Free dining 2014

Hi- new to this. We have 2 adults and 6 kids so we will be trying for 2 connecting rooms at a value. Once the promo is announced can I do this online or do I have to wait and call it in?

Or could I make 2 sep room res's and call in to request connecting? Would that work with FD?

Thanks!!!

Anyone have a feel for whether or not the promo will include dates into Oct. I believe historically Oct dates have not been released until Aug time frame but am no expert. Also, I know in order to take advantage of FD you must book a package. Curious though...if I book a package for 3 nights would I be able to add extra days to the park ticket? I'm considering doing a split stay, but obviously don't want a package for 3 nights and then buy additional tickets for the remainder of our stay.

Anyone have a feel for whether or not the promo will include dates into Oct. I believe historically Oct dates have not been released until Aug time frame but am no expert. Also, I know in order to take advantage of FD you must book a package. Curious though...if I book a package for 3 nights would I be able to add extra days to the park ticket? I'm considering doing a split stay, but obviously don't want a package for 3 nights and then buy additional tickets for the remainder of our stay.

most likely October will be part of the "Fall" promo which usually comes out mid/late July; last year it was released on August.

Hi- new to this. We have 2 adults and 6 kids so we will be trying for 2 connecting rooms at a value. Once the promo is announced can I do this online or do I have to wait and call it in?

Or could I make 2 sep room res's and call in to request connecting? Would that work with FD?

Thanks!!!

You have to call in to get any promotions applied or make any changes to your reservations.

You have to call in to get any promotions applied or make any changes to your reservations.

I was wanting to wait to make reservations until FD was official because everyone says to wait and that you can book online much sooner than waiting for the phone lines to open. I am trying to figure out if I can book 2 connecting rooms online so that I can have the best chance of getting the FD promo before it sells out or if I need to wait for phones. We don't have a Disney visa.

Thanks!! :)

I was wanting to wait to make reservations until FD was official because everyone says to wait and that you can book online much sooner than waiting for the phone lines to open. I am trying to figure out if I can book 2 connecting rooms online so that I can have the best chance of getting the FD promo before it sells out or if I need to wait for phones. We don't have a Disney visa.

Thanks!! :)

There is a place to request that online when you book the two rooms. They cannot promise it unless there will only be minors in the other room. I have never had an issue getting it. You can always try to request that later as well after the reservations are made.

Thanks so much. We are basically a Brady bunch family so there will be six kids under age 10 and my hubs and me. I am hoping that calls for a connecting room guarantee but we will try! It's that or we stay off prop. But we would like to go for it! Thank you!

The best way to ensure that you get connecting rooms is to put on your reservation that you, DH and 2 kids will be in one room and 4 kids will be in the other. Then Disney will make sure that the room with 4 kids is connecting to the other room.

However, with that said anytime I "connect" two rooms on my reservation they have always been connected at the resort.

The best way to ensure that you get connecting rooms is to put on your reservation that you, DH and 2 kids will be in one room and 4 kids will be in the other. Then Disney will make sure that the room with 4 kids is connecting to the other room. However, with that said anytime I "connect" two rooms on my reservation they have always been connected at the resort.

Don't Disney force you to list an adult in each room?

Don't Disney force you to list an adult in each room?

yes, they do. But they have a "priority system"

When my family went in June 2012, we took a friend and her 2 kids with us, that made 3 adults and 4 kids. We booked 2 rooms at CB. I called in to make my reservations because at that time, I didn't know you could request to have connecting rooms online. The CM that took my reservations told me that with 3 adults, they would put in our request for connecting rooms and they would be honored on first come first serve, based on availability, however, priority would be given to family's with just 2 adults and the rest only children so that the family's could stay together. They gave me a "Link" number which linked the 2 room reservations together, so when I called in to make my dinning reservations, I just gave them 1 of the confirmation numbers and it would pull up both rooms and include all 7 of us for the reservations. Even though we were not given priority because of having 3 adults, we still ended up with connecting rooms.

ahh. Well I totally appreciate the responses :) I will try to make them online with 1 adult, 3 kids and then call in and explain the sit. and see if they can make a note on my accnt or something just in case.

Thanks!

depends on the resort. Some resorts are always excluded:

You should have several choices ready when you call/book.Did you have a particular resort in mind? Some room classes sell out.

Thanks much! Only my second trip. We stayed at POR last time. We are a homeschool family and will travel in Sept but are flexible.

I just didn't know how fast this sells out and if I need to be ready to book as soon as announced.

As much as I want the fd offer and I know saying this may be flamed, is there any chance there won't be a free dining offer for September? I hope not. From what I understand, fd came out after 9/11 when tourism tanked. It continued with the lagging economy. The economy is supposedly better. Could it really be???

The first year free dining came out was 2003 along with Disney's magical express. I took my daughter for the first time in 2002, she was 2 and we paid for our food and had to pay for Mears. We have taken advantage of the free dining every year since with the exception of last year when they excluded Labor day weekend. Typically it went from the last week of August through the beginning of October. One year it even started as early as around Aug. 15. Last year was the shortest dates for the initial offering.
During the early years it included app, meal, drink and dessert, along with tip. Boy those were the days. :lovestruc

Free Dining should be available as soon as Thursday, May 1 for Disney Visa holders and Wednesday, May 7 for the general public. You can book through September 12.

The likely dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

black562 said:
Free Dining should be available as soon as Thursday, May 1 for Disney Visa holders and Wednesday, May 7 for the general public. You can book through September 12.

The likely dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

Thanks so very much Black. It just so happens Oct 26 is my first park day! Happy, Happy, Happy!

We are checking in October 2rd for 7 nights. Will they let me have dinning for the 3rd and then I'll have to pay for the rest of my nights or will it be valid for the length of my stay?

2nd childhood said:
We are checking in October 2rd for 7 nights. Will they let me have dinning for the 3rd and then I'll have to pay for the rest of my nights or will it be valid for the length of my stay?

You get length of stay as long as your check in day is in the window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter