• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining - Can you upgrade?

Miss Adelheid

Earning My Ears
I searched for this and probably missed it so I apologize if this is a repeat.
We will be at WDW in late October and have free dining. Can we upgrade to Deluxe Dining?
If we were to upgrade to the Deluxe dining plan would you have to pay the full cost or just the difference between the regular dining plan and the deluxe?
We have quite a few ADRs that we were planning to pay for OOP but as I crunch the numbers we may be better off upgrading (if we only have pay the difference)
Thanks in advance.

I searched for this and probably missed it so I apologize if this is a repeat.
We will be at WDW in late October and have free dining. Can we upgrade to Deluxe Dining?
If we were to upgrade to the Deluxe dining plan would you have to pay the full cost or just the difference between the regular dining plan and the deluxe?
We have quite a few ADRs that we were planning to pay for OOP but as I crunch the numbers we may be better off upgrading (if we only have pay the difference)
Thanks in advance.

You can upgrade-you will just have to pay the difference. I believe you have to do it before 48 hours from arrival though. I know that's the timing on adding DDP to a ressie.

It's 72 hours before arrival, not 48. 48 is for DVC reservations. 72 is for packages. If you have free dining, you have a package.

It's 72 hours before arrival, not 48. 48 is for DVC reservations. 72 is for packages. If you have free dining, you have a package.

Thanks for the clarification. I got the 48 hours from my DNephew who is at WDW right now and when he wanted to add DDP to his ressie they told him 48 hours. But then he's a CM. ;)

Thank you. One more question. :) We have received our itinerary booklet showing the regular dining plan. When I call to upgrade can I request an email showing the upgrade since we already have the booklet. Or should I ask for something when we arrive at the resort.

I don't know what you mean by an itinerary booklet.

If you mean a DDP brochure, they can give you a Deluxe one when you check in.

If you've already arrived at the resort and checked in I am not sure what kind of booklet you would need that would say you are on the deluxe plan. They should be able to see on your reservation when you check in that you're on the deluxe plan.

I don't know what you mean by an itinerary booklet.

If you've already arrived at the resort and checked in I am not sure what kind of booklet you would need that would say you are on the deluxe plan. They should be able to see on your reservation when you check in that you're on the deluxe plan.

We were sent the booklet with the coupons for the marina, etc. and in the back it listed our dining credits under the regular plan, but if our updated reservation will show the upgrade we should be good to go (and eat! :) )

Thanks!

Hi all,

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Could you tell me how much extra per night it is for an adult and child to upgarde from FD to the deluxe?

Thanks,

Andy

I just did this exact thing today. I was able to upgrade, paid only the difference between free and deluxe and they quickly sent me an email reflecting the changes. This is the link for the prices of all the dining plans http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm#prices. My hubby and I crunched the numbers last night and because we eat at a lot of table services and some dinner shows, it made sense to upgrade to deluxe dining. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter