• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2008 Watch

:wizard:
Just hung up with a marketing manger she said start looking at the disney sites april 5th through april 11th. Free dining will take place most likely on THURSDAY APRIL 10TH. She also stated the last two years they went live with the free dining was indeed on a thursday. Four night stay on disney property and at least 1 day park pass is required rooms are very limited. The dates are not set in stone but looking at august 23rd through september 30th. rooms are limited at ALL disney resorts.:banana: :cheer2:
I got this info by pure luck she is new to disney and just started to rattle on when I asked her. I originally called for info about a w.i.s.h. program. This is also for NEW RESERVATIONS ONLY.I asked for existing reservations if they will change the code and her answer was No the promo will state new reservations only to get the promo. Lots of luck guys I will be glued.:cheer2:

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the codes that people on here keeptalking about that are attached to their names? How do you get one and how do you know if you have one?

Sorry for this being off topic!

You have to call disney reservations and when you call you tell them your name and ask if you have a pin code attached? It's also been known that if you goto www.disney.com and sign up for there trip planning and request a dvd from them that you have a better chance to get a code!

Wow thats great news! I will be watching with ya!

I wonder just 'how limited' they are at the different levels?

I hope those dates are correct, I'd prefer to go the last week of august or the last week of september. Yay! :)

NEW reservations ONLY!?!?!:confused3 This is new!

So does this mean I need to cancel my existing package now, or can I price free dining at a different resort and just cancel my current reservation? I really want POP, but I now have CBR booked with 40% off the room rate. I hate to cancel CBR if POP isn't available.

:confused3 New Reservations ONLY??? :confused3 We currently have reservations for Sept 11-16th. That mean according to this info that we are not eligible to call in with the code and have them apply it to our reservation??? :scared1:

Sorry, just curious - but this is a new member who seems positive that there have been changes made before many of you veterans?

I have the bounce back program for free dining, and I am surprising my parents and taking them too, WELL, long story short, I just decided this last Sunday, so i called and couldn't add them to our reservations cause I am a family of 6. I was told twice that when free dining came out to call back and add the free dining code!!!I will pay for dining if need be, they are going either way!!!!

No different then any other offer!!!

So does this mean I need to cancel my existing package now, or can I price free dining at a different resort and just cancel my current reservation? I really want POP, but I now have CBR booked with 40% off the room rate. I hate to cancel CBR if POP isn't available.

I believe every year free dining has been offered it was on new reservations only. I had reservations prior to free dining & yes, they techinically had to cancel my other reservations & then book w/free dining. I was always able to get a free dining reservation, but I did have to change my hotel one year. It will all depend on when your reservations are & how many free dining rooms are allocated at POP. I wouldn't cancel CBR until you know for sure you can get into POP!

Good luck!!
:wizard:

Sorry, just curious - but this is a new member who seems positive that there have been changes made before many of you veterans?
:confused3
I'm not sure what you mean, but even though I am a "veteran," I am relatively new to free dining. I had the good fortune of getting it once in 2005 (the first year it was offered), but I didn't book my own reservation that year -- my AAA agent did this for me. As a matter of fact, I have only booked one other package with dining in the past, and that was only after the discount had been announced (% off room - NOT free dining). In other words, I've never had experience with trying to apply free dining or any code to an existing package reservation. For the most part, I've only booked room-only reservations on my own, and I have never had problems applying codes to those reservations. (BTW, those room-only discounts I'm referring to were back in the "OLD DAYS" -- 2000, 1999 & 1998. I had a few GREAT years of renting points from DVC members between my most-recent package stays, and the room-only stays.) Veterans who don't go yearly - and certainly not always for free dining - have a lot to learn too sometimes.

all you have to do is call the res line and the agent can mod your res. they are not allowed to cancel and rebook, they can get fired for that. You will want to sit down and do some figuring though to find out if you are saving more money with free dining or the 40% disc. If you are at a value resort and have 4 people most likely you will save more than the what $40 you are saving on the room. But if you are staying at a deluxe resort and saving 40% then you will probably save more money by keeping the 40%.

What are the codes, and what are they used for? I have never heard of them.

Thanks

They are discount codes and are used to identify promotions put out by Disney. Best place to find current codes is your favorite travel agent OR www.mousesavers.com Mary does a great job staying on top of these. Some are available to the public while others may be reserved to a specific populations - AP Holders, Florida Residents, International visitors, etc.

I sure hope this is true, we would be able to do free dining again this year if it starts that last week of August. I already planned our itinerary and ADRS for that week and now I've got my fingers crossed that it will be included in free dining.

Thanks for the info. I'm still hoping your promotion dates are wrong. I would love to see it earlier in August. Last year it didn't work out for me and I'm not expecting it to work this year for me either, but one can still hope that this is the year they start on August 10th. I did think it strange that the projected start date is August 23rd because that is a Saturday and Disney seldom starts any promotion on a Saturday. All promotions seem to begin on Sundays, so would thinkg August 24th would be the start date. I'll be watching carefully. I can't believe we still have 3 weeks to wait. Of course, once the dates are announced, some of us can just move on.

I booked the Bounceback Offer during Free Dining last year. I booked the maximum available then 7 days. Now I am considering adding a couple of days if they open free dining again. I am a Disney Visa holder so I'll get to call first. Just wondering if they will book a 2 day package or extend my existing reservation ???

I booked the Bounceback Offer during Free Dining last year. I booked the maximum available then 7 days. Now I am considering adding a couple of days if they open free dining again. I am a Disney Visa holder so I'll get to call first. Just wondering if they will book a 2 day package or extend my existing reservation ???

I booked the bounceback in September also and then several months later decided to add a few more days on and they had no problems extending my reservation and still getting the same bounceback discount.

I booked the bounceback in September also and then several months later decided to add a few more days on and they had no problems extending my reservation and still getting the same bounceback discount.

I called the other day and was told I had booked the maximum days allowed with that offer which was 7. They would not extend it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter