Free dining 2014

I think it's safe to say free dining won't be available for my Aug. 24-29 at CSR as it didn't start until Sept. 2 in '13, I don't see why Disney would bring it back into August. I originally had my hopes up, but have basically ruled it out now.

I suppose it's possible to receive a free dining bounce back offer from my stay this May '14, but I've noticed the majority of bounce backs tend to be for Room Only discounts?? And as that stands the current Memory Maker + 15% actually saves me more (was planning on getting the MM regardless).

Hello Disney Kids, :wave2:

I wasn't sure where to put this question and didn't feel the need to start a whole new thread....so, here is our story....

We last visited Disney in Nov 12....We haven't thought much about visiting again.........until just recently..... :cool1:

Its Feb 10th.....Its cold as heck in NJ, More SNOW coming soon, We need to leave for Disney and were late, waaaaaay behind as we usually plan things out, well in advance....

I was hoping to get your feedback on visiting in May 14 & Any FREE Dining that may already be available or is rumored to be available??

Our last two stays have included Free dining and has made the trip much more financially pleasing for our family of 5...

So, there it is....what can you tell me about free dining in May or room discounts, anything to save a dollar....

Kynd Thanks,
Your friends in NJ.

Hello Disney Kids, :wave2: I wasn't sure where to put this question and didn't feel the need to start a whole new thread....so, here is our story.... We last visited Disney in Nov 12....We haven't thought much about visiting again.........until just recently..... :cool1: Its Feb 10th.....Its cold as heck in NJ, More SNOW coming soon, We need to leave for Disney and were late, waaaaaay behind as we usually plan things out, well in advance.... I was hoping to get your feedback on visiting in May 14 & Any FREE Dining that may already be available or is rumored to be available?? Our last two stays have included Free dining and has made the trip much more financially pleasing for our family of 5... So, there it is....what can you tell me about free dining in May or room discounts, anything to save a dollar.... Kynd Thanks, Your friends in NJ.

I am May 2014! Unfortunately free dining hasn't been offered and I haven't heard any rumors of it being offered in May either. :( I was able to use the room discount + free day of tickets promo that's being offered for my dates.

We are tentatively planning a visit from September 28th to October 4th. If free dining is for September, will that extend to our October days?

We are planing September 13-20ish, hoping to hear around May.
When we went in 2012 we booked around then
Fingers crossed group of 15 going for Wedding Anniversary/birthdays

How do you know if you have a bounce back offer?? How close to your last trip do you have to travel to get one of these offers??

I just called Disney because we have moved since our last trip 18 months ago and some of our email has not been getting through, so wanted to make sure there wasn't any pins waiting for me.
A Bounce back is only offered while you are staying at the resort (according to the happy gentleman).

There were no pin codes for our account but he said any FD will be announced sometime in April or May, and at this point he said there is a good possibility there will be something. He couldn't say when or what, but ......

Disney has annoucned that the Epcot Food & Wine Festival for 2014 has been moved up one week, starting on 9/19/2014. I wonder if this change will mean the death of free dining for September?

You can book a bounceback offer for a future stay only while you are still at a WDW resort. Once you leave the resort, you're not eliglble.

You must receive a PIN (or have one on your account, which is why people call to ask) to use one.

As for a general public offer in May, don't count on it. There has only been one that included any dates in May, and it was the end of May.

We are tentatively planning a visit from September 28th to October 4th. If free dining is for September, will that extend to our October days?

If September 28 counts as a check-in date for the promotion, then it will apply to your full stay. If the last possible check-in date is the 27th, it won't apply to any of your stay unless you book two reservations.

We got a pin code for free dining recently but I haven't heard of anything else. We are hoping for free dining for October instead of the bounce back offer we got when we were at the CBR.

I hear of people calling Disney directly to inquire about pins, and sometimes they discover there are pins attached to their/their spouse's name and get it successfully applied to the existing reservation.Just wondering if in those cases, Disney would have already tried to contact you about the pin via email, snail mail, phone etc? Or is it random?

I religiously check the mail, email, junk mail etc and nothing, so I was wondering if there was any point and calling to see if there was anything attached to me or my DFi from our previous visit and we can apply to our existing October reservation.

Usually when the pin codes go out, you'll know because people start to report that they received one. They will also tell you what the offer is and the dates. I really haven't heard of anyone recently receiving a pin.

Hello all,

We've just booked our Disney World vacation - Oct 26th - Nov 4th at POR! What do you think our odds are at getting the Free Dining plan for this resort during those dates? Our fingers are crossed...

The magic 8 balls says yes you will get free dining. All you can do is wait and see when Disney releases the offer and book then or adjust your plans.

Hello all,

We've just booked our Disney World vacation - Oct 26th - Nov 4th at POR! What do you think our odds are at getting the Free Dining plan for this resort during those dates? Our fingers are crossed...

:sad1:Unfortunately the magic 8 ball most definitely will come up 'no' for our May '14 visit:sad1:

I just spoke to a CM who told me it looks like PINs are going out within the next few weeks- most likely for the fall with a high likelihood for free dining- Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter