• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining extension

DreamLiveLoveDisney

Mouseketeer
What are the chances of the free dining promo being extended into October (or November, for that matter)? Does anyone know if this happens a lot?

What are the chances of the free dining promo being extended into October (or November, for that matter)? Does anyone know if this happens a lot?

Every year for the last 4 years. And it's not really an "extenstion." There is a separate offer that is released for October - December dates and that won't be until mid-summer, probably July, when those dates are released for the general public.

Every year for the last 4 years. And it's not really an "extenstion." There is a separate offer that is released for October - December dates and that won't be until mid-summer, probably July, when those dates are released for the general public.

If I was to book my ADR's for my October trip and then Free dining was offered for that time, would I be able to keep my ADR's or would I have to rebook them b/c of the dining plan?

If I was to book my ADR's for my October trip and then Free dining was offered for that time, would I be able to keep my ADR's or would I have to rebook them b/c of the dining plan?
You can keep your ADRS. Your ADRS are not tied to your reservation and have nothing to do with codes or discounts that you add to a reservation. When a discount/code comes out you simply call and have Disney add the code to your existing reservation and they will credit you the discount. Your resort reservation doesn't change.

You can keep your ADRS. Your ADRS are not tied to your reservation and have nothing to do with codes or discounts that you add to a reservation. When a discount/code comes out you simply call and have Disney add the code to your existing reservation and they will credit you the discount. Your resort reservation doesn't change.

Wonderful, thanks for your reply, :yay:

I know in the past, if you were staying at a Value resort with Quick Service Dining, and you wanted the Plus Dining, you could pay to upgrade. I have heard rumors that they no longer allow this, does anyone know if this is the case?
Thanks!

I know in the past, if you were staying at a Value resort with Quick Service Dining, and you wanted the Plus Dining, you could pay to upgrade. I have heard rumors that they no longer allow this, does anyone know if this is the case?
Thanks!
No, that's not true. Half the people on the Free Dining threads have upgraded from quick service to the regular dining plan or the deluxe dining plan.

Oh wonderful!! I was so bummed that the current offer doesn't work with my schedule. I'll keep holding out hope. Thank you!!

Last year they did and it worked out perfect for us. DD12 used to be off in Sept. and now she is off in Oct. I didn't think we would be able to go and get free DDP but then they released Oct. dates inc. (if I remember correctly) Oct. 8th. We arrived on the 7th and therefore we got 11 nights of free DDP. :goodvibes

If you've booked your package through AAA, they automatically adjust your reservation to include the free dining. If you booked through Disney, you'll have to call them to make the change.

If you've booked your package through AAA, they automatically adjust your reservation to include the free dining. If you booked through Disney, you'll have to call them to make the change.
That is not always the case. If someone is booked through AAA or any TA service, they need to make contact with that agency and make sure they are aware of the free dining promo and dates and that they will call and have the code added to your reservation. I've read enought free dining threads on there and other Disney planning sites and blogs to know that not all TA's, AAA or otherwise, even know what free dining is or how it works.

That is not always the case. If someone is booked through AAA or any TA service, they need to make contact with that agency and make sure they are aware of the free dining promo and dates and that they will call and have the code added to your reservation. I've read enought free dining threads on there and other Disney planning sites and blogs to know that not all TA's, AAA or otherwise, even know what free dining is or how it works.

Well, speaking of my local AAA office, they've done this for me the last 3 times I gone to WDW. I can't speak for any other TA or any other AAA location but this office scans the Disney site regularly looking for specials, then matches those specials to their clients. I always pay for my trips in full when I book just to get all the reward points that I can before we go and this means for months they're checking my account. I even received a credit once because the room rate went down without me even knowing about it. I just wait for the credits to appear on my bill. I guess I'm just lucking to have a very good AAA office.

Does anyone happen to remember what weeks of October and November were blacked out for free dining last year? Were the middle 2 weeks of October blacked out? What about Jersey Week in November?

Thanks, I checked Mousesavers, but they don't tell you the blacked out dates! :)

The AAA in Charleston did not automatically switch us over to Free Dining (2010), so it may vary office to office. When we became aware that it was being offered (thank you Disboards) we called AAA and asked them to make that change (I believe it had to be done by them). We had some other issues so I think it was the Charleston office that was the problem. I believe we used AAA in 2008 (second wk in dec). We were not aware of the possibility of Free Dining - and AAA did not make us aware that it was possible. Thank goodness for the Disboards!

My AAA office didn't automatically add it on for me last year either. I actually felt like they were aggravated by having to do it. Im not sure if it was the refund I was owed or what. Of course my local doesnt help with ADR's either. I have a Travel Industry Management degree and worked at WDW 2 years and know way more about Disney than they do. I soley booked there last year because it was cheaper. I checked last week for upcoming November trip and they quoted me 100 more than the WDW website. :headache:

Does anyone happen to remember what weeks of October and November were blacked out for free dining last year? Were the middle 2 weeks of October blacked out? What about Jersey Week in November?

Thanks, I checked Mousesavers, but they don't tell you the blacked out dates! :)

I know the week of Oct. 17th was blacked out last year.

Per Mousesavers, historic Free Dining Dates and Promo Release Dates:

Free Dining Promos/Discounts Released Spring of the Year Offered
August 21 – October 4, 2005
August 13 – September 30, 2006
August 26 – September 22, 2007
August 30 – September 27, 2008
August 16 – October 3, 2009

July 27, 2009(First Time for quick service at values, free Disney Dining at moderate and deluxe resorts)
Free Dining released for travel from October 4 – December 17, 2009

May 3, 2010
Free Dining released for travel from August 15 – October 2, 2010.

July 6, 2010
Disney extended the Free Dining offer for travel through early fall 2011. Many dates were blacked out:

August 15 – October 7, 2010
October 22 – Octocber 28, 2010
November 12 – November 18, 2010
November 27 – December 2, 2010
December 10 – December 21, 2010

January 1 - 5, 2011
January 9 - 13, 2011
January 21 - February 3, 2011
February 11 - 17, 2011
February 25 - March 3, 2011
May 27 - June 2, 2011
August 19 - September 29, 2011

March 2011
Free Dining Discount released for August 28 - September 24, 2011

August 3, 2011
Free Dining Discounts released for dates through early Spring 2012
October 1 – October 6, 2011
October 22 – November 3, 2011
November 12 – November 17, 2011
November 26 – December 1, 2011
December 10 – December 15, 2011
January 8 – January 12, 2012
January 21 – February 2, 2012
February 11 – February 16, 2012
March 3 – March 8, 2012
March 24 – March 29, 2012

March 5, 2012
August 25 - September 29, 2012

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter