Free Dining 2014, limited dates between 31 Aug - 23 Dec on US-Disney web site

Where on the website do you see this information? I sure can't find it. Thank you! :)

Need to wait another week as it's promoted that they'll be releasing free dining on 7th May to the general public and to those Americans with a Disney Visa card then from 1st May. (Update: Now possibly 2nd May)

Need to wait another week as it's promoted that they'll be releasing free dining on 7th May to the general public and to those Americans with a Disney Visa card then from 1st May.

I'm American with a Disney visa. I just don't see this anywhere except here on DIS. Where are ppl finding his info?

I'm American with a Disney visa. I just don't see this anywhere except here on DIS. Where are ppl finding his info?

Info taken from a few sites such as Disney Tourist Blog.com.

Okay it's not official yet but is a strong rumour and the post was mainly to alert those Brit's thinking of booking soon on any of the UK web sites (which wouldn't promote this offer) so making them aware and maybe to hold off booking until more details are released on the US web site.

So fingers crossed it's not just a strong rumour, good luck tomorrow if you're looking for the free dining offer and please let us know how you get on, we're not so fortunate as we Brit's aren't allowed to open a US Disney Visa and as far as I know there's not a similar card over here.

Info taken from a few sites such as Disney Tourist Blog.com.

Okay it's not official yet but is a strong rumour and the post was mainly to alert those Brit's thinking of booking soon on any of the UK web sites (which wouldn't promote this offer) so making them aware and maybe to hold off booking until more details are released on the US web site.

So fingers crossed it's not just a strong rumour, good luck tomorrow if you're looking for the free dining offer and please let us know how you get on, we're not so fortunate as we Brit's aren't allowed to open a US Disney Visa and as far as I know there's not similar card over here.

You should be able to just click to see if the offer goes live tomorrow. I am a Disney Visa Card holder (brought it with me when I moved) and for my particular situation I find the UK offers unbeatable. I plan on paying with the Visa as I get 6 months interest free on Disney vacations. Get the free photos and into the lounge at the Food and Wine. I love the excitement that everyone has watching the offers come out.
https://disneyrewards.com/offers/

Disney's Visa holders started booking free dining this morning so check back from 7th May when it's opened to the general public.

We need to book 2rooms, can't seem to do it online, does anyone know the phone number for US reservations please?

We need to book 2rooms, can't seem to do it online, does anyone know the phone number for US reservations please?

Are you just looking for rooms or do you want a Disney package and free dining with the purchase of park tickets, if the latter then you'll need to wait until 7th May as it's only available to book now if you have an American Disney Visa credit card?

If it's room only then you should be able to do it on line at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_US/ Or click on My Disney Experience and scroll to the bottom of page on the left hand side and click on USA: English under International Versions

Disney has a summer offer valid for stays most nights June 15 to August 28, 2014. Book through June 6, 2014. Check that out at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/summer-room-and-tickets-discount/

But I would also check comparisons on Disney UK and then Expedia.co.uk as through Quidco you can currently get 10% off the Expedia hotel cost.

No, we need 2 rooms with hopefully free dining! Have done a dummy booking to confirm prices and it won't let me book for 4 adults 2 children. Also won't give me an option for 2 rooms so I thought we would do better to phone.

Disney Resort Hotel Reservations 001-407 939-1936

But might be worth a call first on 0800 16 90 730, the free phone for UK bookings and ask if they can quote you a US price, they probably say no but ask if they can transfer your call to the US bookings and good luck......

We've already booked for October. Is there any way to add the free dining?

If you booked on Disney UK then no but if you booked on Disney's US web site in dollars then you might be able to change your booking so to included the free dining offer and that's as long as you're checking in by 3rd Oct or from the 26th Oct.

Thank you Samaya.
Our flight actually lands on the afternoon of 25th. I'm now calculating if it would be worth changing our booking to 26th and staying the first night off property. Decisions, decisions!! :)
We booked our accommodation through Expedia.co.uk by the way.

Thank you Samaya.
Our flight actually lands on the afternoon of 25th. I'm now calculating if it would be worth changing our booking to 26th and staying the first night off property. Decisions, decisions!! :)
We booked our accommodation through Expedia.co.uk by the way.
Good that you've booked through Expedia as they have a free cancellation policy on Disney rooms up to 5-days before check in, so no rush. Expedia do sometimes have good rates for Disney so depends when you booked as earlier this year you could get up to 50% off some rooms and as for staying off site the first night, more often than not we usually do that and get up early on that second day and check in 7'ish so having a full day. This year as the rates were so good in Jan with Expedia we booked the All Star Sports for the first night in March and with the Quidco saving we paid less than £50. In October you can get a standard room at the one of the All Stars for £55 so with Quidco its still less than £50 and if a better option comes along you can just cancel.

Good luck with crunching the numbers :surfweb:and hope the free dining is available and works out cheaper.....

Wow! You're a real fount of knowledge Samaya - thank you so much - I really appreciate your help!!:hug:

Many thanks and you're going at a great time of the year and it's your first Halloween, you'll love it, should also see most of the Christmas decorations.

The US free dining doesn't always work out cheaper for UK guest, depends on how many are in the room, if it's only a couple then over some dates and resorts it can be cheaper getting the room through Expedia via Quidco, buying the UK Ultimate tickets and paying for food as and when.

And if the free dining is a non-starter then keep checking Expedia's prices as if the rooms get discounted then you can either try to get Expedia to refund the difference through their Best Price Guarantee or rebook and then cancel the first reservation.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/daily/price-guarantee/default.aspx

Thank you so much. You've been a great source of help to us. Never been at Halloween and we're very excited about MNSSHP!

UPDATED 7th May:
Now released online, slight changes to what was rumoured and check it out at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-stays-dining/

Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way package (includes room and theme park tickets) at select Disney Resort hotels. This special offer can be booked through September 12, 2014.
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited and theme park tickets must be used within 14 days of first use.

Such a dilemma! I've booked the French Quarter with Disney UK for my cousins and I and I'm so excited but now it looks like if we cancelled and changed it to the Caribbean we will save almost 300 dollars each. I unfortunately am one of those who want to be more organized but sadly I am not, and now I can't make sense of the notes I took regarding my UK booking! Meaning I can’t see the big discount other than the free QS dining but thinking back I’m pretty sure the room wasn’t discounted at that level at all.

Anyway we have the FQ for 3 adults, Nov. 10 - 22nd with free QS and the regular dining upgrade. Oh and non hopper 14 day tickets all which came to 3066 pounds.

The US site are now with free dining asking 2416 pounds for us all at the Caribbean but we would lose one park day as it's only a 10 day ticket.

Has anyone reading this stayed at the Caribbean before? I like the look of the French Quarter so much more but I’m going to have to run the offer past my cousins who I am pretty sure will rather save some money as we flights from Sweden as well to purchase and it all adds up doesn’t it! Although perhaps the loss of the extra park day we actually want makes up for the difference...I think it does! Although one of them is only staying for 8 nights, and that’s a whole other headache, figuring out what she should pay vs what we two who are staying on for the full 12 nights.

So any advice? The Caribbean doesn't look as nice, especially the room pictures that I've seen. Would you switch? If it's even still available when I make up my mind :blush:..

We are booked! Thanks for the advise and phone number, my M-I L got through around 2pm after trying for 2hours. Week over Christmas, Coronado Springs, new resort for us. Very excited!

Such a dilemma! I've booked the French Quarter with Disney UK for my cousins and I and I'm so excited but now it looks like if we cancelled and changed it to the Caribbean we will save almost 300 dollars each. I unfortunately am one of those who want to be more organized but sadly I am not, and now I can't make sense of the notes I took regarding my UK booking! Meaning I can’t see the big discount other than the free QS dining but thinking back I’m pretty sure the room wasn’t discounted at that level at all.

Anyway we have the FQ for 3 adults, Nov. 10 - 22nd with free QS and the regular dining upgrade. Oh and non hopper 14 day tickets all which came to 3066 pounds.

The US site are now with free dining asking 2416 pounds for us all at the Caribbean but we would lose one park day as it's only a 10 day ticket.

Has anyone reading this stayed at the Caribbean before? I like the look of the French Quarter so much more but I’m going to have to run the offer past my cousins who I am pretty sure will rather save some money as we flights from Sweden as well to purchase and it all adds up doesn’t it! Although perhaps the loss of the extra park day we actually want makes up for the difference...I think it does! Although one of them is only staying for 8 nights, and that’s a whole other headache, figuring out what she should pay vs what we two who are staying on for the full 12 nights.

So any advice? The Caribbean doesn't look as nice, especially the room pictures that I've seen. Would you switch? If it's even still available when I make up my mind :blush:..

That seems like a pretty decent savings. At Caribbean Beach you get the full DDP, so part of that savings would be from you having to upgrade at Port from the quick service.
I don't think the loss of a day will make to much difference, just might mean you need to pre plan a little more.
Don't forget to add loss for your deposit with Disney UK when you cancel. Still would be saving money though.
Good luck in what ever you decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter