Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the FD offer is definitely coming out to the public on Wednesday, is there any downside to me booking at CBR right now and just applying the FD to my reservation come Wednesday? I want to go ahead and book a couple of my ADRs because I'm nervous the times won't be available later...

I did the same. If I didn't, my party of 9 would not have ADRs for Chef Mickey and CRT.

It did take me longer to book that if I didn't have a reservation. There was some glitch with their system and it would not pull up for the agents "the normal way." It probably added 15 minutes to my call. Hopefully you won't have the same problem.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Cause of Dis we found out right when released today and were able to switch everything by one week to be included in free dining.

Stupid question that's been answered but I don't want to dig for answer. I upgraded the TS DP I got free at pop to the regular plan what did I pay per person? Thanks to anyone that can help.

ok, maybe I am mistaken then, and it never showed on MDE...? I have received my newest email CF, and it does have it on there from my previous booking. However, I did add two extra nights on the end of my stay, so it shows us needing ME 2 days before we do now. Guess I'll have to call ....... again..... :eek::crazy2::music:

I better call. My emailed copy from my original booking does not show Magical Express. I didn't get an email yet from when the second agent adjusted my reservation but i am guessing it wont be on that one either.

Thank you joe for sharing your wisdom and rationale with others!

I am hoping for FD next Wednesday. Without your help, I would've never known when to call, what dates or resorts would likely be available, etc. Shame on those who cause drama and feel as if they're entitled to a discount!

Total time on phone, including survey, 16 minutes. FD with my POP reservation, my DV card came in the mail TODAY! THANK YOU black for all you've done! FD took my vacation with my daughter from tight but doable to stress free!!!!

Since the FD offer is definitely coming out to the public on Wednesday, is there any downside to me booking at CBR right now and just applying the FD to my reservation come Wednesday? I want to go ahead and book a couple of my ADRs because I'm nervous the times won't be available later...

You can book ADR's without a reservation. If you book now you will have to call and add FD. And by add free dining you can only add it to an existing reservation based on availability. If there is no availability you will have to change your ressie to what is available. If you wait until the offer comes out you can book online sometimes as early as midnight.

wdwmaw said:
I am so sorry:( The entitlement aspect of our society today is just out of control. I work in school system and seeing a generation of everyone must be treated "equal" is out of control. People really don't/can't deal with the little things. The days of the early bird catches the worm are over. Heck I was in the pot yesterday, did my research, watched the time, did my best to be on the phone so my call was picked up immediately, and so on. I was lucky and got a room. If I hadn't I would have just brushed myself off and tried again another day preparing even more for what it was I wanted. I did not get my choice resort POR and my trip is now $1500 more, it will not break our vacation and I will continually try and hope for POR to open up. I will not rant, demand, be rude to CM when it's not, send emails to Disney, ask to speak to managers till I get what I want, tell a CM I read it on the DIS or FB, but most importantly, I will except what is and know I tried:) Thank you for all you have done and your support.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This is so true.

Okay so I think I have a crazy question. I am out of this craziness...sort of I think. I used my bounce back offer for POR. Kinda glad I did now. I thought until I have seen a lot of posts saying they switched to CBR and have saved ALOT of money. For the record it's just my DH and myself. Should I stay at Riverside?

is your BB for FD? Is so and you like POR then I would keep the BB. I think people are probably saying they saved money when they switched to CBR because they got FD when they did.

I apologize for all the mean people and sincerely hope I have never been mean to ANYONE here on the boards. I always try my best to word things so no one can misread my tone. I always appreciate any heads up on anything up and coming, especially FD. Of course I always hope any predictions turn out to be 100% correct but understand that nothing is set in stone until Disney makes an official announcement. Honestly, I think it is pretty safe to assume that there is nothing that says Disney can't change their mind and decide not to go thru with a promotion hours before they had initially planned to advertise it. So if I hear something may be announced on a certain day and then it isn't or it turns out to be different than what i was thinking it might be, i just think "bummer". I see no reason for me or anyone else to get irate about it. P.S Thanks for all the info you have provided this year and in the past!

Thank you for this post.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I may be scarce for a while.

Too many complaints and drama today. It's not with this thread but a couple others.

Just to set the record straight. I have no inside sources, and I'm not a TA. I gather information I find online that anyone could find if they spent the time. I get it in little pieces and put it all together in one place.

Even doing this, there's still those that call Disney to complain because they never got official word and seeing it here wasn't good enough.

I don't know how much more helpful I can be.

You've been very helpful to everyone. I appreciated your help and information you sent our way.

Thanks for all the kind words.

I don't want to be thought of as some kind of TA leaking insider secrets. I would never do that. Everything I post are things I've found on the net, understanding what they might mean, and making sense of it all.

Other leakers of the past have had insider information and that is just plain wrong. Most of you know where I've been spending most of my time online lately. I am not hard to find at all.

Disney should know by now that the leaks don't come from me, they are all over the net. The past few days I've seen so much out there it's scary.

Thanks again and I'll see you in my normal hangouts.

I may be scarce for a while.

Too many complaints and drama today. It's not with this thread but a couple others.

Just to set the record straight. I have no inside sources, and I'm not a TA. I gather information I find online that anyone could find if they spent the time. I get it in little pieces and put it all together in one place.

Even doing this, there's still those that call Disney to complain because they never got official word and seeing it here wasn't good enough.

I don't know how much more helpful I can be.

Dear Joe,

You’re as helpful as you can be – and you didn’t even have to!! Honestly? Anyone that cannot appreciate your kindness and courtesy doesn’t deserve any attention.:sad2:

As others already said, I can only thank you (and it’s sure not enough) for everything you’ve done for us. I guess we can never pay you back for all the research, effort and time spent. So, thank you, thank you THANK YOU!
You’re awesome! :worship:

Please, don’t go away :worried:

Almost on hold an hour now. I think they forgot about me. Sniffle, lol! I know i should just hang up and call another day because even if they forgot to add magical express to my reservation, adding it anytime is not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter