• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

>> FREE DINING 2011 WATCH - Read Post # 1 BEFORE Posting

Yes... make sure you have them check all accounts. When I called they couldn't find my reservation. She told me that when you book online or create an online account it creates multiple accounts and if one piece of info is different they stay seperate and don't merge together.

She told me I had 6 accounts. She had to look at 3 of them before she found the PIN. If i didn't know I had a pin she would of said I didn't from the account she pulled up.

What do you mean "all accounts?" It seems they can search by phone number... which has been the same for me for the past 8 years. Should I have them search and see if I come up more than once???:confused3

Well turns out I have a pin attached to my name for free dining. But of course it's not for our October dates. But I didn't even ask about summer dates since we went last year in the heat and it was awful. Can anyone tell me what dates it covers?? I would hate to call back again :headache: and get the CM's annoyed.

I just called yesterday and asked the CM to check my household, my name and husbands name for PINS. She had no idea what I was talking about. She said she had never heard of such a thing before...:confused3

Well turns out I have a pin attached to my name for free dining. But of course it's not for our October dates. But I didn't even ask about summer dates since we went last year in the heat and it was awful. Can anyone tell me what dates it covers?? I would hate to call back again :headache: and get the CM's annoyed.

From what I'm seeing from other posts it's until August 13th which is right before the public room only discounts start. So I'm weighing free dining versus room only.

I just called yesterday and asked the CM to check my household, my name and husbands name for PINS. She had no idea what I was talking about. She said she had never heard of such a thing before...:confused3

That is pathetic......:sad2:

1-407-DISNEY. Try calling again and ask by individual names. My code was under hubbys name. I asked if there was a dicount code or pin associated with his name. and there it was.

I just called a 2nd time with the same rubbish results-wish the TA's could do this work for us. So annoying to come up against a different answer each time we call.

I figured if I called the Canada inquiries number we would get the same information...*sigh*

Guess I will get my husband to call next-I am feeling pretty deflated now. *sigh* Thanks for the info.

~MLH

Just called and they said the only pin I had was one that expired yesterday. I asked why I wasn't told that I had a pin when I called last week and they didn't know. Hmmmmm... I wonder what that pin was?

I called and we did have the FD pin from April to 8/13! We ended up having our TA cancel our room only reservation and re-book with the package. Now we have the free quick service plan, which is a nice savings. :goodvibes

Best of luck to those still hoping for a pin! :wizard:

Just called and they said the only pin I had was one that expired yesterday. I asked why I wasn't told that I had a pin when I called last week and they didn't know. Hmmmmm... I wonder what that pin was?

I would have been totally PO'd if I could have used it......:scared1:

And your original price included dining?
You are staying at a Deluxe resort, the 40% off room discount is always better at a free dining discount. If you were staying at a value or a moderate resort the free dining would be a better discount. You are not going to get a better discount at a Deluxe resort than the one you already have.

I called and we did have the FD pin from April to 8/13! We ended up having our TA cancel our room only reservation and re-book with the package. Now we have the free quick service plan, which is a nice savings. :goodvibes

Best of luck to those still hoping for a pin! :wizard:

Any idea what they looked into-last name? number? email? postal code? various names in the household? etc

Congrats on the PIN-this is the one I am after :rolleyes1

As far as what dining plan is usually attached to the values, moderates, and deluxes are the all star suites considered values? We are leaning toward them for our family of 6 but if we only get QS dining for free it would probably be better to elsewhere. If you get the QS can you upgrade for the difference?
Yes, the All-Star Music Suites are value resort and are categorized as a value resort for free dining.

We are a family of 6 and we always get two connecting rooms at a Value Resort, it is the absolue cheapest way for us to stay on-site. Even if we have to pay the slight difference to upgrate to the Regular dining plan for free dining, it's still cheaper than getting a Moderate resort.

It appears that one of your kids is under 2, so the absolute cheapest way for your family to stay on-site is at Port Orleans Riverside, as it is the only Mod that sleeps 5 people, plus one infant. But really, to me, it's worth the $30.00 more per night to get the two connecting rooms at the value so you can have much more room and the second bathroom.

You are staying at a Deluxe resort, the 40% off room discount is always better at a free dining discount. If you were staying at a value or a moderate resort the free dining would be a better discount. You are not going to get a better discount at a Deluxe resort than the one you already have.

That's what I wanted to hear. The panic has settled. We do want to take a Dec trip this year though, is there normally free dining the first 2 weeks of Dec?

That's what I wanted to hear. The panic has settled. We do want to take a Dec trip this year though, is there normally free dining the first 2 weeks of Dec?
In 2009 there was, last year the first week was blacked out - probably due to the resorts being full from Pop Warner Crowds and the parade taping madness.

Has anyone that has the PIN attached to their name been able to book at a value resort? My husband called and the CM told him that we have a PIN attached to our name for free dining but there aren't any rooms at the value resorts. I guess it probably depends on the time that we are going. We'll be there from 5/29-6/5. Oh well.

That is not always true. I've been pricing the cost of a week stay for 5 people. All considered adults by Disney standards. The cost for 1 week at the GF with 40%, tickets and adding the regular dining plan is 5,224.22. The cost for 1 week at the GF with no discount and tickets is 4,835.13. That price would stay the same even if I were able to add free dining. That potentially is a savings of 389.09 by using free dining rather than the 40% off. While most of the time the % off is best at deluxe, that isn't always the case. It all depends on family size and how many are Disney adults.

Has anyone that has the PIN attached to their name been able to book at a value resort? My husband called and the CM told him that we have a PIN attached to our name for free dining but there aren't any rooms at the value resorts. I guess it probably depends on the time that we are going. We'll be there from 5/29-6/5. Oh well.
I highly doubt that they meant that there weren't any values available for the dates of the pin, they were most likely referring to your specific dates. Call back and have them price out a Mod and see if they can apply it. Your savings won't be quite as much, but should still be less than paying rack rate or having a very small room discount at a value.

That is not always true. I've been pricing the cost of a week stay for 5 people. All considered adults by Disney standards. The cost for 1 week at the GF with 40%, tickets and adding the regular dining plan is 5,224.22. The cost for 1 week at the GF with no discount and tickets is 4,835.13. That price would stay the same even if I were able to add free dining. That potentially is a savings of 389.09 by using free dining rather than the 40% off. While most of the time the % off is best at deluxe, that isn't always the case. It all depends on family size and how many are Disney adults.
We are a family of 6 who has taken 6 free dining trips, so I am pretty well versed in the free dining discount. The OP has 2 people in her party and seemed slightly overwhelmed and confused. I was trying to simplify things for her - let's not confuse her any more than she already is :-)

I highly doubt that they meant that there weren't any values available for the dates of the pin, they were most likely referring to your specific dates. Call back and have them price out a Mod and see if they can apply it. Your savings won't be quite as much, but should still be less than paying rack rate or having a very small room discount at a value.

Yeah I'm thinking they meant they weren't available for my dates also. They did price out a moderate and it would be $2200. For us, thats too much of an increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter