Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that is so much better then! I think I can work with that, it gives us more flexibility without having to purchase extra days.

Am I correct in assuming that those also require a park hopper to go from park to park in one day? I know it's a stupid question but I just want to make sure.

So they're basically separate. You could do a theme park with your theme park ticket and enter a water park in the evening with a wpfm entry... You can use more than one wpfm entry in a day, so you could do a water park and putt putt in the same day.

They basically work separate from each other.

I am just going to wait to add park hoppers until that part of the rumor is verified. Just hoping now that I have my room with dates that should fall in the FD period I am going to try and relax and change my signature. LOL!

Ugh! I'm hoping the park hopper/water parks part is not true. The only way we could even swing this was free dining, I don't know that I can justify that much extra for park hoppers or water parks feature. It still is a great deal, but it may price us out. :(

I just logged into my account and now the modify button is there that was not yesterday. Maybe they are preparing for the modifications online to avoid phone calls.
If rumors are true I will adjust my plans from POR to CBR or maybe even Contemporary
My fam will be sad not to be at POR but it's still Disney

Thankfully I don't mind having park hoppers. We usually move from park to park at least three out of our five typical park days so they're definitely worthwhile.

Over the weekend I'll price out a Pop Century package with and without dining to compare with our final cost when the free dining offer arrives just to see how well I made out in the end.

It hasn't always been that way. We went during the same week in October 2012 and got free dining! However, my family includes teachers who can't go at another time than school breaks so we will be going regardless!

Sorry, I meant there has always been a large blackout period in mid October, and it's because of fall breaks. It used to be about two weeks, but last year they expanded it by adding an additional week. We have had FD the last several years, but only got it last year because of the UOC. No chance for us this year because they moved our break to Columbus week, but I got a great deal with an agency , so I'm all set. I hope you can get a deal. DH is convinced he won't want to eat while we're there, but I told him I was buying his normal stuff and he was going to have to eat it since we'll already own it. Lol

I just logged into my account and now the modify button is there that was not yesterday. Maybe they are preparing for the modifications online to avoid phone calls.
If rumors are true I will adjust my plans from POR to CBR or maybe even Contemporary
My fam will be sad not to be at POR but it's still Disney
Is this on MDE or logging onto the Disney site?

I hope you can get a deal. DH is convinced he won't want to eat while we're there, but I told him I was buying his normal stuff and he was going to have to eat it since we'll already own it. Lol

Love it!! :rotfl:

I may have missed this somewhere in the 178 pages but has anyone heard any speculation on offers for Canadian residents for the fall? I'm Canadian but I am going with my American family...I wonder if I could score us a deal by being in another country! ::yes::

So...it looks like not only may my dates for FD be severely restricted in December, but I also may have to add park hopper tickets, that I had no intention of getting. In addition to paying an up charge to the DDP if we stay at Pop, since it's likely I won't be able to get a standard room at a moderate, and paying rack rate for the room. DH is just laughing at me: how is this dining "free" if you have to pay all this money to get it, he says. All I could do is laugh. I am so wanting to finally do a Disney trip after going on cruises for so many years, and these Disney rumors are not helping me convince him to go! Lol

Based on any history that any of you may have, any chance on me getting a standard room at CBR with free dining right when FD comes out for general public? Or am I just dreaming here? Lol
Not sure but, I did it this past year and the year before at Christmas without DV, so it is totally possible! :)

So...it looks like not only may my dates for FD be severely restricted in December, but I also may have to add park hopper tickets, that I had no intention of getting. In addition to paying an up charge to the DDP if we stay at Pop, since it's likely I won't be able to get a standard room at a moderate, and paying rack rate for the room. DH is just laughing at me: how is this dining "free" if you have to pay all this money to get it, he says. All I could do is laugh. I am so wanting to finally do a Disney trip after going on cruises for so many years, and these Disney rumors are not helping me convince him to go! Lol

Just show him the numbers. Even with the additional costs the dining plan should show significant savings vs. paying out of pocket. Wouldn't you save more money overall, even with the DDP upgrade by staying at POP vs a moderate resort? If I price it out, a mod is over $1000 more than our stay at POP.

Instead I'm anxiously waiting it's release, and my visa :)
Funny thing here...I am also waiting for you to get your DV! lol I watched you as you did not know weather it was too late to get it, then you finally decided to go for it and now waiting to see if it comes in time. I am anxious for you! hehe

This is the direct translation:

It is required to take at least two days for tickets with hotel nights. This year the tickets may not be base: they should at least add an additional (Water Park Fun & More and / or Hopper). Stays must be a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 nights.
:faint::eek: Wow That is a big change. We do hoppers anyways but I feel sorry for those who don't normally do either if this is true!

His post looks like you would have to have Park Hopper or Water Park option in addition to your base tickets. Keep in mind this is still rumor, not announced by anyone officially related to Disney, and from another country which may have different restrictions than GP offers here. No sweating allowed until it's official.
Something is just really off with this part. No way that this will appeal to large numbers of North Americans who with small children, can or will pay $$ for Park Hopper or Water Park option . . . much less physically move small children miles through parks to get any value out of these pricey options. Being forced to pay for these high end extras will break the free dining deal for thousands of people. Just doesn't make sense. Lets see what happens next week.

Just show him the numbers. Even with the additional costs the dining plan should show significant savings vs. paying out of pocket. Wouldn't you save more money overall, even with the DDP upgrade by staying at POP vs a moderate resort? If I price it out, a mod is over $1000 more than our stay at POP.

Yeah, I've got to run some more numbers for a few different scenarios. I'm pretty sure we'll still come out ahead, it's just interesting how the more rumors I hear, the more money it may end up costing me! I shouldn't have played up the "free dining" thing to DH so much, I had to convince him to do Disney somehow. But since I do all of the vacation planning, he really doesn't need to know how much we could have saved without all of these restrictions, lol.

Wow, I hope they change it so we can modify (and add free dinning) to our current reservation online. I had the "modify reservation" link at one point, then it went away. Just looked and it's back now. :)

Funny thing here...I am also waiting for you to get your DV! lol I watched you as you did not know weather it was too late to get it, then you finally decided to go for it and now waiting to see if it comes in time. I am anxious for you! hehe

Well it didn't come today so tomorrow is the last day it can come before Monday... *fingers crossed* :crazy2:

Not sure but, I did it this past year and the year before at Christmas without DV, so it is totally possible! :)

Thank you! That makes me feel better. Even if I don't get it right off the bat, I'll just keep checking and checking lol.

FYI I went online to modify my reservation today. I was able to change resorts a few weeks ago and that option was still there but you cannot modify dates online, you have to call.

Hoping now that my dates fall within the rumored dates that I can just add free dining to my stay when it goes live.

I'm laughing too. If these rumors are all true than it will cost our group of 10 $3176 to get two nights of "free" dining. I'm hoping that is not the case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter