Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl2::hug:

I learned all about the BB here last spring and was set on booking it during our fall trip in 2014. I looked in the room and in our check-in folder - no BB info anywhere. We were at CBR from 11/11- 11/19. I thought it would maybe appear towards the end of our stay or in the checkout packet. I decided to call on 11/16 just to check and the Free Dining BB offer ended 11/15 - only % off was available. I was heartbroken :-(. They wouldn't give it to me. I am not sure if the online checkin process lead us to getting less info when we arrived at the resort???

My advice is call the number when you get there and maybe during your stay to see if it changed -- all the hours I would have saved - now I am obsessed with the Dis again!!! And in the same boat as last year

Oh, like the Disney cruise! i am familiar with that..but i am confused...I was in Disney last September staying at POP and no one offered me Bounce back! How did does that work?

My best advice is to call x8844 from your resort room while you are at Disney and ask what the current BB offers are. Finding the information in a brochure/pamphlet is not easy but this number is the one you call to book BB offers and they can let you know what is their current promotion. Also, don't be afraid to ask specific questions like, 'Is ........... available?' I know for the past few years they only advertise a FD BB for the moderate and deluxe resorts but each of the past 3 years when I've specifically asked if it's available for the Value resorts too the answer has always been Yes!

It never hurts to ask. Or...to book if you think you possibly will go back and can afford the $200 deposit. It's easy to cancel if you need to.

:rotfl2::hug:

I learned all about the BB here last spring and was set on booking it during our fall trip in 2014. I looked in the room and in our check-in folder - no BB info anywhere. We were at CBR from 11/11- 11/19. I thought it would maybe appear towards the end of our stay or in the checkout packet. I decided to call on 11/16 just to check and the Free Dining BB offer ended 11/15 - only % off was available. I was heartbroken :-(. They wouldn't give it to me. I am not sure if the online checkin process lead us to getting less info when we arrived at the resort???

My advice is call the number when you get there and maybe during your stay to see if it changed -- all the hours I would have saved - now I am obsessed with the Dis again!!! And in the same boat as last year
This is what I do. I call almost immediately upon arrival. Then if I don't like the answer, I will call back, multiple times if necessary, to see if anything has changed.

I just called in and the cm said I could either make reservation now and they would modify when discounts come out or call back in a few days and make my reservation then.
Oh, that's very helpful! Sounds good...a sign of things to come....we all hope!

This is my plan too, although my DH doesn't know yet. I'm hoping to book a bounce back for just the two of us for 2016. Leave the kids at home and have another adult trip. Considering he turned down many vacation destinations for his 40th birthday and wanted to take the kids to Disney (we'll celebrate on this trip), it's not the Disney I have to convince him of...it's the Disney without kids (which we've done many times, but only once since having little ones)!
Funny, this year was suppose to be our adults only trip but I felt to guilty leaving the kids and now if we fall in line with free dining, I'm adding the kids. DH doesn't know it yet...lol
I think I'll be in trouble. My kids are young and I can't NOT take them to Disney, but that is where I want to go with hubby...lol
I'm such a grown up. I tried to look at Atlantis or something different, but our hearts always take us to Disney

Called Chase and got right through. I asked if there was any new promotions for card members starting anytime soon. The girl was super helpful and said she couldn't say anything "on the record" but to keep the Disney number in my phone for next week. I asked "Maybe Monday?" and she was noncommittal, would not confirm nor deny. I even tried "Okay I'll say a day and you like cough or something if I'm close?":D She was not giving up anymore than what she said!
This is hysterical....thank you for this story! I think telling you to keep the Disney number in your phone was BIG! The cough thing was a great idea though!

Haha I work for Apple in iOS support and developer services and I get the same thing daily about patch and product releases. I try to be as helpful as possible by saying things like "I really can't say, but as a caution if you are going to call us on Monday, be prepared for a longer than normal hold time" Those are the best hints I can give without hearing about it.
Great way to hint! Thanks for that tip...very optimistic!

My husband is a pilot too :) We also buy tickets when we can get a good price because there was no way I was non revving to MCO. LOL Still need to buy our tickets for our fall trip.
Oh I know! We tried last year IAH to MCO and back and we are low on the seniority list. NEVER AGAIN!!! We were able to find great fares and the very next week after we booked the flight we wanted had gone up $20 per person, so yay! What airline is he with and where are y'all based? Mine is XJT based out of IAH, FO. Starts his 3rd year in June.

We have reservations at the Beach Resort from September 13 to September 19. We are going with or without free dining. If free dining is announced on Monday for DV I can add the free dining. Will I now have to pay the increase in the park tickets and the park hopper?

We have reservations at the Beach Resort from September 13 to September 19. We are going with or without free dining. If free dining is announced on Monday for DV I can add the free dining. Will I now have to pay the increase in the park tickets and the park hopper?
I think I saw someone say earlier that if you modify the reservation then yes, you will have to pay the increased ticket prices. Hopefully they come back.

I need some pixie dust and luck sent my way. Also, any tips from you veterans who have stalked these boards for years and are familiar with the situation, your help is appreciated.

We are currently booked for POR 10/17-10/26. If rumors prove to be true, FD will be blacked out for us. I have been watching AoA LM rooms for a few weeks and no dice. We would rather switch to these than keep POR, even with a RO discount. My parents will also be coming as well, but they will make a separate reservation.

In y'all's experience, once fall promos are released, do a lot of the LM rooms usually open up since they are normally excluded from all promos? I am worried that since our dates are blacked out, people will not be leaving to switch to FD bc it will be blacked out everywhere else too. Anyone's advice is greatly appreciated. These rooms would save us a bunch, especially since we will definitely be paying OOP for food.

I suppose that's true. For me I am always looking at flights from Indy or Louisville to Vegas. When the flight comes out the standard rate might be $204 each way. With the first sale it could drop to $160 each way. Then the next sale it might be $170, then $178, then $188. In between sales it goes back up to $204- $212. I have had it do a drop closer to the date before but that's an exception to the rule. maybe it's best to keep an eye on the pattern of your specific city.

Thanks for all of the flight info, I would have waited till 6-7 weeks before like a lot of websites suggest is the cheapest time to buy.

So Aubrav 5/14 is a Thursday, would you wait till the following Tuesday to book? If that Tuesday hits and it does not say "sale" would you wait till the following Tuesday?

Yes. If they have gone up since you originally booked. We are booked for the Beach Club Sept 12-19!

In talking about the Bounce Back offers, I missed it last year because I didn't know you just had to call. But from what is being said, it's offered every year? Like when I go this October it will most likely be available?
I didn't see a BB offer in my room last fall at POP. Or the year before (fall 2013). I asked at front desk and also at concierge and was told "we haven't had those for a while." My guess is that it depends completely on 1) the resort and 2) who you are talking to at front desk/concierge and whether they really know what's what. If you are really interested, I would suggest you stop by periodically at both concierge & front desk & and also ask for the manager to try to satisfy yourself as to whether it is available. Good luck!

Quick Q about a split stay

Our dates for our stay are 6 - 15 Nov. FD dates start on the 9th (or 8th depending on the rumor).
The best option for us would be to do a split stay 6-8 & 9-15...but how does that work with the tickets?
If we book the FD package for the 9-15, that includes the tickets...but since the tickets get cheaper the longer you stay, I dont want to end up doubling up on the tickets. ( 3 day ticket for the first stay and the rest included in the FD package).

What's the best way to do this and maximize savings?

Thanks in advance!

My understanding is that you will have to pay the new prices. We booked before the price hike and then added a day and had the pay the new prices.

From viajeromagico "Es obligatorio contratar al menos 2 días de tickets junto a las noches de hotel. Este año los tickets no podrán ser base: deberán al menos sumar un adicional (Water Park Fun & More y/o Hopper). Las estadías deben tener un mínimo de 3 noches y un máximo de 14 noches"

I don't know if this is something new. It translates into you need to add park hopper and/or waterparks and more option to get the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter