Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I look at the date ranges for this years offers of August 31 - October 3
ALL days within the that time range is available for FD. So if I arrive on a Friday, I can take advantage right away correct?

I thought (in looking at last year's offers) that you typically had to arrive on a Sunday to get it.

So I thought I would have to do a split stay since I am arriving Friday 09/19 thinking FD would start Sunday 09/21. Can it really be I can just do one stay from 09/19 and get the entire stay at FD?

I have called a couple of times to see if a CM would book FD but no luck but the CM I just talked to was very nice and I asked her if POR would be included (I was hoping to get here as many of you are). She told me "I can't technically give out that info but you should have a back up plan if that helps" Seems it will indeed be excluded. :sad2:

I was told it was NOT included and to have another resort ready to go tomorrow when I call.

As I look at the date ranges for this years offers of August 31 - October 3 ALL days within the that time range is available for FD. So if I arrive on a Friday, I can take advantage right away correct? I thought (in looking at last year's offers) that you typically had to arrive on a Sunday to get it. So I thought I would have to do a split stay since I am arriving Friday 09/19 thinking FD would start Sunday 09/21. Can it really be I can just do one stay from 09/19 and get the entire stay at FD?

You just need to check in on a date it's offered, not a specific day of the week.

As I look at the date ranges for this years offers of August 31 - October 3
ALL days within the that time range is available for FD. So if I arrive on a Friday, I can take advantage right away correct?

I thought (in looking at last year's offers) that you typically had to arrive on a Sunday to get it.

So I thought I would have to do a split stay since I am arriving Friday 09/19 thinking FD would start Sunday 09/21. Can it really be I can just do one stay from 09/19 and get the entire stay at FD?

Thats right, the day of the week doesnt have anything to do with it, just the date itself, and anything in September will work! :)

At this point, my question is whether or not you will be required to book a preferred room or if any standards will be available at the values.

I hope this isn't the case.... We are going Sept. 2nd - 10th, so far lots of availability at All-Star Sports, but I'm thinking if I have to pay +16$/day, I might as well switch to Pop. Unless they run out of Standards too ? :confused3

GP release needs to come quickly!

Wow. Thank you guys. That changes my plans completely and for the better!

I have to say, all of you folks are so darn nice and helpful. THANK YOU for the magic you send!

I just got off the phone with a cast member that happened to have lived at one time in my city and talked to me about 20 minutes. He read the Visa offer to me word for word and specifically stated PORR and POFQ are not in the offer tomorrow at 7am. He told me about the other resorts and their themes so I could have information on which to book for the free dinning offer. He also said the GP offer would be May 7th. He said the booking for Chase Visa free dinning was stopped today by Disney, because it was not supposed to be booked until tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with a cast member that happened to have lived at one time in my city and talked to me about 20 minutes. He read the Visa offer to me word for word and specifically stated PORR and POFQ are not in the offer tomorrow at 7am. He told me about the other resorts and their themes so I could have information on which to book for the free dinning offer. He also said the GP offer would be May 7th. He said the booking for Chase Visa free dinning was stopped today by Disney, because it was not supposed to be booked until tomorrow.

:thumbsup2 hopefully there will be some rooms left in the morning

Well AoA it is. I hope they end up adding POR later.

I'm worried there won't be any rooms left for FD at POP on the day it's released for the public. What are the chances of this happening?

I have 5 rooms reserved at POR. Is it easy for them to switch everything to a different resort?

is All Star Music included or NOT?? its says its included on the first page?
im brain dead you guys, my brains are scrambled eggs. Im central time zone, what time do I call... ??

So I happen to already have a package reserved during the November time frame. I am a DV holder and will be able to add dining tomorrow morning. My reservation is linked to my sisters (she is NOT a DV holder), will I be able to also add free dining to hers as well? Or will she have to wait until the 7th and hope to get it?

How many times today has everyone said the following?:

Agent, Agent, Agent, No

I have 5 rooms reserved at POR. Is it easy for them to switch everything to a different resort?

I have the same question! I am scared! I booked ahead of time because Free Dining or not these were the dates I could go and I needed the time to pay on my reservation. I just hope if POR is not included I can easily switch to CBR.

Was set on POR...want to book tomorrow but don't know if I should try for CBR or CS. Any input or advice? 2 adults, 11 yr old, and 9 yr old for 5 nights...

I thought last year, they excluded the port Orleans riverside but than added it again....again not sure but for some reason that sticks in my head lol

Last year, POR non Royal rooms had very limited availability. More rooms opened up about two weeks into the offer. POR rooms for 5 were also hard to find but definitely possible.

My advice is to book something and then stalk the website to see if rooms open up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter