Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the date of 9/18 is the culprit. Every room at BC except Club level is booked. Not sure if that is an error or if there is a 2 day convention that may be blocking those rooms. There is also the possibility that some people are booked for example 9/12 thru 9/19 and others booked 9/18 thru 9/25 therefore check in and check out dates overlapping just that one day. Can you adjust your dates by 1 day and go on 9/18??? Just a thought. Otherwise, I would definitely have a backup resort ready :worried: Good luck!! Here is some :tinker:pixie dust for you :goodvibes

Ugh!!! No, flights booked from NY. Fingers crossed still!

If you are already booked, there is no reason to book new.
You have to call in either way on the DV offer so just switch from MM to FD if what you already have booked is available for FD.
If not, you will need to decide to either keep MM and stay with what you have or make changes in your resort or room category to get FD.:thumbsup2
Hi, question on this one if my TA booked the MM package and I already made my ADR's, would I have to rebook my ADR's if my TA switches over to FD? Thanks!!

Thanks. Is the convention center on (or near) Disney property?

Its in Orlando I believe, so near Disney. Last year, end of October, there was a convention of Pediatricians (12,000) and the crowd level at the parks was pretty high in our opinion. Wait times were posted at 120+ minutes for most/if not all of the most popular rides :crazy2:

Should I be concerned that my TA doesn't know anything about a promotion coming out on Thursday? I'm tagging along with another group and would not have chosen this TA. I contacted her today about it and she asked that I send her any promo code as soon as I get it. Now I have to explain that there isn't a promo code, my Disney Visa is the code, which she has!

Was the pin last year for expanded dates?

Not sure what the actual dates were last year (with exclusions) when FD came out last year but these are the dates on the FD PIN I got:

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13,
11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

Anyone have the dates with all the excluded dates from last year so we can compare?

That gives me some hope. My dates are excluded for this year Nov 30 - Dec 5. Last year with your Pin I would be able to get FD. This same week was also excluded in the general FD offer.

Disney God's please send the rest of us dedicated followers some FD Pin's. :worship:

First, I want to thank everyone for the time they take to help others on this board. I'm trying very hard to keep up with this thread, so that I'm hopefully well-informed. However, I still have a few questions.

I currently have the MM package reserved at POP. If all works out with the FD offer, I want to change to POR. I am not a DV holder, so I need to wait until the GP offer is released. I've only paid the $200 deposit on the current package, as I had hoped for a free dining offer, and didn't want to deal with refunding the full amount. (Side note: I'm going to pay for my package with the currently 50+ $50 Disney gift cards I picked up at Target obtaining the 5% Red Card discount.) For the best chance at getting a room at POR, it sounds like I should try to book the FD package online with a new deposit to have a head start on those that are calling and to avoid hold times and then later call and cancel my existing POP reservation. Is this correct? Will the online offer open up at midnight before or in the morning of the GP release date? If it's correct that this is the best way to handle, do I need to take extra steps with my current ADRs that are "pre-paid" with the DDP linked to my current reservation (CRT, HDDMR)?

Not sure what the actual dates were last year (with exclusions) when FD came out last year but these are the dates on the FD PIN I got:

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13,
11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

Anyone have the dates with all the excluded dates from last year so we can compare?

Public offer late summer dates for 2013...

Sept 2-25

Public offer fall dates for 2013

September 29 – October 2, 2013
October 18 – November 2, 2013
November 11 – 23, 2013
December 12 – 22, 2013

I haven't seen/heard anything for this year but I got a pin last year the same day FD became available to the GP.

So this year that would be May 7th. That is good news. May 7th just happens to be my birthday and that would be the best present ever. Something new to wish for. Thanks Spoerlx3. There is hope.

So first, I am super excited. Looks like our check in date is included so the whole trip will be! Whoo Hooo!

Secondly, everyone is in thread has been so amazing. It really helps keep the Disney magic going when we can't be there or waiting to go.

Lastly, does anyone happen to book their vacations through Delta? I thought about going through them just wasn't sure if they would release FD on the 7th as well.

Public offer late summer dates for 2013...

Sept 2-25

Public offer fall dates for 2013

September 29 – October 2, 2013
October 18 – November 2, 2013
November 11 – 23, 2013
December 12 – 22, 2013

smitch I knew you would come through with these :goodvibes
Thank you ma'am!!!

Not too much of a difference and now that all the dates may be offered all at once instead of split early summer/fall, there may not be any difference at all :confused:

I hope for my disboard friends that is not the case:flower3:

smitch I knew you would come through with these :goodvibes
Thank you ma'am!!!

Not too much of a difference and now that all the dates may be offered all at once instead of split early summer/fall, there may not be any difference at all :confused:

I hope for my disboard friends that is not the case:flower3:

Significant differences are August dates and the week after Thanksgiving.

Hello fellow FD stalkers ;) I am SO excited to hear that the fall dates are likely to be released on May 1 to DV holders :) Giddy!!!! We currently have a bounceback reservation with a check-in date of 11/14. We would like to change this to the FD promotion. I am wondering how difficult it will be to modify this reservation, given that there is a "separate" bounceback department within the reservation system? Is this likely to cause backups for us? Would it be easier to start from scratch with a new reservation on the 1st?

Thanks in advance, and a BIG thank you to Black for the awesome scoop!

Same situation (we have a BB), same check in date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter