Free Dining 8/26-9/22-Anyone Else Hear This?

(Saying that did dates were true) Would I get free DDP if I stayed until from the 20th to the 26th? I know with the 40% off room codes, as long as you were there for one of the days, you still go the discount, I was wondering if free DDP would work the same (or did in the past).

(Saying that did dates were true) Would I get free DDP if I stayed until from the 20th to the 26th? I know with the 40% off room codes, as long as you were there for one of the days, you still go the discount, I was wondering if free DDP would work the same (or did in the past).

You didn't say which month.
If it starts on the 26th of August, you're vacation must START on that day. SO you would not be able to get the deal (like me).

If September, then yes all of your days are covered. Your trip must start by the last day of the package and then all other days count.

The 40% was the same thing. Your vacation must START between the days of the deal. So the first day of the trip must be August 26th or later.

Right. Your check-in day has to fall within the dates.

I've just been doing my sums and it works out $140 more for the free dining than the AAA rate - don't really think its worth it as there are only 4 of us. I wish I could have got that 40% off though :(.

Ziggy -

Can you explain how free dining would better more expensive then the AAA discount? Just curious.

Ziggy -

Can you explain how free dining would better more expensive then the AAA discount? Just curious.

I think I can. Ziggy has a ressie with AAA WITHOUT dining, so they have a small (20%?) discount off the room. With free dining they get free food, but lose the room discount. You have to pay full price for the room to get free dining.

I've just been doing my sums and it works out $140 more for the free dining than the AAA rate - don't really think its worth it as there are only 4 of us. I wish I could have got that 40% off though :(.

Do you plan to eat at all? Cuz if you do $140 for the whole week for 4 people is VERY cheap. Even if you only do counter service and eat breakfast in the room, you will save money.

Don't forget to add the cost of food into your overall budget. It's a biggie!

DH and I used the DP in January (paid for it) and I saved all the receipts. After PAYING for it, we still saved over $700 for just the two of us. So add the cost of the plan and that's over $1000 worth of food for free!

Ziggy -

If I book AAA rate I get 15% off rack rate, if I book the DDP I pay the rack rate and will lose the almost $100 off room plus I will have to pay for one day passes as I can only have it for the last 6 days of my vacation.

Do you plan to eat at all? Cuz if you do $140 for the whole week for 4 people is VERY cheap. Even if you only do counter service and eat breakfast in the room, you will save money.

Don't forget to add the cost of food into your overall budget. It's a biggie!

DH and I used the DP in January (paid for it) and I saved all the receipts. After PAYING for it, we still saved over $700 for just the two of us. So add the cost of the plan and that's over $1000 worth of food for free!

Its $140 per night. Usually we would not eat table service every night.

We have booked BCVs - a 2 room villa for DH and me and our two teenage daughters.

I called today to book my preliminary trip in hopes of free dining and got a very, very knowledgeable CM. I asked about free dining and he said he couldn't "officially" say anything, but he said "if I were you I would book something right away." He also told me to watch the message boards every day that something would be happening very shortly. I wanted to set up 9 days with one day base passes and no dining figuring I could just add it when free dining comes out, but the CM told me to add the dining and one day base pass so nothing would have to change and it could just be converted. He also said Visa card holders would probably be given first crack at it again. I know there has been a lot of talk back and forth as some CMs seem to be in the know and some don't, but I thought it would be nice to give out a little hope so we have something to hold on to :banana:

if this is true, then those of us who booked Sept. early will miss out? Is this different from last year, because I was under the impression that those who had already booked for the free dining period were able to call and request that their dining package be changed to free when it became available!

If your arrival date falls within the offer dates, you can re-book a package with free dining, but you might not be able to get the same type of room, view, or the same resort as you have now. You would have to choose from available rooms. It helps to be flexible

They only make so many rooms/ room types available per resort.

If the resort and type of room you have is available, it would be just like adding it to your package, easy, no fuss, though probably a new ressie #.

But if they are not available, then it would be like cancelling and getting a whole new thing.

That's why it doesn't necessarily benefit you to book early if you want the sale, but it won't hurt you either, as long as your preference is not one of the limited resorts or room types.

Does that make sense?

[I'll happily move my trip one week earlier to eat free. Here's hoping! :banana: ]

I’m happy with the news. I have to change a few things, but the dates work for us.

I was planning to go from August 21-September 4.(40% discount). Now I'm thinking we'll do US/IOA from Aug. 22-26 then WDW Aug. 26-Sept.4.

IF true (big emphasis on the IF), it sounds like over the last couple of years their promotions have managed to narrow the window of their early fall "slow time." Good for them, bad for those of us with kids in school and those who like to use free dining at F&W. We were (are, think positive!) planning to come down for two weeks, departing August 25, but only if there's free dining. If not, we'll likely do something else (cruise, all-inclusive resort) or maybe come in December or next year.

Actually, the thing that bums me out the most about this rumor are the release dates--I was hoping to know something in the next couple of weeks, not a month from now!

I think it really depends on where you live. The kids here don't go back to school until after Labor Day so late August works out great for us.

We are going to be arriving on the 23rd too!!!!! I think that we (the 3 of us) can get there on the 22nd but my son and DDIL both have to work the day before so now what????:confused3 :confused3
I also have the package plan and last year, when free dining was annouced, I called that morning in April and got it with no problem.
Just have to hope for an extension on the free dining dates!!!!popcorn::

Can you book one of the adult into the other room? That way when you check in, you'll get both set of room keys. You'll end up paying for a night you don't really need, but it will lock your son and DIL into free dining.

the only thing I can think of is, were you planning on getting 5 days tickets on your first package then 5 days again for the second package (free dining) Might not be as good a price as 10 day tickets, you know? You would need to price it out both ways I guess or play with the number of days to see what ends up being the best choice money wise.

You could buy the 10 day tickets with the first package and just a one day base with the free dining. You could just hold onto the one day ticket to use during another trip.
earlier onsite stay got the free dining for early August ?

I wonder which resorts will have free dining rooms when the package is released.:confused3 With UK and bounce back free dining, and the 40% discount, they may be not have availability at every resort for all the dates posted.

You didn't say which month.
If it starts on the 26th of August, you're vacation must START on that day. SO you would not be able to get the deal (like me).

If September, then yes all of your days are covered. Your trip must start by the last day of the package and then all other days count.

The 40% was the same thing. Your vacation must START between the days of the deal. So the first day of the trip must be August 26th or later.

Sorry, I meant August. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Ok, so now I have to go back and figure out new dates.. I'm thinking maybe the 20th -27th of Sept.. I wish they would just announce the dates so I can get my planning done. I hate not knowing..

Sorry, I meant August. Thanks for clarifying. :)

So if I read right you are thinking August 20-26. No you don't qualify. Your trip must start on Aug. 26th to be eligible. You'll have to move it to the next week, or be like alot of us mid-August folks who are not going to be able to get it because we are committed to our dates. :confused3

Just wondering where the announce is offically made? On the Disney web site or somewhere else?

I called today to book my preliminary trip in hopes of free dining and got a very, very knowledgeable CM. I asked about free dining and he said he couldn't "officially" say anything, but he said "if I were you I would book something right away." He also told me to watch the message boards every day that something would be happening very shortly. I wanted to set up 9 days with one day base passes and no dining figuring I could just add it when free dining comes out, but the CM told me to add the dining and one day base pass so nothing would have to change and it could just be converted. He also said Visa card holders would probably be given first crack at it again. I know there has been a lot of talk back and forth as some CMs seem to be in the know and some don't, but I thought it would be nice to give out a little hope so we have something to hold on to :banana:

Spoke to a CM this afternoon, I was told the exact same thing... I booked our family vacation... Figured we were going anyways, free dining or not.. "But still hoping for free dining!!":wizard:

Can you book one of the adult into the other room? That way when you check in, you'll get both set of room keys. You'll end up paying for a night you don't really need, but it will lock your son and DIL into free dining.

I don't think this will work because they require everyone to be there at check in when they are offering the free dining. They had a lot of trouble with this last year or the year before with people saying there were more people in the room than there were so they could get more vouchers for free dining. I know on our reservation slip last year it said that everyone must be there at check in. I would assume that it would be the same this year.

I am really excited about this news.(if its true). Yeah Disney here we come!!! I hope the dates came a little earlier in August but I think I can work something out. Maybe we can arrive a few days earlier and do some resort hoping go over to US/IOA like someone posted earlier, and if we could get a good rate for the Nick hotel that would be just great too.
We'll see, April 12th can't come soon enough.:banana: :banana: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter