FREE DINING for DISNEY VISA CARD HOLDERS!!

I am curious to what you were told Brave because I spoke with a CM and a supervisor and the supervisor was insisting that I had to pay the increase because it was a new promotion. My original package was at full price for rooms and the old ticket prices. I did not have the dining plan added on. Maybe that is it maybe if you had the dining plan included like you were paying for it and then called and they reimbursed your account. I am confused but would love to hear what you were told.

That's a good thought, too. I can't wait to hear their response.:goodvibes

I have no idea what tickets costs but I know the increase was $78.

We have 3 adult 8 day hoppers (no water). Does that come to $78 old vs new pricing?

It's possible because I was charged somewhere around $120ish (give or take $5-10) and we have 2 adults and 2 kids for 9 day hoppers.

Thanks DisneyMom5 and Brave for the reply. I was worried I wouldn't be able to take advantage of FD as I can only go for 4 nights. I feel better now!

I kept the same confirmation/reservation# when I switched from 30% off to FD this morning, but I think I did pay the new prices.
Alright, it's my turn to apoligize! lol!

I spoke to Winston, who is a customer service manager at Disney reservations, he was super informative, very nice and helpful. He said they were thrown for a bit of a loop this morning and that the agents were just informed that they have implemented a new program in the reservations system and that you still do not have to rebook or cancel, but that the computer WILL automatically charge you the new ticket price. He said that this procedure and program were brand new and some of the agents were still confused and amight not have been giving accurate information to guests.

So, I went back and looked at the reservation that I added the code to this morning, which was for a friend of mine who was at work and could not hang on the phone all morning trying to get the discount, and my math must just have been wrong. They were charge about $100.00 more for ticket increase prices.

Wow, you can always learn something new on the Disboards! I still don't think it's good customer service, and Winston agreed, but it is what it is. We were lucky enough to get a pin code a few months ago for the LM rooms and did not have to pay an increase. We have a large family and usually stay 9 nights, so this would be a substantial increase for us. Free Dining would still be the best discount for us, but you would have to factor in the ticket increase.

Everyone check your room occupants, I just called to change dates and they ROYALLY screwed up who was in the rooms (booked with 3 children 1 teen) and they had 2 children listed twice.....WILD! It lowered my balance and would have been a HUGE issue when we checked in with a teen trying to use a 'child's ticket' and dining credit. The CM said that it never had our teen listed.....all the while I'm sitting here looking at our confirmation from back in March with her listed and the correct age listed.

Disney computers are CRAZY....they've changed our children's ages multiple times as well as our phone number reverting back to an older phone number we had at our previous address (6 years ago)....etc.

So check those rooms and make sure everyone is listed as the correct age...etc.

Alright, it's my turn to apoligize! lol!

I spoke to Winston, who is a customer service manager at Disney reservations, he was super informative, very nice and helpful. He said they were thrown for a bit of a loop this morning and that the agents were just informed that they have implemented a new program in the reservations system and that you still do not have to rebook or cancel, but that the computer will not automatically charge you the new ticket price. He said that this procedure and program were brand new and some of the agents were still confused and amight not have been giving accurate information to guests.

So, I went back and looked at the reservation that I added the code to this morning, which was for a friend of mine who was at work and could not hang on the phone all morning trying to get the discount, and my math must just have been wrong. They were charge about $100.00 more for ticket increase prices.

Wow, you can always learn something new on the Disboards! I still don't think it's good customer service, and Winston agreed, but it is what it is. We were lucky enough to get a pin code a few months ago for the LM rooms and did not have to pay an increase. We have a large family and usually stay 9 nights, so this would be a substantial increase for us. Free Dining would still be the best discount for us, but you would have to factor in the ticket increase.

You mean it WILL, not will NOT, right?:rotfl: (or maybe that "not" is supposed to say "now"???)

Good to have some clarification. I agree that it sucks, but hey...9 days of free food is well worth the ticket increase for me, so I can't complain.:goodvibes

ETA: Nevermind, you caught it. :rotfl:

Thanks for the ticket price increase information. We're actually paying for the dining plan OOP this year, well.....we currently have changed our dates so we can take advantage of the FDing released later in the week. BUT, FDing was only saving us $500.00 over the 30% off code we were able to score.....so with ticket price increase factored in we MAY be moving it back to the check in date we had and just breaking even. Going to figure all that now....thanks again for the confirmation of that information :)

Forgive my ignorance people-- what are the requirements for FD? How many nights do we have to stay?

Thanks!

Just called to add free dining to my existing room at WL (standard) and I had to upgrade to woods view to get the free dining. I was torn about the standard versus woods view anyway so I'm not too upset about the extra money ($135 or thereabouts)....

Forgive my ignorance people-- what are the requirements for FD? How many nights do we have to stay?

Thanks!

3 night minimum, 14 night maximum. Minimum of a 2 day base ticket for everyone on the reservation ages 3 and up.:thumbsup2

Could I stay at the Swan or Dolphin and get FD?

No. While they are on Disney property, they are not Disney operated hotels. They do not participate in the dining plan. I think they are owned by Starwood Hotels (maybe???).

smitch425 said:
3 night minimum, 14 night maximum. Minimum of a 2 day base ticket for everyone on the reservation ages 3 and up.:thumbsup2

Thanks! But I am so confused-- just read on a code watch thread that it's a 6 night/7 day requirement. Can anyone confirm this? I hope it isn't-- we can only go for 4 days in December.

Just did the exact math.

I have to pay $710 more to get the regular dining play which costs $1087.

So I am getting about a 35% discount on the plan. It's still worth it but not as good as I had hoped.

I could switch to a mod and get the same thing for another $70. I would do that if it was just our family.

Historically have the free dining dates for the general public been the same as the free dining dates for Disney visa holders?

no POR rooms for 5 for the week after thanksgiving :(
I went ahead and cancelled our reservation. Any chance alligator bayou rooms will be offered on Thursday?

I called back and now it was available!!!!!!!
I booked it so fast!

Thanks! But I am so confused-- just read on a code watch thread that it's a 6 night/7 day requirement. Can anyone confirm this? I hope it isn't-- we can only go for 4 days in December.

You can book it for less time but i cant remember the minimum needed for the fd..... Maybe someone else can chime in.... 3 night 2 day myw base..... ( thanks to smitch425)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter