Free Dining 2013 Part 2 ~ The Sequel

When I was on the phone with my first trip asking about tipping the person said on the phone, that alot of waiters and waitresses, wouldn't do much for those on the dining plan because they already knew they had a tip, so They would let those tables slack. So to change it, they took out the tips on the dp. Now they have to work for their tip ;) it would be nice to get an app tho, I get sick with two much sugar so I hardly eat the desert

I have heard that too, but I never had bad service, ever. Not when the tip was included and not when it wasn't. Maybe I have just been lucky. :) I agree about the too much sugar. I do like dessert, but not with every meal.

I was just on the phone and the cm told me that their year ends at the end of October and that all of the discounts that were out now would be it through then. She was very sure of herself when saying this. It made me very sad. I specifically asked about more pin codes and she said what was out, was out and not to expect more. She was polite and happy but again, very sure of herself. What do you all make of this?

I was just on the phone and the cm told me that their year ends at the end of October and that all of the discounts that were out now would be it through then. She was very sure of herself when saying this. It made me very sad. I specifically asked about more pin codes and she said what was out, was out and not to expect more. She was polite and happy but again, very sure of herself. What do you all make of this?

And if you ask these same cms if you can pick up your pkg/tickets early they will say they are absolutely sure you cannot but we all know that you can so don't put too much faith in what these cms say.

I guess I was thinking about this and wondering from a business standpoint, would this even make sense?? If their fiscal year went to the end of October, wouldn't they extend things so that their year end numbers were awesome??

I guess I was thinking about this and wondering from a business standpoint, would this even make sense?? If their fiscal year went to the end of October, wouldn't they extend things so that their year end numbers were awesome??

Yes, I would think so. And I wouldn't think a cm would have that much knowledge on disneys fiscal year earnings. These people can't even predict the next discount.

Remember how many CM's did NOT even know about the FD promo when Visa card holders called first thing that morning? Just food for thought. : )

I have not heard of anyone saying that they received this current pin through snail mail yet only email. So personally I think more will go out. There's a difference between the booking CMs and the marketing dept. I'm not sure they talk to each other. It would be nice, so that you could trust the info that the CMs give you. I also think sometimes you get one who has gotten tired of being asked about the pins, and they tell you things like that so you won't call any more. I say there's always hope until you arrive.

I have not heard of anyone saying that they received this current pin through snail mail yet only email. So personally I think more will go out. There's a difference between the booking CMs and the marketing dept. I'm not sure they talk to each other. It would be nice, so that you could trust the info that the CMs give you. I also think sometimes you get one who has gotten tired of being asked about the pins, and they tell you things like that so you won't call any more. I say there's always hope until you arrive.

I would hope cms are not making things up just to stop people from calling. People are still going to all no matter what. I am one who did not receive a pin thru email. And so far nothing thru snail mail either. But still hoping and if not will be waiting with the majority when and if they open it to Disney visa holders.

Yep, UK free dining. :cool1:

We only have the QSDP but that's okay because I don't mind CS food and wouldn't want to leave a park just to eat dinner.

I like the qsd better because I don't like being tied down to a reservation but this year we are staying at por and if they offer fd to the general public I will get the regular dining plan so I went ahead and made all my adrs. Still prefer the qsd .

Pirate princess 2 said:
The water parks and more option includes both water park and Disney Quest. There may be a couple of other things, but I'm not sure. It used to include a lot more like tickets to la nuba and mini golf, but that went away a long time ago. Anyway, we find that if we are going to use it twice it pays for us. My kids really like Typhoon Lagoon, so for us we always add on the water parks and more. Disney quest is great on a really hot or rainy day.

You get disney quest tickets now with just magic your way. Well one days ticket to it :)

DSis and I are running the ToT 10-Miler, and DD is running the family 5K with us. We're going FD or not, BUT we so want to take the whole family with us. :goodvibes

That's another 10 people and a difference of 1 room to 5!! No way to do that without free dining.

Especially want to take my Mom as this would most likely be her last WDW trip.

Sigh.

I'm trying to keep the faith!

Do any of you waiting to hear about free dining already have airfare done and REGISTERED for magical express?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Do any of you waiting to hear about free dining already have airfare done and REGISTERED for magical express?

Not me....waiting for FD dates to book. If nothing comes out by August 1st we'll make our final decision and pull the trigger.

I have NEVER waited this long to book and it is making me so anxious. I can hardly stand to look at anything Disney right now! But, I'm holding out and not booking so hopefully Disney marketing has some incentive to offer incentives.

Not me....waiting for FD dates to book. If nothing comes out by August 1st we'll make our final decision and pull the trigger.

I have NEVER waited this long to book and it is making me so anxious. I can hardly stand to look at anything Disney right now! But, I'm holding out and not booking so hopefully Disney marketing has some incentive to offer incentives.

I had my flight and magical express booked before I got FD. We were going either way so I just took care of it.

So far I've only booked my trip down,waiting for better airfare prices for the way back. Not going till second week of November so I still have time to notify magical express. If fd happens I hope to extend my vacation by a day.

I would soooo love, love, love if they let you choose appetizer or dessert. Some days you just don't feel like dessert; snacks are already kinda like my dessert.;)

Yes and my SIL is diabetic so it would really be nice if they offered another option. As it is he just skips the dessert.

So far I've only booked my trip down,waiting for better airfare prices for the way back. Not going till second week of November so I still have time to notify magical express. If fd happens I hope to extend my vacation by a day.

I've booked my airfare but haven't notified ME. I'm flying Southwest and since they don't charge change fees I'll tweak my dates if needed to get free dining. One more reason I love Southwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter