Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse my ignorance, but I have read pages and pages of this thread, and done multiple searches and can't find the answer to my question, which is - Can I book the free dining online? And what time will it go live? Midnight? 7am?
I am from Australia and do not have a Disney Visa, so I'll have to wait for it to be available to the general public. I'd rather book online if I can, rather than spend hours on hold on an international phone call!
I have a 2 week period to play with dates, but only want to stay 1 week, so hopefully I can make it work.
Fingers crossed!!

I sure don't blame you! That would be an expensive call! :scared1:
Once FD goes live to the general public, you can book on line starting at midnight EST.
Soooooo IF Disney Visa holders get advance booking on Thursday, you can normally expect Monday to be the day it goes live to the general public meaning you can go online at Midnight Monday morning EST and book.

Joining the FD watch fun. Haven't been to WDW in 5 years so I almost feel like a total newbie! Hoping for a good November date!

I have a slightly different perspective after doing both. We stayed at a value one year/quick service and a moderate last year/dining plan. I am sooo glad we did the regular dining plan last year but next time we go I am going to go with quick service and pay for a couple of table service meals out of pocket. We enjoyed almost every table service restaurant we went to but I discovered I value the flexibility counter service offers over the food and atmosphere of ts restaurants. I can think of at least three instances when we had to stop in the middle of doing something fun in order to make it to our reservation. So that part was the opposite of relaxing for me. That was probably due to poor planning though.

Having said that... If you are already planning on doing some character meals I would go with the regular dining plan, especially if you think it will be a while before you go back.

Yeah flexibility is big with my husband. He does not like to plan anything and I'm not looking forward to telling him we have to make it to a dining reservation when we're in the middle of doing something else.

Jersey Week? Now I have heard of it. This year, the schools are closed 11/6-11/7 so I am assuming it will be busier that weekend as well. Think those dates would then be excluded from any possible FD? Anyone know if they historically leaves those dates off FD?:headache:

Jersey Week? Now I have heard of it. This year, the schools are closed 11/6-11/7 so I am assuming it will be busier that weekend as well. Think those dates would then be excluded from any possible FD? Anyone know if they historically leaves those dates off FD?:headache:

Here are 2012:

9/30/12–10/4/12
10/19/12–11/1/12
11/9/12–11/15/12
11/23/12–11/29/12
12/10/12–12/13/12

And 2011:

Oct 1-6, 2011
Oct 22-Nov 3, 2011
Nov 12-17, 2011
Nov 26-Dec 1, 2011
Dec 10-Dec 15, 2011

Jumping in with a question. I see they seem sporadic in the past with FD weeks. (This week FD the next week not included).

Does anyone know if I get there during a week of FD but stay into the following week where it is not offered how Disney handles that?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Jumping in with a question. I see they seem sporadic in the past with FD weeks. (This week FD the next week not included). Does anyone know if I get there during a week of FD but stay into the following week where it is not offered how Disney handles that? Thanks! :goodvibes

It is based on your check in day. Should continue.

Just to confirm. I've read this a couple of times but want to make sure.

The FD depends on the first date of the stay and does not matter if the latter part of the stay is covered by the FD dates.

For example if FD was to be offered Dec 5-13, and our vacation is booked Dec 12 through 18th, then we get FD for the entire stay (and NOT only for Dec 12 and 13).

Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

The FD depends on the first date of the stay and does not matter if the latter part of the stay is covered by the FD dates.

For example if FD was to be offered Dec 5-13, and our vacation is booked Dec 12 through 18th, then we get FD for the entire stay (and NOT only for Dec 12 and 13).

Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

correct, up to 14 day trip.

Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

You are absolutly righy, 2 times we checked inn the last day of the FD and we had it for our entire stay, enjoy !!!:goodvibes

1990 to 1992 Off site
1994 and 1995 Off site
1998 and 1999 Off site
2000 to 2003 All star Sports
2004 to 2011 Pop Century
2012 The World was great again (Pop Century) without the kids for the 1st time
2013 March Disneymoon with the kids
2013 September 2th adult trip, kind of another Disneymoon

They were excluded last year. We were originally booked that week and the airfare was ridiculous so I moved our trip to Nov 15 (before FD came out). Then I found out later that week was excluded from free dining.

Jumping on the FD bandwagon! Hoping to go end of september-beginning of october for 4 nights. Could anyone be so kind as to answer a couple of questions?

If I don't book the day FD becomes available do I have a chance at all of getting a standard room at POR or CBR?

Does the DP still include the refillable mug?

If we wanted to get alcoholic drinks with our TS meals, would those just come on separate checks? Is it frowned upon to get alcoholic drinks when you're using FD? (Since it's not included in the meal - and with that said, would it be the same scenario for appetizers?)

If we wanted to eat at Jiko at AKL, would it be worth 2 dining points, thus leaving us with 3 meals for a 4 night stay?

Thanks for any help! :thumbsup2

Anyone heard from Joe/Black lately? This is our first year joining in the FD MADNESS, and my nerves are shot. A little reassurance from the Dis Whisperer would be great right about now :)

Joe had indicated he would be on the road:moped: today for business but that his thoughts would be with everyone hoping for the free dining. He also has said that dates for this year were very sketchy as most of the information has dried up. He did state he believed that it would be May 1st if not today. :thumbsup2

Hang in there everyone, the FD fairies are mischievous little pixies this year and want to wreak havoc on everyones nerves before they officially annouce it.

correct, up to 14 day trip.

Thanks - that will make booking it a little easier than trying to fit into the exact from/to dates.

We're currently booked using the room only bb offer, but what we really want is the free dining because we want to plan at least 1 TS per day.

Jumping on the FD bandwagon! Hoping to go end of september-beginning of october for 4 nights. Could anyone be so kind as to answer a couple of questions?

If I don't book the day FD becomes available do I have a chance at all of getting a standard room at POR or CBR?

Does the DP still include the refillable mug?

If we wanted to get alcoholic drinks with our TS meals, would those just come on separate checks? Is it frowned upon to get alcoholic drinks when you're using FD? (Since it's not included in the meal - and with that said, would it be the same scenario for appetizers?)

If we wanted to eat at Jiko at AKL, would it be worth 2 dining points, thus leaving us with 3 meals for a 4 night stay?

Thanks for any help! :thumbsup2

I think there is a possibility you could still book a room at POR or CBR, especially because they are two of the largest resorts. Keep checking if they aren't immediately available. Sometimes they open up as the promotion continues.

Yes, the refillable mug - for use at your resort - is still included in the dining plans.

Any additional orders (e.g. appetizers, alcoholic drinks, etc.) are allowed, even encouraged, when using free dining, they will simply charge you for those things that aren't covered by the dining plan.

Eating at a signature restaurant that require 2 credits, would then, yes leave you with 3 table service meals for a 4 night stay.

Eating at a signature restaurant that require 2 credits, would then, yes leave you with 3 table service meals for a 4 night stay.

I don't get it but I'm not familiar with how credits works.

This will be our second trip to DW - we didn't do dining plan first trip so didn't have to worry about these details.

Is there an official page that discusses what credits you get with quick/dining/deluxe, and the number of credits at each restaurant?

I don't get it but I'm not familiar with how credits works.

This will be our second trip to DW - we didn't do dining plan first trip so didn't have to worry about these details.

Is there an official page that discusses what credits you get with quick/dining/deluxe, and the number of credits at each restaurant?

There are sticky threads at the top of this page with tons of info...

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=116

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter