*Free* Dining Announced...dates for Fall thru December!

Good Luck trying to get Free dining! Starting at 8:05 am, I called 207 times (dial, busy, hang up, dial again), finally got through at about 12:30 and waited 98 minutes on hold only to be told that there was no availability for the free dining at the resort I already had reservations for (POP). The cast member tried a few other resorts and nothing. Our reservations were for Nov15 - 23.
I'm very disappointed : (
I'm in the same boat as you. We have two rooms at Pop but no FD available for our package. If nothing opens up for FD at a value then we won't be able to go this year. :guilty:

I'm in the same boat as you. We have two rooms at Pop but no FD available for our package. If nothing opens up for FD at a value then we won't be able to go this year. :guilty:

I feel your pain. Luckily I caught the email right before we left out of town... This year was stressful with the free dining, because 1. I couldn't get ahold of anyone all day long, 2 I was forced to book online and had questions about the hopper tickets (which I'm not happy about)
I usually will not stay inside the park if I'm not getting discounted on something worth my while... I suggest maybe calling once a day and seeing if someone has dropped the free dining package if its available to add with your room.. I know the value resort at Pop had free lunch dining and you could pay extra to add the table dining. If you can't go because of the price I suggest planning out a cheap hotel close, eating once a day in the park and trying to get tickets from undercover tourist. Good luck hope you get the FD

I got the free dining!!!!!! After waiting so long the first day and finding out there was no availability for POP (we did not want to choose another resort), I called every day and finally on Thursday I was told they had opened another 10 rooms at POP for the FD promo! So glad I continued to call!. And we were able to upgrade from the QS plan to the regular plan for only a minimal charge. We actually have to do a room only reservation for Nov 13th and 14th and a new reservation for the 15th - 22nd (FD starts 11/22). so we will eat out of pocket the first 2 days but have the FD the rest of our 10 day trip. Plus we were able to upgrade our 8 day parkhopper ticket to a 10 day ticket to cover the first 2 days of our room only stay. All in all we each saved about $500. My niece and her children actually saved over $1100! Flights are now booked, magic bands have been chosen - just waiting for the 17th to make my dining reservations and for tickets to MVMCP to become available!

It won't make your crowds unbearable but, certainly, Disney uses the "free" dining promo to get more people into the parks at what is normally a slow time. So, your crowd levels will be higher to some degree.
We often go during the free dining promo and don't usually see a big difference in crowd size.

Call every day!!!!! I did for several days and finally got the free dining. Don't give up!!

We often go during the free dining promo and don't usually see a big difference in crowd size.
FD gets more people into the resorts who might otherwise stay offsite. I don't think that it necessarily drives more people into the parks. F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP and the fall/Christmas decorations tend to draw people to the parks themselves during FD periods. If there's a slight uptick in crowd levels, it's more likely due to those features attracting people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter