Free Dining Announcement by April 12

Sorry if this was covered already....my reservations are made for Aug 20 to Aug 27. If the free DDP comes out, can I cancel and rebook to get it with these same dates? If it starts on the 26th, do I count because I will already be there or do you have to arrive on the 26th or later?

You would have to book 2 packages: Aug 20-25th and Aug 26-27th. Free dining would only apply to the second package. Your check-in date has to fall within the range of the offer. Unless you are flexible with your dates, you'd have to crunch the numbers to see if it's worthwhile to do. For only two days of free dining, I'm thinking it probably wouldn't make much difference for you since you'd have to get 1-day base tickets for both packages.

Who is Jim Hill?

I am praying that the free dining is offered or there is NO WAY we can take our 4 grandchildren and their Father with us. But if it is offered and the times are Aug. 26 - Sept 22 it looks like they would have to be taken out of school and I don't know if their Dad will let them do that. So looks like I have to double up on my prayers.

Chris

Who is Jim Hill?

I am praying that the free dining is offered or there is NO WAY we can take our 4 grandchildren and their Father with us. But if it is offered and the times are Aug. 26 - Sept 22 it looks like they would have to be taken out of school and I don't know if their Dad will let them do that. So looks like I have to double up on my prayers.

Chris
I found this site...was wondering the same thing. jimhillmedia.com

Hi
I know rack rate would have to be paid for free dining, so no discount codes and such. But my in-laws live in FL - if there is FD, does that mean they also cannot apply Florida resident discount to the package? They asked about that, and I told her they probably can't use the FL resident discount, but I'd ask my Dis to be sure!
thanks!
-mary

i am so sad. I hope the rumors are not true about the dates. I booked my trip for aug 12-18 with the hope of free dinning. I can't take my son out of school to go aug 26-sept. So sad:sad:

So i will keep praying for my dates too. good luck to all.

I was hoping that Disney Visa card members would get the first opportunity to book the free dining promo.

Is there any news on this, yet? TIA

i am so sad. I hope the rumors are not true about the dates. I booked my trip for aug 12-18 with the hope of free dinning. I can't take my son out of school to go aug 26-sept. So sad:sad:

So i will keep praying for my dates too. good luck to all.

I'm not mad, but I did book my trip back in July of last year in hopes of free dining during our travel dates (8/21 to 8/27) , we are going no matter what , but it would have been really nice to have free dining. I paid for the dining plan already, but I had to skip on the hopper passes to do so.:sad2: :headache:

O.k. I spoke with a friendly cast member this morning. Here's what she said. She has strong feelings that YES indeed free dining will be offered. She also said everything on the internet is speculation when it comes to dates, and lengths of stay. It has not formally been announced, but she said there is something in their computer stating on APril 12, 2007 there will be an announcement and yes she does believe it is free dining. I asked if my dates would count into the date line, and she said yes they would entitle me to free dining, if that's what is announced. Just so you know she did not give out specific dates, but my dates are Sept. 4 - 8, 2007.

O.k. I spoke with a friendly cast member this morning. Here's what she said. She has strong feelings that YES indeed free dining will be offered. She also said everything on the internet is speculation when it comes to dates, and lengths of stay. It has not formally been announced, but she said there is something in their computer stating on APril 12, 2007 there will be an announcement and yes she does believe it is free dining. I asked if my dates would count into the date line, and she said yes they would entitle me to free dining, if that's what is announced. Just so you know she did not give out specific dates, but my dates are Sept. 4 - 8, 2007.

I HOPE SO!!!! We are going down Sept. 7-17th and I really pray that Disney that we Disneyians need this package deal:wizard:
I would be on :cloud9: if Disney offers this package, that would mean db could spend alot more money doing things elsewhere at Disney. example Segway in Epcot/behind the sceens in AK etc. and maybe get my DB to finally ask me to marry him after 3years. So heres to praying to be a Disney:bride: someday (SOON I HOPE)!

your welcome. I just wanted to put the info out I heard today since it was recent and looks like it will really be happening. She did say ADR's will be more important than ever now if they offer free dining, ressies go fast when they release the info on April 12. That's what was told to me by the CM. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!!! Come on April 12!

Funny thing... I got both his trivia books and inside it says he's from Scotch Plains, NJ. I used to live in Garwood, NJ, the town over. (now I live in Staten Island) So I thought that was cool... Anyway, last year we flew Jet Blue out of Newark Airport on Sept 19th and we're standing in line ready to board the plane and who's standing in front of me?? Lou! He was wearing a disney trivia t-shirt. I said hi and we talked for a few minutes. He's really nice.

My husband is from Scotch Plains, NJ..he graduated in 1979..

I'm not mad, but I did book my trip back in July of last year in hopes of free dining during our travel dates (8/21 to 8/27) , we are going no matter what , but it would have been really nice to have free dining. I paid for the dining plan already, but I had to skip on the hopper passes to do so.:sad2: :headache:

Do you have AAA? You may be able to get a discount on the room portion of your package if you book through a AAA TA. I got about a $325 discount on my package for 8/20 to 8/30 at POR. I'm now hoping for lower crowds!;)

Was the discount only in Aug? How can you check the rates from them? We are not mambers but for a discount would join. We are going for 8 nights. 9/15-9/23 Thanks
Heidi

Just another comment to throw into the pot....

I called today and was told by the CM that they had received a memo that there was NOT going to be free dining in Sept. I know that the information level of each CM varies so I'm not getting too excited or too depressed, but thought I would mention it!

maybe I should be posting this elsewhere, but do I need to go ahead and book before the codes come out? I mean, if I get it the DAY they start offering it, will it already be booked? We went last year during and are hoping to go again this year, but I want to be sure we get in on it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter