Free Dining 2013?

mom2two2

Mouseketeer
Ok I know this probably seems way way too far ahead..... But my sister is considering Disney for summer 2013 and is hoping for Free Dining of course. Anyone have any hints on if/when something will be announced?

You may see winter dates announced during the summer -- probably around August.

Free dining is not usually offered in peek summer months (June, July and the first half of August)

It's also rare to see it at peak spring break (end of February, most of March, April, most of May)

we are going this September and they announced those free dining dates in early April I believe. I think they pick off peak times to offer it.

I have free dining from the 25th August with Travel City Direct. Not sure how much earlier they are offering it but I do believe last 2 weeks of Aug are quiet US dates!

I have gotten free dining in the beginning of May in the past and Im hoping for free dining in May 2013? :love:

Here in the uk - I have just booked a week at Beach Club Resort with Free Dining Plan for 3rd - 10th August 2013. Only on offer till 10th July 2012 through complete orlando.
Virgin Holidays are also offering free dining plans if booked before 10th July 2012 - but its available for most dates in 2013, including 01 Jan - 19 Mar 2013
& 07 Apr - 08 Dec 2013
Must be lucky here in the UK. Disney tickets are on offer too 14 day Ultimate ticket for same price as a 7 day premium ticket. :dance3:

UK offer dates can't be used to project US offer dates, as the two offers are usually very different.

UK offer dates can't be used to project US offer dates, as the two offers are usually very different.

Absolutely. Although we often get longer periods of availability we get no free dining at value, qsdp at mods and ddp at deluxe with the option to upgrade by one level only (so you can't update from qsdp at a moderate to dxdp - if you want dxdp and are staying at CSR for instance you have to pay the full $$$$)

Swings and roundabouts I guess.

I have no idea where to start with the Dining Plan. I have been to Disney World many times and have never used it. We plan on going next year in February (our Mardi Gras holidays) and we want to get the dining plan. I know sometimes they have Free Dining Plans, right? When do they normally announce that and would February be a time they may do it? Any help would be great!

We plan on going next year in February (our Mardi Gras holidays) and we want to get the dining plan. I know sometimes they have Free Dining Plans, right? When do they normally announce that and would February be a time they may do it? Any help would be great!

:) Last year in August (2011) a Free Dining offer opened and included these February dates:

October 2 – 6
October 23 – November 5
November 13 – 18
November 27 – December 3
December 11 – 17

January 8 – 14
January 22 – February 4
February 12 – 18
March 4 – 10
March 25 – 31

http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/08...ion-for-walt-disney-world-through-march-2012/

Looks like February FD dates were pretty slim pickings. Do you have any leeway in your dates/vacation plans in case they do the same this year?

Keep an eye out here on the DIS and someone will post the details ASAP if they release an offer this year too :thumbsup2

I have no idea where to start with the Dining Plan. I have been to Disney World many times and have never used it. We plan on going next year in February (our Mardi Gras holidays) and we want to get the dining plan. I know sometimes they have Free Dining Plans, right? When do they normally announce that and would February be a time they may do it? Any help would be great!

Free dining usually happens about twice a year: Around the fall (anywhere from maybe late August to November, before Thanksgiving). Then after the Holidays (January to maybe March if you're lucky). Fall free dining they announce in Spring/Summer and winter is around the fall. They haven't even come out with 2013 packages yet so I wouldn't bank on it being announced anytime soon. You're not going to get free dining around President's Day.

We always go in Sept. and we have gotten free dining every year since 2006. It has always been offered around the first week of march for late aug until oct. They did not offer it for the summer months at first but I noticed over the last few years they have. It is more limited though with a good amount of blackout dates. Hope this helps!!

We always go in Sept. and we have gotten free dining every year since 2006. It has always been offered around the first week of march for late aug until oct. They did not offer it for the summer months at first but I noticed over the last few years they have. It is more limited though with a good amount of blackout dates. Hope this helps!!

When in Sept do you normally go? We are "looking the last Sunday of Sept & first week of Oct of 2013

When in Sept do you normally go? We are "looking the last Sunday of Sept & first week of Oct of 2013

WDW has offered a free dining discount every September for the last 8 years and those free dining promos are generally released around the end of March. These are the historic free dining dates:

Free Dining Promos/Discounts Released Spring of the Year Offered
August 21 – October 4, 2005
August 13 – September 30, 2006
August 26 – September 22, 2007
August 30 – September 27, 2008
August 16 – October 3, 2009

July 27, 2009(First Time for quick service at values, free Disney Dining at moderate and deluxe resorts)
Free Dining released for travel from October 4 – December 17, 2009

May 3, 2010
Free Dining released for travel from August 15 – October 2, 2010.

July 6, 2010
Disney extended the Free Dining offer for travel through early fall 2011. Many dates were blacked out:

August 15 – October 7, 2010
October 22 – October 28, 2010
November 12 – November 18, 2010
November 27 – December 2, 2010
December 10 – December 21, 2010

January 1 - 5, 2011
January 9 - 13, 2011
January 21 - February 3, 2011
February 11 - 17, 2011
February 25 - March 3, 2011
May 27 - June 2, 2011
August 19 - September 29, 2011

March 2011
Free Dining Discount released for August 28 - September 24, 2011

August 3, 2011
Free Dining Discounts released for dates through early Spring 2012
October 1 – October 6, 2011
October 22 – November 3, 2011
November 12 – November 17, 2011
November 26 – December 1, 2011
December 10 – December 15, 2011
January 8 – January 12, 2012
January 21 – February 2, 2012
February 11 – February 16, 2012
March 3 – March 8, 2012
March 24 – March 29, 2012

March, 2012
August 25 - September 29, 2012

Free Dining or August (for US residents) usually starts the 14th or 15th of August. we normally arrive around the 23rd to the 25th and have always had free dining. The middle of August begins one of Disneys slow seasons.

It always works for us because it's the vacation right before school starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter