• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining dates question....

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
So, do I remember correctly that if ANY of your trip dates fall in the FD dates, your whole trip is given the FD discount?

Example, if the rumor is true, and FD starts Sept. 2 and your last day is Sept. 2, then do you get FD for your whole trip which started, say Aug. 28?
Thanks!

So, do I remember correctly that if ANY of your trip dates fall in the FD dates, your whole trip is given the FD discount?

Example, if the rumor is true, and FD starts Sept. 2 and your last day is Sept. 2, then do you get FD for your whole trip which started, say Aug. 28?
Thanks!

In order to get FD you have to check in anytime from 9/2-9/25.

the pp is correct. Your start date has to start with the offer. Often (generally as I recall) if your dates go beyond the free dining period then you still get FD for the rest of your trip.

Thanks!

No, that is not correct. Your check IN date had to fall within the FD promo dates. If you check in by at least the last day of the promo, you can have the FD discount applied to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.

I'm with the first poster - we are due to Disney on the 29th aug so if we check in on that date we will NOT get free dinning even if we are staying until 9th sept ...

If we miss out - we wanted to go to universal , would we be best to look at staying there for a couple of night than check into Disney ?

Thanks for the advice.

I'm with the first poster - we are due to Disney on the 29th aug so if we check in on that date we will NOT get free dinning even if we are staying until 9th sept ...

If we miss out - we wanted to go to universal , would we be best to look at staying there for a couple of night than check into Disney ?

Thanks for the advice.

You can do two (continuing) reservations at Disney. One where you stay August 29 through September 1 and one where you stay September 2-September 9. You would get the free dining for the second portion of the trip - but there are minimum ticket purchase requirements for the free dining portion, so it may or may not be worth it, depending on the size of your party.

You can do two (continuing) reservations at Disney. One where you stay August 29 through September 1 and one where you stay September 2-September 9. You would get the free dining for the second portion of the trip - but there are minimum ticket purchase requirements for the free dining portion, so it may or may not be worth it, depending on the size of your party.

:thumbsup2 This!

Thanks for the advice.

That is correct, you will NOT get the FD discount applied to your stay if you check in on August 29. Your check in date would have to be September 2 to apply the free dining discount.

If you were planning on going to Universal anyway, the simplest and cheapest choice would probably be to stay at a cheap hotel near Universal those first three nights and then head over to Disney early on September 2 and check in and pick up your tickets and hit the parks. They will hold your luggage and put it in the room when it's ready.

The only other option would be to do a split stay at Disney at your current resort. Make the first reservation for 3 nights room only and pay out of pocket for food. You could pick up your package tickets up to 3 days early at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney or any of the parks - or just go over to Universal for a couple of days. Then have your FD package start on September 2 for the remainder of your stay at Disney.

So, I'm good under FD for my entire trip if I check-in on 9/21, but check-out on 9/28? :) thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter