Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

im sure this question has been answered a billion times....can i switch over a balance from an old reservation to a new reservation? for example..im booked at WL with a woods view..and just booked a completely new reservation online to a standard view...does anyone know if a cast member can switch over what i paid to my new reservation? TIA

im sure this question has been answered a billion times....can i switch over a balance from an old reservation to a new reservation? for example..im booked at WL with a woods view..and just booked a completely new reservation online to a standard view...does anyone know if a cast member can switch over what i paid to my new reservation? TIA

I read in an earlier post somewhere that yes they can switch it and it takes up to 24 hours to appear.

So you went from room only to package discount and didn't have to give them a credit card number again? Thx!

I DID have to put down another $200 deposit, however everything from our original reservation is apparently (it's not there yet) being transferred including the deposit from that so we'll be $200 up on the price

I read in an earlier post somewhere that yes they can switch it and it takes up to 24 hours to appear.

Okay, I just learned that yes, it's possible to transfer a balance from package to package, but it's a process. It has to go through guest services and then you have to call a few days later and make sure it was done.

In all the years I've done or followed FD, it has never been like this. So much demand and very few resorts. Resorts selling out, too. Phone lines jammed, even at this hour, but it is open through the end of the year. So that may be part of the problem, too. Not like past years, offers sprinkled in over the course of the next few months. It's pretty cut throat.

Okay, I just learned that yes, it's possible to transfer a balance from package to package, but it's a process. It has to go through guest services and then you have to call a few days later and make sure it was done.

I just had them refund my old one then ill just pay the new one. No biggie. I didnt know they could transfer it. Guess i k ow for next time

Chances are you are out of luck - for now.

We were booked at OKW months ago. I called this morning and they applied FD to our reservation; however, as I was on hold I looked online and it said no availability. I would always call if online shows nothing available.

In all the years I've done or followed FD, it has never been like this. So much demand and very few resorts. Resorts selling out, too. Phone lines jammed, even at this hour, but it is open through the end of the year. So that may be part of the problem, too. Not like past years, offers sprinkled in over the course of the next few months. It's pretty cut throat.

Yes it is this year. I didnt have time to think. Everything is gone for my dates lol oh well guess we have free dining so no worries. Just might have wanted to switch

Can anyone help me understand these numbers? My parents have a Woods view room at WL for 6 nights in September already booked because we were going regardless. It was booked in March. My TA couldn't get through today. When I talked to her, all that was available was an upgraded woods view bunk bed room. The difference in price is like $50 less for the new room. According to the Disney website, the upgraded room costs like $35 more per night (so $210 more). The dining should save them about $700. Could room costs have gone up since they booked in March? I thought they were set at the end of the previous year. I can't figure out why the savings is $50 and no close to $500. Anyone have any answers to this?

Also, I know you have to book a new room for FD in order to qualify. Is this also true for RO discounts or did I see somewhere that they can apply that discount to the existing reservation. Since nothing is available at the level the are at or even one level above, I wondering if they should just keep their original reservation.

The travel agent told me the same package she booked (without any discounts)for them in March is now about $400+ more than it was then. How is that possible? Thanks for any insight!

Can anyone help me understand these numbers? My parents have a Woods view room at WL for 6 nights in September already booked because we were going regardless. It was booked in March. My TA couldn't get through today. When I talked to her, all that was available was an upgraded woods view bunk bed room. The difference in price is like $50 less for the new room. According to the Disney website, the upgraded room costs like $35 more per night (so $210 more). The dining should save them about $700. Could room costs have gone up since they booked in March? I thought they were set at the end of the previous year. I can't figure out why the savings is $50 and no close to $500. Anyone have any answers to this? Also, I know you have to book a new room for FD in order to qualify. Is this also true for RO discounts or did I see somewhere that they can apply that discount to the existing reservation. Since nothing is available at the level the are at or even one level above, I wondering if they should just keep their original reservation. The travel agent told me the same package she booked (without any discounts)for them in March is now about $400+ more than it was then. How is that possible? Thanks for any insight!

I know ticket prices and rooms went up in feb or march so its possible but they would have free dining instead of paying it

So I can't get through to Disney. Keeps saying the circuits are busy. Did their phone lines crash?

So I can't get through to Disney. Keeps saying the circuits are busy. Did their phone lines crash?

I got through about an hour ago to change from CBR to WL. I made the CBR reservation this morning (on hold for an hour and 15 minutes). Tonight I tried calling about five times and got the "all circuits busy" message. Then it suddenly went through and I was on hold for about five minutes when a CM answered. Switched my resort and done. Keep trying-do you have a landline you can try? Not sure why, but that seemed to work for me.

UGH, I've been on the final page of an ADR for an hour now and it keeps telling me that the server is busy. I back out, try again, and same thing. Oy, this has been a very trying day and I'm exhausted (as most of us are, I'm sure) :sad:

Got past the "all circuits are busy" bottleneck about 8:50. Have been on hold for over 1.5 hours. All I want to do is check for a pin code, Disney...

And now I'm wondering if it's just become too late and everyone has gone home... LOL

Got past the "all circuits are busy" bottleneck about 8:50. Have been on hold for over 1.5 hours. All I want to do is check for a pin code, Disney...

And now I'm wondering if it's just become too late and everyone has gone home... LOL

I think they shut down the computer systems AND the phones. I can't get any ADR's to go thru. Just a "Server Is Busy" message with Donald Duck :badpc:

I cannot tell you how happy I was that I got up with the rush early this morning to book. I was trying to convince myself to wait until later after the craziness had died down because everyone said that in the past resorts haven't sold out even by the end of the offer. I'm so glad I didn't listen to that part of me because everything was selling out before the offer on the website was even working. If I hadn't gotten up with the rush I would have missed out. I can't afford the $4700 for a deluxe resort which is all that is showing as available now for my dates.

So strange--took me 10 minutes, fifteen minutes ago.

So has anyone actually received a free dining pin code yet?

Was just reading on a PIN code thread about someone who got one--she said it was for September for BOTH POR and POFQ. POFQ was our hope. I called and checked for PIN--none for me :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter