Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I must have called then. So odd-- I just don't remember being on hold a lot, or any chaotic rush to get it added.

So...if I make a new package reservation online, I can go and switch over the ADR's that are attached to my old one (and then cancel the old reservation)?
I have this fear that I won't be able to get through on the phone, and will give up and start over-- just don't want to risk losing dining reservations.

does anyone have a list of dates from previous years?? when it was offered and when it was available?

does anyone have a list of dates from previous years?? when it was offered and when it was available?
Last year's available check in dates were...

August 31 – October 3, 2014
October 26 – November 1, 2014
November 9 – 20, 2014
December 12 – 23, 2014

The offer went public on May 7.

Hmmm, I must have called then. So odd-- I just don't remember being on hold a lot, or any chaotic rush to get it added.

So...if I make a new package reservation online, I can go and switch over the ADR's that are attached to my old one (and then cancel the old reservation)?
I have this fear that I won't be able to get through on the phone, and will give up and start over-- just don't want to risk losing dining reservations.
ADRs are not attached to your reservation, you will not lose them if you rebook. you will be subject to the increased price on the park tickets if you booked the package before the recent price increase.

Oh that's too bad we are going August 22. A few years ago r had free dining at that time :(

Think this might be specifically for someone, but I thought I would respond anyway. LOL
We are going to RFC, The Plaza, Rose and Crown, Sci Fi, Boma and Mama Melrose. Most of these are new to us, but RFC and Sci Fi are ones we have been to. Plus we have been to Boma for dinner, but this time we are doing breakfast.

I think Disney offers plenty of CS options, to be satisfied with that plan, but if you enjoy TS, it is definitely worth the upgrade price, IMO.

Sorry! It was meant for everyone I have trouble typing sometimes :) was supposed to say "so"
I've been obsessing over the menus because we wouldn't be paying for many TS without the free dining upgrade. (Staying at pop) I definitely want CP for an early park entrance and tusker house. But Fd opens up all the others.....I am not sure I want to dedicate the time, but eight days of park CS might get very old

We've never considered free dining before and always buy our tickets via Mousesavers.

Am I understanding correctly that this wouldn't work if we decide to do the FD if it's available during our stay?

Does this mean we have to convert our room only ressies to a MYW package to take advantage of FD?

We've never considered free dining before and always buy our tickets via Mousesavers.

Am I understanding correctly that this wouldn't work if we decide to do the FD if it's available during our stay?

Does this mean we have to convert our room only ressies to a MYW package to take advantage of FD?
That is correct. In the past FD has required a MYW package

I have been stalking this thread for a while, but thought I would say hi. We are staying at Art of Animation 9/11-9/20 and hoping for free dining which if we get we plan to upgrade. We have been planning since September of last year, however I just had to redo my ticker because we changed resorts and it was set up for our old resort. Super excited to be going back!!

We are planning for the following ADR's Chefs de France, Hollywood & Vine, Sanaa, Be Our Guest, Tutto Italia, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, Garden Grill, Crystal Palace and Ohana Breakfast. We have never been to any of these so we are super excited!!!

Finny1981 - We will be at AoA about the same time in September. This is only our second trip to Disney. We missed out on the free dining last time because we stayed off property.

Does anyone know if they dining credits are per person or per family?

Finny1981 - We will be at AoA about the same time in September. This is only our second trip to Disney. We missed out on the free dining last time because we stayed off property.

They're per person, but tracked in a " pool" for the whole group. At least, that's how it was in 2008/09. There was nothing in the system stopping DH from using more than half the credits if he wanted to. It wasn't a big deal for us, but if you've got kids counting snacks, it might be harder to track.

My husband and daughter will be missing four meals. I'm wondering if two other people in our family will be able to use their unused credits?

The credits are all pulled together. Although you will get a set number of adult and a set number of children's credits. Disney has no way of knowing which person in your family is actually using the credits. Especially since many people *pay* for the whole party on one bill and not on individual bands.

Subbing. Hubby and I are considering a couples trip this fall for food and wine, and any sort of discount would help :)

I haven't read all the pages, so I don't know if anyone has said this yet...but when we were there last September with our free dining, our Bounce Back offer in the room only offered the free dining (of any kind) for the Moderate and Deluxe properties. We have always had the option of the value with Quick Service or upgrade to Basic Dining. We didn't book... I can not justify $500 just for a larger room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter