Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hours 40 minutes here on the TA line. Music just stopped and I almost had a heart attack.

I have been watching this thread all day. I was all excited to book today but as we are the dreaded family of 5 I haven't done anything yet. Now I'm trying to decide between waiting for the GP offer to see if POR is included or just go ahead and book AoA suite. Boo!

3 hrs 20mins total 2 connecting rooms at CBR I text DH who responds "I want deluxe"

Hahaha - he's such a trip!

I just wanted to send a BIG Thank You to Black and all of the other helpful people on this thread... It's so good to have all of the plans set and be able to relax about that! Without this thread and all of the incredibly helpful early information, things could have gone very wrong for me and my family.
Black - thank you for doing what you do!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

And the very best of luck to those of you still on hold, waiting for general public release, and the RO discounts!

Finally got through! I called right at 7 am this morning but after being on hold for 1 1/2 hours I had to hang up to take ODD to school. Called back and finally got through after waiting an additional hour and 20 mins.

CM was super nice! We were going to stay at POR but had to switch for FD so we are now booked at CSR standard room 10/28-11/3!! :cool1:

Surprising the kids with this trip. Not telling them until we wake them up to leave for the airport!!

Good Luck everyone!

Finally! After having a call dropped at 54 minutes on hold and then getting the busy circuits for 2 hours I decided to try the bathroom trick. Took my phone with me and called in once, got busy circuits, redialed and Pixie Dust! Walked back to my desk and Owen picked up :thumbsup2 20 minutes later and I am booked at Pop October 3 for 8 nights with QSDP!
I have never heard of the bathroom trick, but that's awesome!

Finally got through! I called right at 7 am this morning but after being on hold for 1 1/2 hours I had to hang up to take ODD to school. Called back and finally got through after waiting an additional hour and 20 mins.

CM was super nice! We were going to stay at POR but had to switch for FD so we are now booked at CSR standard room 10/28-11/3!! :cool1:

Surprising the kids with this trip. Not telling them until we wake them up to leave for the airport!!

Good Luck everyone!

I'm not telling my daughter we're leaving for Disney until that morning. If we tell her beforehand...she won't be able to sleep from the excitement:rotfl: She's 7 years old:)

Finally got in and had to move to my 5th choice which I don't even know what was I was just scrambling to find a place. I am hoping to change once the dusts settles and I have more time to do my Disney math. Right now we are at Caribbean Beach at least it is a preferred room but I really wanted queen beds however we can't do the club level rooms :(

after 3 hours 38 minutes, we got AoA and it didnt save us as much as POR but maybe it will be added and we can switch back later if not, OH WELL. We saved some and thats ok with me :goodvibes

So,I have been at work and have not had a chance to call yet… Saw someone post earlier that CSR was already sold out for dates beginning Nov. 20th. Anyone know if this is still the case?! Don't want to spend hours waiting when what I want is already gone. I guess I may have to wait for the GP offer. :eek:

This is maybe my 4th time to call about FD. In years past I have reached a CM in 15 minutes while I read others on hold for an hour or more. Guess I made up for it today.

First, I was on hold 2 hours 45 minutes before reaching a CM. We speak for several minutes, but before she can tell me if my resort is available, I am cut off and get the busy signal (I was using a land line). ugh! Redial 10 times before I can get through again. On hold a shorter amount of time, but again, in the middle of speaking with the CM but before she can tell me if the resort is available, I am cut off. :furious: Call again, takes probably 16 calls on two phones before I get through. On hold a very short time and reach a CM. She works fast and turns out my resort is still available. Whew! Just hung up so I have been on the phone about 3 hours 40 minutes total.

CSR standard room- Sept. 24 to Oct 1

I was on an hour previous to this call and got disconnected. I've basically been on hold since 4am. >_<

I was on the phone w/an agent and she told me the FD offer only went up to Oct. 3. No FD offered beyond that. So I had to book Oct. 3-11 She did not say that there had been later dates that sold out already. So now I am confused. I am on hold hoping to be able to get my dates changed for check in Oct 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter