Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the phone checking for pins. The CM said we can expect an announcement real soon. When I asked, "like within a week?", she responded with ,"probably about 7-10 days". When I asked if it was free dining she laughed and said, "Well I'm not sure. We don't know what it'll be".

Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

I'm starting to get the disney planning dreams now. Usually it is close to time to go and I dream I've forgot something or missed our flight etc. But last night I dreamed I woke up this morning and free dining started booking without any notice and I did not know it and it was already 10am!!! :faint: I was freaking out. Man was I relieved when I woke up...and checked this thread just in case Haha!

I've been having Disney planning dreams too! The other night I dreamt that we booked our vacation for POP resort and I woke up feeling very happy.. I thought it might be a sign that we should go ahead and choose POP. Then last night I dreamt that my dad surprised us all and told us that his travel agent got a special deal and booked us for Ft. Wilderness cabins. I was excited to stay there and was going along with it, but kept thinking in my dream "This is not a good choice. There's only one bathroom! And what about the bus system!" I Think I've spent too much time on the Resort Board, lol!

I have been stalking this board for about a month............lol.................but, seriously people. I thought I would join in and say that along with all of you, I hoping for some FREE dining real soon! We are planning on going in September with 2 other families. There will a total of 12 of us! I'm super excited and super freaked because I am the "planner" of the family when it comes to Disney! I have much obsessing to do over the course of the next few weeks! So many decisions and so many opinions!

On the phone checking for pins. The CM said we can expect an announcement real soon. When I asked, "like within a week?", she responded with ,"probably about 7-10 days". When I asked if it was free dining she laughed and said, "Well I'm not sure. We don't know what it'll be".

Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

Man, I hope the person was right! I can't take it anymore.

One good thing about Southwest....and I don't know who uses which airline....but on Southwest if your particular flight price goes down, they will credit you that amount. You do have to use the credit within a year. This works great if you are planning another trip. I saved $ 60.00 on two tickets to Virginia because during this one week, the return flights went down to $ 82.00. I check every week. Hope this info is helpful to other travelers.
Me too! I have saved a ton of money just by stalking the site. Also, if you book with Rapid Reward points they put the back into your account. Love the flexibility of SW, I don't have to sweat it if we change our plans.

Me too! I have saved a ton of money just by stalking the site. Also, if you book with Rapid Reward points they put the back into your account. Love the flexibility of SW, I don't have to sweat it if we change our plans.
If they put the points back into your account, are those points then subject to the "use within a year" deadline, or do they just become "regular" points again, that don't expire?

Hoping for a free dining announcement soon! I have always called the morning free dining starts and have been on hold for over an hour in years past. We need two rooms because we will have 2 adults, 6 children on this trip. If/when free dining comes out, can I book two separate reservations online to guarantee we get the resort/room we want and then call later in the day to have the rooms put onto 1 reservation?

What number do you guys call to check for PIN codes? Not that I ever get one, but just so I can call and check!

I've been having Disney planning dreams too! The other night I dreamt that we booked our vacation for POP resort and I woke up feeling very happy.. I thought it might be a sign that we should go ahead and choose POP. Then last night I dreamt that my dad surprised us all and told us that his travel agent got a special deal and booked us for Ft. Wilderness cabins. I was excited to stay there and was going along with it, but kept thinking in my dream "This is not a good choice. There's only one bathroom! And what about the bus system!" I Think I've spent too much time on the Resort Board, lol!

I had a Disney dream the other night too! It was that I woke up to a call from our Disney travel agent, who told us they announced free dining and she adjusted all our reservations for our trip this October :) Alas, it will likely remain a dream and not reality for us because we're staying 10/7-10/12, which includes Columbus Day, which was blacked out last year and we're staying at POR, which I think was also blacked out. The trip's for my sister's wedding so we we didn't want to wait for discounts to be announced in fear that we wouldn't get the locations we needed for multiple rooms.

Hoping for a free dining announcement soon! I have always called the morning free dining starts and have been on hold for over an hour in years past. We need two rooms because we will have 2 adults, 6 children on this trip. If/when free dining comes out, can I book two separate reservations online to guarantee we get the resort/room we want and then call later in the day to have the rooms put onto 1 reservation?

No. They can link them, but they'll still be 2 reservations.

Better chance of connecting would be to have them do two rooms on one reservation over the phone.

You will now when they post a discount here asap, because this thread will go from one or two pages a day to like 10 in a day. happens every time.

Wishing everyone good luck for the discount they want.
Every morning I wake up hoping to see a huge jump in my "alerts". Actually, who am I kidding? Every 2 hours I get on the dis boards, I hope for that!

Last edited:
Has anyone else had this problem? I was making a test run for tomorrow to start booking our ADRs and the website would not pull up the date, only the day before. I tried the MDE app and it pulled up the right date but kept saying we couldn't process your results. Getting nervous now as I'm afraid it won't work tomorrow when I'm trying to book everything.

All other dates just say no tables available, but Oct 15 and 16 say unable to look for a table at this time.

It was for a BOG res so I'm sure it's busy, but it won't let me search for reservations in ANY park for the 16th.

Last edited:
Their trips cost a boatload more than ours. Their deals are often better to help with that. They also have access to 14 day tickets.

I wouldn't call it unfair. It's a totally different can of worms coming from another country.
Absolutely agree with this. Free dining for the Brits is almost like a lost leader for Disney since they are looking at close to a 2 week stay to make the $$ Atlantic flight worthwhile. It is a completely different booking and promotion setup. No doubt, Disney World is also competing dollar for dollar with the much, much more reasonable and popular Spain as the UK's true sunshine destination. For Brits, Disney is not the gorilla in the room that the Med is.

Has anyone else had this problem? I was making a test run for tomorrow to start booking our ADRs and the website would not pull up the date, only the day before. I tried the MDE app and it pulled up the right date but kept saying we couldn't process your results. Getting nervous now as I'm afraid it won't work tomorrow when I'm trying to book everything.

All other dates just say no tables available, but Oct 15 and 16 say unable to look for a table at this time.

It was for a BOG res so I'm sure it's busy, but it won't let me search for reservations in ANY park for the 16th.

Yes and don't worry! It did the same exact thing to me last month when I tried. The next day when it was supposed to work it worked just fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter