Free dining 2014

I have a question. If I have a reservation booked for Pop (nov 9-17) without dining added, can I book another tomorrow morning online when FD goes public and then just cancel my original res? Or can I only have 1 res at a time? I really dont want to have to fight the phone lines in the morning if I can just book online. Lol

I have a question. If I have a reservation booked for Pop (nov 9-17) without dining added, can I book another tomorrow morning online when FD goes public and then just cancel my original res? Or can I only have 1 res at a time? I really dont want to have to fight the phone lines in the morning if I can just book online. Lol

You can only have one room booked at a time. To book a second room, you would have to call. If you are wanting to book online, you would first have to cancel the one that you have already.

I have a friend wondering the same thing..... They have a large group and are wondering if they send 1 person down on Oct 3rd and check everyone in on the 3rd for the 3 rooms that they need , to be able to take advantage if the FD.... It is for 7 adults and 4 kids, so any savings would help them.

We have always traveled with 6+ in our party with 2+ rooms and I have always been able to check in for all of us BUT you must all be showing as traveling together in your profile under your friends & family and you would want to make sure you have their credit card information that they want incidentals charged to.

Any ideas if the preferred poolview room at Pop (first week of September) should be likely to fill up for the FD offer? Praying we can get that when I call tomorrow!!!!!!

Are you already booked? If not, you can book online as soon as it goes live on the Disney website. Just click on the present right under the picture on the home page that says "explore our special offers" and look for the FD promo.
If you are already booked then you would have to call in tomorrow morning at 7am EST.

We are starting from scratch. Do you recommend me making a ressie ahead of time. We are thinking of the cabins at the Fort. I have not really seen much said about them on here as far as the offer. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

I'm afraid the Standard rooms at WL will sell out. Should I book now? But if it does sell out, does this mean I won't be able to add free dining after the fact?

I've never done this before, help! :confused3

Thank you :)

Booking now will just help it sell out of FD rooms available. Whatever books right now, will either show Disney they can offer a smaller allotment (meaning there will be less FD rooms available) or exclude it completely. Plus if you book now, you have no chance of booking on line at midnight EST since you will have to call tomorrow anyway to convert your reservation to FD on your existing reservation. Booking now does not guarantee you FD. The room you book now will pull out of non FD room allotment, if others book online once FD is available or call in tomorrow morning at 7am EST, their rooms are coming out of the FD allotment of rooms and you would still have to call and have them change from the allotment of rooms you booked in to the allotment of FD rooms. So no benefit at all. I sure hope this makes sense:scratchin
I would recommend that you DO NOT book until FD is available then go online starting at midnight EST and start checking the Disney website to see if it is posted as available. The reason that so many resorts were excluded this time is due to so many pre-booking "hoping for FD" so in Disney's eyes, those resorts were booking well without any promo, therefore there was no need to offer a promo at all.

Good luck everyone, here is some extra :tinker:pixie dust that everyone get's what they want!!! Everyone make sure you have your 2nd & 3rd choices available and be flexible with your room categories!:thumbsup2

SPOERLX3 said:
You can only have one room booked at a time. To book a second room, you would have to call. If you are wanting to book online, you would first have to cancel the one that you have already.

Thanks so much. I was thinking it would be easier to just book online and then cancel my existing reservation tomorrow. Oh well. I'll just call in tomorrow. :)

Is it likely that the website will crash when everyone goes online to book? Not sure which frustration I want to deal with first-site overload or being on hold!

d23cndrela said:
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you need to check in by the 3rd. Try calling Disney and see what they say.

I would intend to check in on third, but would have an unplanned delay...

So upset that they have excluded POFQ. That's our favorite place and my kids will be very disappointed if we don't stay there. It's even excluded from the room-only discount. Don't shoot me, but we're actually considering going to Universal instead.

How much does it cost to upgrade from QS to Sit down DP when you get free QS DP?

As far as I can tell - from quick service to the regular dining (one CS and one TS) is about $46 per adult, per night. To upgrade to deluxe, it's about $65 per person, per night. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Should I call and cancel the trip I have booked currently, so that I can up my chances with on-line booking before 7am???

Will I occur fees for cancelling...trip is in Nov..

Or do I have to wait until morning all call?

TIA, Bridget

Any ideas if the preferred poolview room at Pop (first week of September) should be likely to fill up for the FD offer? Praying we can get that when I call tomorrow!!!!!!

I realize it's a total guess, but anyone have any experience with my question above? I know before we found out POR wasn't included, I was told the standard rooms there would go pretty quickly. Wondering if the preferred poolview rooms at Pop go quickly or maybe not as quick???

I have been holding off booking our trip (wife and two kids 5 and 10) for this deal or a room discount. My heart is set on WL so I hope I get lucky with this hotel. If I understand correctly we can start booking at midnight? I kept hearing 7am but it sounds like that was for people who have reservations already? My trip dates are Nov 8 through 14th. If DL is not available what would be comparable?

So excited about FD!! Always wanted to visit for Christmas. Trying to keep my eyes open until midnight. May have to take my chances and call at 7am. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you and myself. Here's to FD......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter