Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you both have your profiles done the CM should be able to link you together. I'm just not sure about using the DV for bother reservations before they are linked together. :scratchin
If they can't do it, they may have to connect you with the IT department.
You may want to call tonight and see if you can get that resolved before tomorrow. :thumbsup2

thanks :goodvibes yeah calling Disney tonight was my last resort but I wanted to check here first!

This has been a great thread to read with my nightly glass of wine! I really appreciate all the tips and advice. We are going in September I had orginally thought of going to CSR (We love the food) but it's sold out or appears to be online. POFQ and then POR are #2 and 3. Now I am searching 4th! We could upgrade to deluxe not 500 a night deluxe but 350 so Yacht, Beach, Key West or Saratagoa. Any one have input on which of those is best? I never look at the Deluxe but this time my room is covered by my work! Stressing as I am a DV holder and need to commit!!

This has been a great thread to read with my nightly glass of wine! I really appreciate all the tips and advice. We are going in September I had orginally thought of going to CSR (We love the food) but it's sold out or appears to be online. POFQ and then POR are #2 and 3. Now I am searching 4th! We could upgrade to deluxe not 500 a night deluxe but 350 so Yacht, Beach, Key West or Saratagoa. Any one have input on which of those is best? I never look at the Deluxe but this time my room is covered by my work! Stressing as I am a DV holder and need to commit!!

I can't help you a deluxe resort recommendation since I am a value girl (moderate at best):rotfl:
But since I saw that POFQ is your #2 choice, I thought I would let you know that there has been an update on the excluded resorts (1st page):
"Some resorts are excluded, such as Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian."

I can't help you a deluxe resort recommendation since I am a value girl (moderate at best):rotfl:
But since I saw that POFQ is your #2 choice, I thought I would let you know that there has been an update on the excluded resorts (1st page):
"Some resorts are excluded, such as Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian."

Yes I am fearful all my choice are going to get the black list. We have only stayed at those so am nervous about switching around with limited knowledge.

Watching this FD event unfold has been very interesting. We have visited WDW the last 4 years in early December (3 years at All-Star Music and 1 at Art of Animation) and have been fortunate to get FD each year. I just booked the Beach Club Resort last week for this December. I like to have everything booked before the 180 day mark for ADRs. It doesn't look like my dates will be included anyway. And to move to the projected dates will not save any money even with free dining because the room rates are higher. Curious to see how it will play out tomorrow, but even more curious to know where the intel comes from. It seems TA's have no advance notice. As a Disney Visa holder, I have had no notice. Yet someone has specific hotels and arrival dates? How does one obtain this if even Authorized Disney Travel planners are not privy to it? This inquiring mind wants to know.:scratchin

Haven't experienced all of them, but I can say that Beach Club is amazing! Right in the backyard of Epcot, a walk or boat ride to DHS, beautiful grounds, best pool in Disney IMO...love it!
Yacht Club is nice too, but has a different feel to it, more adult friendly you might say, BC feels more relaxed and cheerful to me.
We also love POR, that's our very favorite moderate resort... Good luck planning!

Watching this FD event unfold has been very interesting. We have visited WDW the last 4 years in early December (3 years at All-Star Music and 1 at Art of Animation) and have been fortunate to get FD each year. I just booked the Beach Club Resort last week for this December. I like to have everything booked before the 180 day mark for ADRs. It doesn't look like my dates will be included anyway. And to move to the projected dates will not save any money even with free dining because the room rates are higher. Curious to see how it will play out tomorrow, but even more curious to know when the intel comes from. It seems TA's have no advance notice. As a Disney Visa holder, I have had no notice. Yet someone has specific hotels and arrival dates? How does one obtain this if even Authorized Disney Travel planners are not privy to it? This inquiring mind wants to know.:scratchin

This is what I was wondering also! What magical crystal ball is out there for this stuff, lol?

What kind of hold times can I expect tomorrow morning? I will be up at 6am CST to get ready for work and hopefully leaving home by 6:45. Should I get on the phone first thing? My kids will be home and the trip is a surprise so I can sit on hold but can't exactly be booking the trip in front of them. With a family of 5 I need POR and worry that one will sell out fast.

Thanks

Eva

I have stayed at Beach Club and just got back from Yacht club yesterday :-). I love them both!!! The pool is incredible and for us the location just can't be beat. We end up walking to Epcot (awesome during the Food and Wine) almost every night for dinner and love taking the boat to HS. It is also neat to be so close to the boardwalk. Tons going on over there.
Now for my family the RO dsct works best for us because we eat very few table service meals while there. We also split a lot of meals. My family is just not into the character meals anymore :-(. The RO has gotten us 35% percent off YC this last time and I think I got 30% off Beach last fall.
Slip over to the YC/BC thread and check out the first few pages. Tons of info. Great folks on that thread also.
Good luck on all of your fabulous choices though! :-)

What kind of hold times can I expect tomorrow morning? I will be up at 6am CST to get ready for work and hopefully leaving home by 6:45. Should I get on the phone first thing? My kids will be home and the trip is a surprise so I can sit on hold but can't exactly be booking the trip in front of them. With a family of 5 I need POR and worry that one will sell out fast. Thanks Eva

I would get up early and be ready for work by the time 6am hits. If FD comes to be then hold times could get crazy.

We are planning a trip 11/1 thru 11/8. I notice that the dates 11/7 thru the 11/8 was not included. since we will be checked in on, the 1st would we be able to receive FD for the rest of the week.? Thanks

We are planning a trip 11/1 thru 11/8. I notice that the dates 11/7 thru the 11/8 was not included. since we will be checked in on, the 1st would we be able to receive FD for the rest of the week.? Thanks

Yes. The only thing that matters for free dining is the check in day.

How many snacks a day do most ppl get?

That depends. We go during food and wine. ALL the food and wine foods in previous years can be had for snack credits, INCLUDING the expensive lobster ones. So we save all of our snack credits on deluxe dining (2 per day!) and go crazy at F&W. It's a huge savings for us as we're not drinkers and like to get those stamps!

This is what I was wondering also! What magical crystal ball is out there for this stuff, lol?

I know! I'm new to this group and for all I know there's a great leader who knows all and sees all (Disney related, that is). If that's the case, I want to hang out with that person..LOL!

Watching this FD event unfold has been very interesting. We have visited WDW the last 4 years in early December (3 years at All-Star Music and 1 at Art of Animation) and have been fortunate to get FD each year. I just booked the Beach Club Resort last week for this December. I like to have everything booked before the 180 day mark for ADRs. It doesn't look like my dates will be included anyway. And to move to the projected dates will not save any money even with free dining because the room rates are higher. Curious to see how it will play out tomorrow, but even more curious to know when the intel comes from. It seems TA's have no advance notice. As a Disney Visa holder, I have had no notice. Yet someone has specific hotels and arrival dates? How does one obtain this if even Authorized Disney Travel planners are not privy to it? This inquiring mind wants to know.:scratchin

Lol! Wouldn't we all love to know. But we never will ;) once the word is out where it comes from you can bet it would get sealed up just as quick. I'm just happy we have black, smitch and the rest of the gang that comes through with this accurate FD info year after year.

It's more like a puzzle than a crystal ball. Research...lots and lots of research. A little piece here, a little piece there. But everything is found on the internet...the trick is knowing what it means when you find it. :confused3

There have been those in the past that had inside info leaked to them. However, this has never been my method...just lots and lots of research. It's out there...as Pete once said on his podcast "it's the internet, that's what happens."

Find all the little pieces...put them together in one place.

For hopes that FD will be released, I didn't think it was going to happen at all this year. we always get fd every year the week after Thanksgiving but if that week is not offered, we are going the week before!! the qs plan is our favorite and staying @ pop, for the 3 of us for 7 nights, our package is usually $1600. believe me we are spoiled with fd, we went to Disney this past april and had to pay for our food and made us realize how good that fd deal is. let's keep this positive energy going and hope it comes out in the morning.:cool1:

Black, by any chance, might they open up FD for late summer and fall booking at the same time, but still have different restrictions? For example, September with more resorts booking then, say, November? Am I just grasping at POFQ straws for September???

Black, by any chance, might they open up FD for late summer and fall booking at the same time, but still have different restrictions? For example, September with more resorts booking then, say, November? Am I just grasping at POFQ straws for September???

Anything is possible; however, I've seen no evidence either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter