• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining and Concierge level?

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
If Free Dining comes about, can you still get it if you choose to stay concierge level?
I am wondering because I am trying to choose my resorts for my 2009 Sept stay. I want either Poly and BC or WL and BC or AKL and BC.... Just not sure which one yet, and I LOVE concierge level, so really want to add that again.
I'd like to take advantage of free dining for the money savings as I like the deluxe resorts.

Yes, you can if availability is there - one thing to consider though with Deluxe resorts and "free dining" is to be sure you are actually saving $$$, especially in club level. The last few free dining specials required that you paid rack rate (no discounts) for the resort portion of your package, and on Deluxes that can eat up any savings.

For example, last year some regular codes came out for the same dates, and some DISers in Deluxes found it was actually less expensive to use those and add the dining on than it was to book the free dining. ;)

All this depends on how many people in your party, etc., but usually the best free dining deal is for values/mods.

robinb has posted a great link to info that lets you check your trip details to see where the break even point is:

Hi everyone! With the Free Dining fervor coming to a head, I came up with a chart which room compares discount codes with the discount of free dining. Take a look at it to see how your current discount stacks up to free dining for your family :).

(1) Find the number of adults and children in your party on the left and your current discount on the right.
(2) The rack rate listed is the break even point between the % discount and the discount of free dining for your party.
(3) Rack rates below the "break even" rate indicate that Free Dining will be better for you
(4) Rack rates above the "break even" rate indicate that your current discount will be better for you

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW Dining/Free2008DDPBreakEven.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter