Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just quoted the UK offer. That does not mean they won't change the FD offering this year, I just don't think it will look like the UK offer.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I did quote the UK offer because that's what I believe will be offered as this years Free Dining...

Just wanted to post to say I'm from the UK and our free dining offers have always been different from yours. Generally speaking we have had free QSDP with mods, free standard DDP with deluxes and a 35% (ish) discount with OKW/SSR. In recent years there's also been a giftcard. 2015 is the first with a free QS breakfast at values.
I say this to reassure people that our offers have traditionally been different to yours and for 2015 they've actually added to the offer rather than taken away. I'm certainly hoping the US site offers free DDP for mods as I'm hoping to take advantage!

Silly question:
Why are the cabins listed as deluxe on this thread, but Disney considers them a moderate? Is it the higher price?

Also, have the cabins ever been excluded for FD in the fall? Our family is going nov 8-16. I know the first two days are generally excluded and hopefully it'll start that Monday (10)! Are they always excluded with a Pin as well?

Thanks guys!!!

We are staying in the cabins, also. I know the campsites are never included, but our friends went 2 years ago and stayed in the Cabins. With the FD. I asked my TA if they were included and she said "generally yes". As for why they are listed under Deluxe, I'm not sure. Here's hoping we get one.

I have a reservation with ticket and DDP. I have prepaid most of the reservation with a small balance.

If free dining is offered, I know I have to call in to change the reservation to include free dining.

If I am on hold for a long time, can I make another reservation online with free dining and when the phone lines are not so busy call in and cancel the first reservation? Would I have to make another deposit?

What happens with my $$$ with the first reservation? When I call in, can they switch the balance of the $$$ to the new reservation or do they refund the first reservation then charge me again for the second reservation?

We are Canadian so everything we charge we have exchange rate and when get a refund there is a different exchange rate so we loose $ on the exchange rates.

I have a reservation with ticket and DDP. I have prepaid most of the reservation with a small balance. If free dining is offered, I know I have to call in to change the reservation to include free dining. If I am on hold for a long time, can I make another reservation online with free dining and when the phone lines are not so busy call in and cancel the first reservation? Would I have to make another deposit? What happens with my $$$ with the first reservation? When I call in, can they switch the balance of the $$$ to the new reservation or do they refund the first reservation then charge me again for the second reservation? We are Canadian so everything we charge we have exchange rate and when get a refund there is a different exchange rate so we loose $ on the exchange rates.

Yes you will have to pay another $200 deposit if you book another reservation online. If you do that and then cancel your first reservation they will refund what you have paid on the first reservation. If you call in & keep your current reservation they will just modify it to include FD. IMO I would recommend to keep the first reservation that way you don't have to worry about the exchange rate. I'm from Canada as well & I've never had an issue with adding FD. :)

dreamit said:
I'm curious about this, as well. I did add the dining plan to our reservation. If FD is not offered, I plan to remove the dining plan. If FD is offered for our trip dates, I likely will book a new reservation and cancel the existing, as my understanding is that it's better to get online right away on the first day of the FD offer (so, not waiting for Disney phone lines to open to simply try to apply the offer to existing reservation). Does anyone know what will happen to my existing dining reservations, specifically the ones that requiring pre-payment for which we reserved using the dining plan credits, rather than actually prepaying? I hope I'm being clear in phrasing this question, as it's starting to confuse me. :confused:

I'm sorry but I was under the impression that AOA suites are almost always excluded for FD. Not to be a downer...I would definitely have a plan b if this is the case...good luck

I have a reservation with ticket and DDP. I have prepaid most of the reservation with a small balance.

If free dining is offered, I know I have to call in to change the reservation to include free dining.

If I am on hold for a long time, can I make another reservation online with free dining and when the phone lines are not so busy call in and cancel the first reservation? Would I have to make another deposit?

What happens with my $$$ with the first reservation? When I call in, can they switch the balance of the $$$ to the new reservation or do they refund the first reservation then charge me again for the second reservation?

We are Canadian so everything we charge we have exchange rate and when get a refund there is a different exchange rate so we loose $ on the exchange rates.

They will not transfer it to the new reservation, they will refund it to your original payment method and then you will have to pay a new deposit on the new trip.

There is really no point in rebooking, just wait till you get thru. While FD is super popular in reality very few room types at certain resorts get gone in the first few hours. the rest that people thing 'got gone' were never offered in the first place.

I'm sorry but I was under the impression that AOA suites are almost always excluded for FD. Not to be a downer...I would definitely have a plan b if this is the case...good luck

It's the AoA standard rooms (Little Mermaid) that are consistently excluded from free dining. Suites are expected to be included in the upcoming September free dining.

But having a back up resort idea is definitely a good idea no matter what.

We are staying in the cabins, also. I know the campsites are never included, but our friends went 2 years ago and stayed in the Cabins. With the FD. I asked my TA if they were included and she said "generally yes". As for why they are listed under Deluxe, I'm not sure. Here's hoping we get one.

Cabins have never been excluded from FD in Sept.

You always need a back up plan but AoA Family Suites have not to date been excluded from Free Dining public offers yet. Just LM rooms have been excluded.

You always need a back up plan but AoA Family Suites have not to date been excluded from Free Dining public offers yet. Just LM rooms have been excluded.

I know the AoA suites weren't excluded in September last year, but they were excluded in the Oct-Dec promo. We went last October and had to settle for a room only discount. A lot of resorts were excluded with the Oct-Dec free dining. I hope that's not the case this year!

Wish the free dining announcement would happen already...i am stressing about my adr's.:headache:
I'm in the same boat. My ADR date is coming up and I'd rather do them all at once rather than book them separately. Especially since the week of my ADR date I'm working tons of OT and can't really call or be online much.

Disney Addict and not looking for rehab!!

So, I called this morning to see if we might have a PIN/Unique Offer code attached to our names. Nope. :(. The CM was very nice (I didn't catch her name though). I thanked her for checking and asked if there was a certain time of the month I should call to check for Pins. (Was really just trying to chat her up for any hints...) She hesitated and said "no certain time, but keep checking." Then, she seemed to want to say more, but reiterated to "you should check back soon for new offers." Maybe just maybe she expects good news for FD offer soon?! Hoping so!!

So, I called this morning to see if we might have a PIN/Unique Offer code attached to our names. Nope. :(. The CM was very nice (I didn't catch her name though). I thanked her for checking and asked if there was a certain time of the month I should call to check for Pins. (Was really just trying to chat her up for any hints...) She hesitated and said "no certain time, but keep checking." Then, she seemed to want to say more, but reiterated to "you should check back soon for new offers." Maybe just maybe she expects good news for FD offer soon?! Hoping so!!

I didn't even ask for one, and it appears I got one. I was originally booked for 8/22 to 8/31 with the Summer promo (free MM and room discount). I changed my dates for 10/31 to 11/9 and when the CM told me the price, I was confused (it should have been 500.00 more) and asked if I still had some kind of promo going on, and she said yes, 25% off room. So it's true, you just never know! :cool1:

I was looking at different resorts for end of Sept. Did you all know that All Stars Music only has preferred rooms available? I think they are holding rooms.

PIRATEGIRL007 said:

OK great. I was confused my sister had the LM suite last year that must be why. Good to know for future. As I SD still "earning my ears"

OK great. I was confused my sister had the LM suite last year that must be why. Good to know for future. As I SD still "earning my ears"

LM rooms are just standard room and not suites which is why they are typically excluded. They are only in one section and not very many of them so they book up fast.

You have found the best place in the word to "earn your ears". On here I learn something everyday:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter