Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you rent your points for $10 a point?

You can go to *********** or the DVC rent/Transfer board here at the DIS. You can find beter deals than $10/pt if your timing is right and are TRULY trying to find the best financial deal. I could have got a better deal, but was happy with the $10/pt. I won't pay places like David's $14/pt....I like doing my own research. Be careful, there are MANY owners who will book reservations and then try to sell the reservation at very high amounts/pt. Hope this helps!!

FWIW, I used to think "free" dining was a good financial deal until I found a cheaper way to get much more for my dollar. I always try to learn from my mistakes.

I called at 12:54 and was only on hold for 2 minutes! Spoke with a very nice CM (wish I could remember his name) and got everything I wanted. All-Star Music, 5 day park tickets, and upgraded to DDP. Linked our ressies on MDE and picked our Magic Band colors. Now, to wait for 60 days out to pick FP+. Can't wait!!!!

Still confused. I think the first agent I spoke to this morning just plain messed up my reservation period. I just went on the WDW website and entered everything to get a quote just to try and figure out how she reached her price and undiscounted it comes out to $4,035.30. This is for 2 adults staying: 8 nights Oct 3-11, standard king room at CSR $1841 8 day park hopper $1072.16 regular Disney dining plan $970.24 travel insurance $151.90 She had told me $3970.06. Difference between the website and her price that she booked and emailed to me is $65.24. I don't know what kind of discount she gave me but it definitely was not a room discount or free dining. As I mentioned in an earlier post she was supposed to have booked me free dining. It wasn't until I called back and spoke with a second agent that I discovered she booked the wrong Disney Visa promotion. But even still, a savings of $65.24 is not 25% off the room. $460.25 would have been the 25% savings for 8 nights on the room only.
Room discount is only through oct 3. For room discount u have to have your whole trip in the dates to get the whole thing discounted They discounted the 3rd for u. Thats it. Its not like free dining where u can check in on the last day and get it your whole vacation. So u would only get the dates discounted inside the promotion dates

I am honestly curious if I would save more money with an RO?? :confused:

If it is just me and DH, we want a moderate standard, staying 9 nights, and want the DxDP, will it be better for us to go with the RO, or are we the people who would benefit more from the FD?

I have always gone FD, but heck if the RO is a better deal, I want that.

I am honestly curious if I would save more money with an RO?? :confused:

If it is just me and DH, we want a moderate standard, staying 9 nights, and want the DxDP, will it be better for us to go with the RO, or are we the people who would benefit more from the FD?

I have always gone FD, but heck if the RO is a better deal, I want that.

Please forgive me, I'm new here. What is RO? I checked the frequent abbreviations first before asking.

I got thru at 8:31 AM CST, I haven't received an email yet nor has anything updated in MDE. Should I call back?? I gave my DV card number and he said everything is confirmed. Should I just chill until this afternoon????? :headache:

I haven't received an email confirmation yet either but was given a Reservation Number to add to "My Disney Experience" account on Disney.com and it has all of the package info, plus my Dining Ressies.

Room discount is only through oct 3. For room discount u have to have your whole trip in the dates to get the whole thing discounted They discounted the 3rd for u. Thats it. Its not like free dining where u can check in on the last day and get it your whole vacation. So u would only get the dates discounted inside the promotion dates

Nice! Mystery solved.

I guess I am confused about why people think the room only discount is better than FD. For 8 nights RO discount paying for the dining plan my quote was $3970. For 8 nights with FD the price is $3048. Am I even worse at math than I think I am? :confused3
For me, the dining plan simply doesn't work with mine and my sister's (who is 18, but will probably be ordering off the kids menu most of the time) eating habits. I'm saving more eating what we want (not what Disney says we should eat, like a dessert after EVERY meal), then booking with a RO discount. Plus I bought my tickets already through Undercover Tourist before the most recent price increase, so I already saved $90 on park tickets and it negates my need for a package.

Obviously this doesn't work for everyone, but it worked out way better for me this way.

Is magical express not showing up too? I dun even have the option to add airport transportation, it just vanished!

Anyone else's MDE not showing their remaining balance on the amount you owe? :confused3

I was able to get the FD yesterday and my MDE still wont update the remaining balance, so your not the only one, they say it can take up to 24 hours, but it might take longer with them having technical difficulties today. I honestly think there is something off with the website today too, I am unable to modify the guest who will be with me on my dining reservations. Hoping they fix it soon, I shouldnt let it bother me but little details like that kinda make me go OCD, LOL

Hi. First time poster here. I wasn't able to call this morning, first I couldn't get through, then I was busy for the day. Now, I call and get this CM named Keith. I swear, every single thing he quoted me was almost $1,000 higher than my base rate estimates (based on rack rate/disney website costs), and he kept pushing me to keep my MM package at POR. Did anyone else experience this? I'm so confused. Even last year, when I got POR on free dining, I did it online and I'm pretty sure I paid rack rate plus park tickets only.

Thanks.

For me, the dining plan simply doesn't work with mine and my sister's (who is 18, but will probably be ordering off the kids menu most of the time) eating habits. I'm saving more eating what we want (not what Disney says we should eat, like a dessert after EVERY meal), then booking with a RO discount. Plus I bought my tickets already through Undercover Tourist before the most recent price increase, so I already saved $90 on park tickets and it negates my need for a package.

Obviously this doesn't work for everyone, but it worked out way better for me this way.

This was the case for us as well. After learning about renting DVC points and purchasing separate park tickets and gift cards we decided not to use our Bounce Back with "free" dining this year. With our gift cards, our meals are all 21% off from our purchase deals we found.:thumbsup2

AHHHH!!! That makes sense!! :thumbsup2 And my friends think I am a Disney expert. If they only met everyone here on the DIS they would see I know hardly anything!!! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter