• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining for this SUMMER

Derek&Ashley

Mouseketeer
My wife and I have been trying to get free dining for our trip this June. Because of personal circumstances we didn't start planning this trip until about 3 weeks ago. Well, my wife and I's friend (who is coming with us) was going through some old papers she had yesterday and saw that she actually was mailed an offer for free dining a couple of months ago but it expired on April 30th. She found it 1 day too late. Well, we decided even though we thought it wouldn't work, we would call and try to use it this morning. The CM said that he couldn't give us the code but not to worry because free dining would be offered to us for our time period tomorrow. But I thought that offer was going to be the same as the Disney Visa offer for the fall. Does anyone know if it will also be offered to the GP for the summer? Or did we just get another uninformed CM on the phone?

Free Dining for the summer was offered to DV card holders on Thursday and is scheduled to be offered to the GP tomorrow. I believe it goes from 8/15-10/2. Which I should know since I've been following this thread so closely!

Those dates are not what I was talking about. Summer is 6-21 through 9-21. I'm looking for dates in June. I said that the Disney Visa offer going out to the general public on Monday isn't for my dates but since the CM said it would be offered to us, does anyone know if the summer months will also be included.

I am curious too! I would love to get free dining for our July trip (4 adults). Disney, please throw some pixie dust our way!:goodvibes

I really hope they will offer FD during the summer...if they happen to, does anyone know if you can apply FD to the 5 night/6 day package w/gift card?

The offer coming out tomorrow will likely not be available for a June or July trip. It's been announced by Disney Visa that the general public offer which opens May 3 is effective for check-ins starting August 15, so it will not apply to earlier trips. Extra pin codes might come out, but there's no way to tell whether you'd get one.

does anyone know if you can apply FD to the 5 night/6 day package w/gift card?

You can use only one discount, so you'd lose the gift card.

Oh, I hope so!!! I really want free dining for my trip on August 4. I guess I will have to hop out of bed early in the morning and check the computer.

I really doubt that the promos would go backwards in terms of dates. They are on to the end of summer/fall at this point.

There are good room only discounts still available for May thru Aug. Which historically speaking has been rare. It is the 3rd busiest time of the year so any break is a good one.

I am 100% behind you in getting your free dining for the summer - that is exactly what we have been waiting for, too!!!

The $750 dollars GC for summer ,if you are 2 o 3 persons, is a little better than free dining, you need 5 nites, for the $750 GC.:dance3:

The $750 dollars GC for summer ,if you are 2 o 3 persons, is a little better than free dining, you need 5 nites, for the $750 GC.:dance3:

Is this a pin? We decided today that we might book a WDW trip for the end of the summer, but only if we can get our hands on a GREAT deal. We have been 4 times in less than 2 years, and even though we just went in March, we really want to go back again before school starts back up.

Play around and save some trips, maybe you'll get a pin for free dining. We did, and our trip had to be completed by 8/14.

A general public F/D offer for dates BEFORE 8/14 is highly unlikely at this point.

VERY unlikely.

K

Is this a pin? We decided today that we might book a WDW trip for the end of the summer, but only if we can get our hands on a GREAT deal. We have been 4 times in less than 2 years, and even though we just went in March, we really want to go back again before school starts back up.

This offer was for General Public, and it was offered before the kids stay free. Its gone now.But there is the % off still going.

I've noticed that Disney's discount "machine" doesn't really allow/reward last minute planners. They are set up to provide the best discounts for people planning 4-6 months or further out. I'm sure that time frame allows Disney to do the planning it needs for up- or down- staffing, training, procurement, etc. The Disney juggernaut needs lots of time to course correct itself. :sail:

Mike

This offer was for General Public, and it was offered before the kids stay free. Its gone now.But there is the % off still going.

There is a new % off on room only that covers the same dates as FD.....up to 40% on a deluxe. I tried to get it working this morning to compare but they hadn't updated the dates on the booking site. It might be working now though.

I've noticed that Disney's discount "machine" doesn't really allow/reward last minute planners. They are set up to provide the best discounts for people planning 4-6 months or further out. I'm sure that time frame allows Disney to do the planning it needs for up- or down- staffing, training, procurement, etc. The Disney juggernaut needs lots of time to course correct itself. :sail:

Mike

Cause they have the occupancy levels they want... At this point, with all the offers they recently had, they are pretty booked or to the level they want to be. Anyone coming late to the game will get hit with rack rate.

Now, the concentration is on early fall. 8/15 to 10/2. By the end of August, expect this to switch to october-december. Either same offer or something different.

Cause they have the occupancy levels they want... At this point, with all the offers they recently had, they are pretty booked or to the level they want to be. Anyone coming late to the game will get hit with rack rate.

Now, the concentration is on early fall. 8/15 to 10/2. By the end of August, expect this to switch to october-december. Either same offer or something different.

I understand that....just saying that Disney doesn't really have the last minute traveler in mind with a Disney vacation. They want you planning and booking your trip 4-6 or more months out, so they have their occupancy plans done early, too. I guess other resorts/vacation places are like this too, but seems like they offer discounts as the time draws near, to try to fill those last few open spaces/rooms. But disney is several hotels, restaurants, recreational facilities, etc. It needs to know how many people are coming months in advance so it can do all the needed things it needs to offe a "magical" vacation to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter