free dining/ disney visa question

beachgrl001

DIS Veteran
If free dininig is announced, Assuming it will be available to Disney visa cardholders 3 days before as it is every year, Do I have to charge the room deposit on my dv? Or just proove that I have it? I need 2 rooms and I dont want to put $400. on the card...

For DVR offers, deposit must be charged to the DVR card. The balance can be paid by other forms.

right now visa is having a great deal at the value resorts - kids 3-9 are free, free 5 day tix and free QSDP, adults are $627 (includes 5 day tix and QSDP too). You may want to ask about that for the days you want to go. They said that upgrades may be available (hoppers, etc.)

right now visa is having a great deal at the value resorts - kids 3-9 are free, free 5 day tix and free QSDP, adults are $627 (includes 5 day tix and QSDP too). You may want to ask about that for the days you want to go. They said that upgrades may be available (hoppers, etc.)

That is a great deal but unfotunately my kids are in their 20's.:lmao:

I'd rather miss out on this deal then go back to the days when they were that young. It was fun and interesting but once was enough.:dance3:

Bill

So, if FD does come out for Disney Visa cardholders first, how many rooms can I book with my Disney Visa. We're going with another family and will each have our own room. Can I reserve them both with my Disney Visa? Or do they have to have one too?

FD for Visa is out NOW!! I think it's for visits from Apr or May thru August 14th.
As far as booking multiple rooms, maybe when you call to reserve you can ask if the fact your putting it on your card that entitles all the occupants in both rooms the same pricing? And then of course your friends/family pay you back...:goodvibes

jcarwash: see post #3
it's free QSDP, hotel and 5 day tix for kids and for adults it's $627 for same, if you use Disney Visa.

FD for Visa is out NOW!! I think it's for visits from Apr or May thru August 14th.

I think that's a PIN code send only to Disney Visa holders. I don't know if ALL DV holders actually got it. I know I had to call to find out if I had it (DH did) but I certainly didn't get notified and it is not posted on the Disney Visa Rewards site.

I'm pretty sure that most people watching for Disney Visa free dining are wanting the one that is being anticipated beginning 08/15 which should be followed by the general public version 3 days later, at least if history is representative of what will happen this year.

I actually didn't get it via email, I subscribe to WDW-secrets and it was listed on there as open to all DV holders.

I think that's a PIN code send only to Disney Visa holders. I don't know if ALL DV holders actually got it. I know I had to call to find out if I had it (DH did) but I certainly didn't get notified and it is not posted on the Disney Visa Rewards site.

I'm pretty sure that most people watching for Disney Visa free dining are wanting the one that is being anticipated beginning 08/15 which should be followed by the general public version 3 days later, at least if history is representative of what will happen this year.

This is what is on the Disney Rewards page. Isn't this what you're talking about or is it something different?

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A Walt Disney World® Resort offer for some of our best friends.
Kids 3-9 stay, play and dine FREE at Walt Disney World® Resort when you purchase a 4-night/5-day Magic Your Way Package with Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan!

Disney Rewards® Visa® Credit and Debit Cardmembers, don’t miss out on this exclusive Walt Disney World® Resort deal. When you purchase a 4-night/5-day Magic Your Way Vacation package that includes room, Theme Park tickets and a Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan for stays most nights March 14, 2010 - August 14, 2010, a child 3 - 9 can stay, get 5-day Theme Park tickets and the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, FREE!

Bill

Bill, that's not the free dining PIN I was referring to. Many of us (maybe all of us) with Disney Visas have a PIN code for free QSDP through 08/14. What you posted from the DVR site is the kids stay free deal. For some of us, that doesn't offer any savings since our kids are all Disney Adults (well, my youngest will be right before our next trip).

So, if FD does come out for Disney Visa cardholders first, how many rooms can I book with my Disney Visa. We're going with another family and will each have our own room. Can I reserve them both with my Disney Visa? Or do they have to have one too?
In the past, you could reserve up to 3 rooms in your name with the Disney Visa Free Dining offer.

Bill, that's not the free dining PIN I was referring to. Many of us (maybe all of us) with Disney Visas have a PIN code for free QSDP through 08/14. What you posted from the DVR site is the kids stay free deal. For some of us, that doesn't offer any savings since our kids are all Disney Adults (well, my youngest will be right before our next trip).

what does the pin give you? I'm new to all this stuff and just got the card. I also have kids in their 20's.

I didnt even know you could get pins with the card.:confused3

Bill

In the previous years, I booked reservations for myself and for other members of my family under the free dining plan. Only the deposits had to be charged to my disney visa card. I haven't gotten the email that they are offering it yet. Looks like some others have already gotten it though. In the past, I think I got the notification in April. Such a great deal, I don't want to miss it!

what does the pin give you? I'm new to all this stuff and just got the card. I also have kids in their 20's.

I didnt even know you could get pins with the card.:confused3

Bill

The PIN is for free QSDP at I believe any level of resort. It's only good through 08/14. I didn't ask any more questions about it because I'm not interested in those dates.

Sometimes Disney will target Disney Visa holders for PINs. As I said before, I'm not sure if this one went to all DV holders or not. I didn't actually get notified of the PIN so I don't know what it looked like or if even referenced the fact that I have a DV. Call CRO and ask if you have a PIN associated with your name or the name of anybody in your party (I always ask about me and then they look up anybody that I've travelled with; it's generally my DH who has the PIN but I also tend to put him as the primary on our reservations when I book even though I'm the one who takes care of everything and I'm the primary on the DV). Maybe you do have this PIN or maybe you even have something else that could benefit you.

We have already booked a package and put down a deposit that does NOT include FD. We are waiting for the FD promotion to be announced so we can add it and we are also DV cardholders. How does adding FD to my current reservation work if I already put down a deposit? When we put the deposit, we did not use our DV. I hope I am clear in what i am asking.

We have already booked a package and put down a deposit that does NOT include FD. We are waiting for the FD promotion to be announced so we can add it and we are also DV cardholders. How does adding FD to my current reservation work if I already put down a deposit? When we put the deposit, we did not use our DV. I hope I am clear in what i am asking.
When you call to add the free dining code, you will have to put down another $200.00.

If we applied for the Disney Visa & got approved - could we use it right away for this promo or do we have to have the physical card in our hands? Also - that promo is for every DV card holder right? (the kids free thing)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter