Free Dining 2008 Watch

We were ther last sept. and didnt book the bounceback,now like manyothers im waiting on free dining and wish i would have booked it last year. oh well, i wont make that mistake again. here is to free dining for all!!! Either way im going with or without free dining!! Three trips in 7 months,it is going to be a good year!!!!!

Sorry if this is a repeat question. If you have a bounceback rate are you still able to get free dining if it is available at the resort you are staying and for the time you are staying?

Sorry if this is a repeat thanks.

Diane

Sorry if this is a repeat question. If you have a bounceback rate are you still able to get free dining if it is available at the resort you are staying and for the time you are staying?

Diane

No, both the resort discount and free dining require a promo code. Only one promo code can be applied to a reservation. No stacking of codes allowed

We were ther last sept. and didnt book the bounceback,now like manyothers im waiting on free dining and wish i would have booked it last year. oh well, i wont make that mistake again. here is to free dining for all!!! Either way im going with or without free dining!! Three trips in 7 months,it is going to be a good year!!!!!

That was my situation exactly! We thought it was way too crowded and hot and just ignored the flyer on the table in the room - now I wish we hadn't! Either way - we are booked now and just hoping for the announcement, regardless if they offer it or not.

I hope I haven't already asked this but with a newborn, I am prone to repeating myself :sad2: How does the bounceback program work? We were there last year during free dining but we knew nothing of a bounceback offer. We would have gladly booked!!! :sad1:

I hope I haven't already asked this but with a newborn, I am prone to repeating myself :sad2: How does the bounceback program work? We were there last year during free dining but we knew nothing of a bounceback offer. We would have gladly booked!!! :sad1:

You had to book a return trip from your resort room (while you were still checked in) to receive a special promotional package (free dining). Once you checked out, it was to late to take advantage of the offer.

Oh do I know how you feel! :sad2: We never heard a thing about the bounceback while we were at Disney. It wasn't until I got home and read about it on DIS! So we have all of our fingers crossed to be offered again for this year.:flower3:

Oh do I know how you feel! :sad2: We never heard a thing about the bounceback while we were at Disney. It wasn't until I got home and read about it on DIS! So we have all of our fingers crossed to be offered again for this year.:flower3:

So we were supposed to just know??? :scared: How will we know when we're there his year? Also, when you rebook for this offer-is it for whenever you come back, no specific time frame required?

So we were supposed to just know??? :scared: How will we know when we're there his year? Also, when you rebook for this offer-is it for whenever you come back, no specific time frame required?

There was a flyer in our room and we were told about it at check in. Plus, I met up with a whole bunch of DISers last year and all were talking about their rebooking dates - if I remember correctly, the offer dates were for check in between 8/30 and 9/27 and you had to put down a $200 deposit.

We are booked at Pop between 9/23 and 10/5 and made all of our ADRs this week. This year we are dining at Chef Mickey's, 50s Prime Time Café, Yak & Yeti, Coral Reef, Artist Point, California Grill, Jiko, Chef Du France, Tutto Italia, Narcoossees, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Tusker House. Only one more left to make. Once they start taking ressie, we're planning on having breakfast our last morning at The Wave.

ME TOO!!!!

Diane

We're in the same boat. We weren't there in Sept '07 so we didn't miss anything for which we qualified, and booked a great "bouceback" room rate for Sept '08. We were thinking at the time, "But what if free dining is offerred?" We decided the room discount was better than what we'd get out of DDP by eating as we usually do. As previously posted, you can generally only get one deal at a time. But now all this talk of free dining has us "hooked," so we'll call and see what we can get when/if it's offerred. At least we'll have our great room rate to fall back on if it doesn't work... If we do get free dining (with a more expensive room rate) then we'll be sure to try to "bounceback with free dining" next time! :idea:

I just hope a bounceback is offered for 2009. I would definately book it, so I wouldn't have to wait in agony all year, wondering if free dining will be offered! :goodvibes

We missed the bounceback last year too!!!! Hoping for the 8/24 this year!

bounceback offer, what is the best way to find out if we don't see flyers? Should we ask at the front counter? We would like to book the bounce back if it is offered while we are there.
Julie

Found this on fatWallet:

Magic Your Way package discounts to the general public on April 10, 2008.

Since the Disney Dining Plan was introduced in 2005, Disney World has offered it for free as a “discount” during some parts of August and September each of the past three years. Here are the travel dates for the past free dining offer:

* August 21 - October 4, 2005
* August 13 - September 30, 2006
* August 26 - September 22, 2007

Timeline

* April 7, 2008 - Free dining to be released to Disney VISA cardholders
* April 10, 2008 - Free dining to be released to the general public
* August 30 - September 27, 2008 - Travel dates for free dining

Found this on fatWallet:

Magic Your Way package discounts to the general public on April 10, 2008.

Since the Disney Dining Plan was introduced in 2005, Disney World has offered it for free as a “discount” during some parts of August and September each of the past three years. Here are the travel dates for the past free dining offer:

* August 21 - October 4, 2005
* August 13 - September 30, 2006
* August 26 - September 22, 2007

Timeline

* April 7, 2008 - Free dining to be released to Disney VISA cardholders
* April 10, 2008 - Free dining to be released to the general public
* August 30 - September 27, 2008 - Travel dates for free dining

I made my ADR's on Saturday for our last week of Sept trip and the CM told me free dining will be announced April 7th...from the middle of August to the end of Sept. :)

Though we are choosing not to use free dining, as we don't feel it's worth it. :)

I made my ADR's on Saturday for our last week of Sept trip and the CM told me free dining will be announced April 7th...from the middle of August to the end of Sept. :)

Though we are choosing not to use free dining, as we don't feel it's worth it. :)

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup2

I was wandering, do you think I could plan on arriving to WDW on 9/27 and staying until 10/5 and get the free dining?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter