Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, is the minimum required nights going to be 6 nights? 3 nights? I feel like there's conflicting info. I'm not sure I could afford 6 on site nights, we had originally planned on 2 offsite nights and 4 onsite.

I'm confused, is the minimum required nights going to be 6 nights? 3 nights? I feel like there's conflicting info. I'm not sure I could afford 6 on site nights, we had originally planned on 2 offsite nights and 4 onsite.
chase rewards told me that it had to be a 6night/7 day for the code that was given

Disney Addict and not looking for rehab!!

I was VERY careful with my wording. I said noting about free dining and never used the word "PIN." I'm not sure if that mattered or not.
The CM was talking to herself a bit and seemed surprised when it worked.

I also got a "Code" from Chase Disney Visa. She told me that it wasn't valid until tomorrow. I thought I'd try wdw anyway, bc maybe the code would go through early and it would save me a long wait tomorrow at 7am. I called and the CM said they are recieving high volumes of calls about this and that the code is not valid today. I didn't try to push it. What's the point in upsetting her and I both for just few more hours wait?

So, at least we know for sure that it's TOMORROW! If POR is not included then I have my back up(s) ready!

I'm happy!

btw- Chase rep said this Visa code is good until 5/7 when the offer goes to GP..... but we already knew that didn't we? ;)

I was VERY careful with my wording. I said noting about free dining and never used the word "PIN." I'm not sure if that mattered or not. The CM was talking to herself a bit and seemed surprised when it worked.
which code did you use?

So if you already have a qualifying resort reservation, do we just have to ask Disney to apply it? Or do we have to give the pin code AND make an additional $200 deposit on the DV card?

Again thank you everyone for your efforts and to Black for his contributions!

you will need to make an additional $200 deposit on the DV card unless your initial deposit was on the DV.

Chase has totally botched this one. Even they think it's happening today. I've received messages of them reading the offer in its entirety. Either they kicked this back a day at the last minute and didn't tell Chase, or they told Chase the wrong day all along.

I was VERY careful with my wording. I said noting about free dining and never used the word "PIN." I'm not sure if that mattered or not.

So what did you say?:scratchin

I also got a "Code" from Chase Disney Visa. She told me that it wasn't valid until tomorrow. I thought I'd try wdw anyway, bc maybe the code would go through early and it would save me a long wait tomorrow at 7am. I called and the CM said they are recieving high volumes of calls about this and that the code is not valid today. I didn't try to push it. What's the point in upsetting her and I both for just few more hours wait? So, at least we know for sure that it's TOMORROW! If POR is not included then I have my back up(s) ready! I'm happy! btw- Chase rep said this Visa code is good until 5/7 when the offer goes to GP..... but we already knew that didn't we? ;)
mine told me we could use it until 8/8.

I only said I had a code to apply to the reservation, and when she typed it, it came up invalid.

I just called again after failing the first time and this time it took. Free dining checking in 11/1-11/9 at the Contemporary. Keep trying folks!

pixiedust:

Did anything change on the dates potentially for Dec.. I am still hoping earlier dates in Dec LOL!

I still don't understand how 12/23 is in it and 12/3 is not..

I just called Chase and the man wouldn't give me the code, but he did say there was an email going out tonight to everyone about the offer. He said the offer starts tomorrow and that as long as you have an account with your card on it on the Disney site that you will get the email tonight. :confused3

Where do you list the Disney visa on your Disney account??

I just called and the cast member said that "they" have spoken to Visa and told them that they sent the codes out too early and that they shouldn't have done that.
She would not take the code (was polite though) and said in the "next day or so"

Has anyone been able to confirm the dates or resorts? Hoping POR is NOT excluded, so sad if it is, its the best route for us larger families.

I was told that POR was NOT on the list this year :( We are a family of five as well.

Well, I picked a heckuva day to start following this thread!!! I'm so bummed it looks like my October stay (dates not flexible) will not be included - especially because I'm bringing extended family and it's MY kids fall break dictating the timing. Anyone know if additional dates were added later in 2013? When I booked this trip and checked historical discounts (Fromm allears maybe?) I was optimistic because it looked like October had been included last year. . .

Question-

I am renting DVC points at BWV, so Im pretty sure I wont qualify. I have the correct Disney Visa card. My sister and her family are staying Cars suite. She doesnt. Our ressies are linked on MDE. Can I apply my Disney Visa to her ressie and get the promo for her?

Honestly this is what I am afraid of, only the CBR and CSR are available for the moderates FD. So I feel like they will all be gone, or I am going to have to pay on extra 50 a night for a preferred. This is very frustrating because honestly I cant afford Deluxe, and I cant stand to stay Value (I have tried, and was always miserable).

Same and we are both tall so the double beds are just not workable, so even CB is not our best choice and I wasn't that thrilled with CS the last time. However, I will be at Disney and I will love it and it will be fine...it will be fine...it will be fine....:rolleyes2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter