in October and run thru December (with obvious blackout dates).
It stands to reason that Disney may wait until the pin code expiration passes to get an accurate assessment of participation before they release a GP offering with the same discounts. This would also be consistent with 2010 and 2011 when they released free fall dining, which was late July or early August.

Its hard to be patient when planning for Disney, but I wouldn't get too worked up yet on not seeing GP offerings for free dining. Its only speculation on my part, but you may have to wait until end of July to see if it comes out. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That time frame would be about like last year's gp offer. I think last year it was August 3rd when free dining was released for October and beyond to the general public.

The waiting is killing me and no pin in my mailbox or inbox as of yet. :mad: But those dates on your pin give me hope something will be released shortly after the book by date for that pin.

Right there with ya!!! I just moved my reservation and flight up a day so we will arrive on 11/1 rather than 11/2.

I also just called to update all my info AND to check for a PIN....

Needless to say...I'm still a-waitin'.....:rolleyes1

my plan is to wait until the Aug 15th experation date of the current room discount. If we dont see FD before that date we will book under the room discount. If we can get FD we will book under FD

We received a PIN with blackout dates that are for our trip, so now I'm completely freaking out. So annoying.

When you received your pin for the FD what days did they blackout? We are going to arrive November 23rd and are hoping to get the free dining.

for anyone else w/ this worry, my wife talked to a reservations cast member yesterday. his exact words were "don't worry about not having the october pin code in your account, free dining will be released soon".
how soon? that he didn't say, but just assurance that it is coming is good enough for me.
keep your eyes on these boards, they always go crazy when it happens.

FD was released on Aug 3 last year. I think it will come earlier this year because they have already bumped up the other discount relase dates from previous years. The wording on the FD PIN was "Get a first look at a tasty fall offer". The general public will be getting the "second" look, so hang in there a bit longer. It WILL come.:goodvibes

We check in on 10/20 and no PIN for us either. :sad1: My boss got Minnie mail yesterday, but I got nothing! I was really hoping for free dining so I could pay OOP for something like BBB, or some AWESOME costumes for MNSSHP, but looks like I'll be skipping the BBB and we'll just go to MNSSHP with what ever we got.... I'm sick of getting my hopes up only to be let down.

I'm still waiting, but not in despair yet. It's coming, it's just the matter of when. I need it to come earlier & then an awesome airfare sale after the dates are announced, lol! :hippie::rotfl2::cool2:

We're still waiting too. No pin codes by e-mail or snail mail so far for us. I've even called a couple times, but no luck yet. Here's to hoping for some pixiedust: for everyone still waiting. :)

We are hoping that FD opens soon so that if a good deal on airfare comes along, we can book that. I'm hesitant to reserve airfare before FD is offered because we can be somewhat flexible and adjust our dates to get FD if we need to.

We are just excited to be going though! We usually go in the summer, so this is our first visit at Christmastime! Can't wait!!!:):goodvibes:)

When you received your pin for the FD what days did they blackout? We are going to arrive November 23rd and are hoping to get the free dining.

11/23-11/29 was one of the check in periods for which FD was offered, so your check in date (same as ours:thumbsup2) would make you eligible if you get the pin code. No guarantees though that when a GP offering comes thru that it will be the exact same dates. But based on current email and hard copy pin codes, you'd not be blacked out.

Like PP said last year it didn't release until August 3rd, so I wouldn't worry for awhile yet! I'm sure it's coming, considering they did it for spring and there are lots of pins floating around. I assume the blackout dates will be the same as the pins though, so keep that in mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter