• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, it is brand new for us. I'm excited, though, because I love trying new resorts, so it should be great! We requested either casitas or cabanas.

And now, the final wait to book ADR's begins :-)

hahaha but that's only 17 more days!!!!! I am just waiting for the official Disney calendar to release for the whole trip so I can compare it to the TA ones floating around to be sure the ADRs I have won't change. I've had those settled for a couple of months already. Kind of a planner. :confused3

I would laugh if we end up at a meal together.

I know you are all quite busy, but I'm trying to do the math on dining upgrades and it's not sounding right to me. Both DH and my mother want the Deluxe Dining Plan, so wherever we stay, we're upgrading to that.

My math shows that for 3 adults and 1 child, the cost to upgrade from DDP to DxDP for 6 nights would be approx. $1,060. To upgrade for the same amount of people and the same number of nights, from QSDP to DxDP would be approx. $1395. Am I totally losing my mind on these prices?

896.82 to upgrade from regular to deluxe

1257.96 to upgrade from QS to deluxe

Quick Service to Regular

Adult: $19.02 per night
Child: $3.13 per night

Quick Service to Deluxe

Adult: $65.30 per night
Child: $13.76 per night

Regular to Deluxe

Adult: $46.28 per night
Child: $10.63 per night

Just got in, immediately, this time, after holding 2+ hours this am, , and trying intermittently this am, when I only got circuits busy.
Got CSR standard room. Whew!

Called Disney up a little after 12PM. Was on hold for 2 minutes. Was able to book exactly what I wanted. :cool1: POP Century Standard Room for September 4-8 with Free Dining and upgraded to the Regular Dining Plan. My CM was Lucas, who was very nice, very pleasant, and is getting married in 23 days! Congrats Lucas! He would tell me Disney themed jokes while the computer was looking up details.

It was a great experience, got exactly what I wanted and didn't really wait at all. (Took the survey at the end and gave Lucas great marks!). :thumbsup2

Hope everyone gets what they want! :cheer2:

I'm so confused. Do I need the pin to book the offer or can I call and try to book it without it? I called chase yesterday and got the number but I haven't been e-mailed a pin.

Does the pin matter?

Why doesn't mine say "free" on it? :sad1:

My code is different too, but my total is right. And that includes everything I wanted added. Maybe because I upgraded to DDP from QSDP? So it wasn't really free.

Hi I am just curious what the difference is between calling Disney yourself to book and using a TA like Dreams. My TA took care if this for me this morning and emailed me when it was all set. The pricing she gives me is exactly what you get on Disney.com. I price my trips out first on Disney.com then email her what I decide on and the pricing is always the same. We had actually already booked for the fall so I just told her if the offer came out it was ok to move our dates to match it and to move us to CSR and that is exactly what she did.

I don't use the TA to book my ADRs because I like to see what is available myself. Can't wait to do that part of the planning!

I hope you all got what you wanted today and have great trips!

Has anyone booked a Cars suite? I don't have a Visa so I have to wait awhile still... We already booked with a pin but fd saves us more money than the pin.

Trying to determine a back up plan in case we can't get Cars. POFQ was our back up. (If we can't get cars! I'm not interested in the other suites I'm only paying those crazy prices so my six year old can be in a cars room!). Now I'm looking at other choices.

I'm so confused. Do I need the pin to book the offer or can I call and try to book it without it? I called chase yesterday and got the number but I haven't been e-mailed a pin.

Does the pin matter?

You don't need a pin. Just call and ask for the DV free dining promotion.

Why doesn't mine say "free" on it? :sad1:

My code is different too, but my total is right. And that includes everything I wanted added. Maybe because I upgraded to DDP from QSDP? So it wasn't really free.

There are different codes for different things. That's why I HATE when people start passing codes around because it just gets people worried. If it doesn't say 'free' on it I'm assuming you upgraded your dining plan instead of taking the one that said free, which is also why your code is different.

Does the pin matter?

Just call and say you want to book the Disney Visa free dinning promotion.

Mine doesn't say free either. I also upgraded from quick service plan to reg dining plan. Maybe that's the difference. The total is correct.

SOOO excited! Just got CSR Nov 20-29, water view with the free dining! In about 12 minutes total spent on the phone! Woo Hoo!!:yay:

Wow! Pixie Dust Everywhere! Got through on lunch hour after waiting on hold 1 1/2 hrs this am and having to hang up to go to work. Upgraded from POR to WL. Now THIS surprised me - I was expecting to have to purchase park tickets as part of package but I didn't. That means I/you can save a little by ordering from UT or use AP if you have one. Happy happy happy!

Why doesn't mine say "free" on it? :sad1: My code is different too, but my total is right. And that includes everything I wanted added. Maybe because I upgraded to DDP from QSDP? So it wasn't really free.

Your code should be diff Mine says MYW+deluxe. I called them to verify i have free dining plus upgrade and it is correct!

Wow! Pixie Dust Everywhere! Got through on lunch hour after waiting on hold 1 1/2 hrs this am and having to hang up to go to work. Upgraded from POR to WL. Now THIS surprised me - I was expecting to have to purchase park tickets as part of package but I didn't. That means I/you can save a little by ordering from UT or use AP if you have one. Happy happy happy!

FD requires park tickets - the room discount allows for ticketless packages.

Can you upgrade from regular dining to deluxe at a later time? I haven't hashed out all my ressies yet.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter