Free dining Day 1 Noway, Japan, Boma

sneetch

Mouseketeer
Stayed in WDW Monday 08/21 through Saturday 08/26 with my mother (57), sister (38), and neice (11). Here is a brief description/review of where we ate each day, and how the free dining worked out for us:

Monday Day 1: After checking into POFQ at around 1:00 P.M. we headed off to Epcot. We used 2 snack credits and a quick service credit there. After reading such great reviews about the school bread in the Norway Bakery, I decided to give it a try. It was pretty good, but not as good as the many reviews on this board lead me to believe IMHO. It reminded me of something entenmans would make :confused3 My mother also used a snack credit at the Norway Bakery. She opted for a pretzle. She said it was just okay, and that it wasn't as good as Auntie Annes. My sister and neice didn't see anything that interested them in Norway, so we headed over to Japan. I recomended the Kaki Gori (one of my favorites), but my sister said she didn't want anything sweet. Both her, and my neice are big sushi fans, so they ended up using a quick service credit for sushi. From the get go, my sister did nothing but complain while we were in Japan :rolleyes: She complained that the sushi should be a snack credit and not a quick service, she complained that the restaraunt where we got the sushi was too crowded and too hard to get to (she didn't like climbing the stairs), and ofcourse she complained about the sushi itself. She said that the quality was about as good as what you would get at a supermarket. My neice who shared the sushi with my sister, disagreed. She thought it was great.

Dinner reservations for that night were at Boma at 8:10 P.M.. We checked in around 7:50. I was worried we'd have a long wait, because it looked really crowded, but it wasn't that bad I think it was maybe a 25 minute wait till they seated us. Boma is one of my favorite places to eat in WDW. The food was excellent as always. They had some really yummy soups (creamy potato & bacon; cream of chicken and artichoke) and a good variety of meats, fish, and side dishes. The desserts ofcourse, were great as always. Service was very good. Our server made sure that our drinks were always full, and did a good job at clearing the table when we were done with a plate. When the bill arrived, we let my neice use her resort I.D. for the TS credits, she got a big kick out of that. It made her feel grown-up getting to sign for the bill.

Sounds like a great first day, looking forward to the rest of your reviews. popcorn::

sisters are great, aren't they? ;)
I'm not a fan of the schoolbread either- too sweet/rich for me. I'm not a big pastry or cake eater though.

Cute idea about letting your neice "pay". I'm always afraid our son will lose his card so we don't let him have charging on it. He's 10 now, so maybe next trip.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter