• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining '10 Update: Disney Visa FD Released (See pages 1 & 57+ for details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have ressies at POP, but when free dining for the GP is announced will it be an issue to upgrade to a moderate so we can get Regular Free Dining instead of QS?

it will cost us 600. a room to upgrade to the moderate for the regular free dining. Kinda defeated the purpose of getting free dining. Only cost us 70.00pp to upgrade to the regular dining from the QS

I just called to change our kids stay play and dine free ressie over to FD and the CM THOUGHT it was sfoolish move and I wouldn't save any money. I asked her to check it anyway and YES! It saved me $400!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Finally! Now I just need to find a way to earn money to pay off the difference of what I'm telling DH it costs cause I really, really want to go. DH really wants to go to but he has no clue about the actual cost in the end. None of it matters because our family has a great vacation in store for us.

Now, to figure out and decide when and where to eat and hurry to get our reservations in before it goes public.:woohoo:

Does anyone know how long it will take to get an email confirmation of your booking? I havent gotten mine yet and I called about 30 minutes ago. I just want to make sure it's booked.

Does anyone know how long it will take to get an email confirmation of your booking? I havent gotten mine yet and I called about 30 minutes ago. I just want to make sure it's booked.

All I had to do was post the question! It is in my inbox now! :rotfl:

I called just to check and it didn't save us any money...

We're booked with a military discount at POR in a waterview room with the regular dining plan, no tickets.

Since you have to book 2 day tickets with the free dining package, it made our package a bit more expensive...

Here are the complete Visa FD details from:

http://www.mousesavers.com/packages.html (Thanks, Mary for such a fantastic site!)

Disney Rewards Visa FREE Dining Package

Disney Rewards Visa cardholders can get FREE dining when you book a full price Walt Disney World vacation package for check-ins most nights 8/15/10-10/2/10. To qualify, you must use your Disney Rewards Visa card to reserve and pay for a vacation package that includes at least 3 consecutive hotel nights at an official Walt Disney World resort, plus at least a two-day theme park ticket.

If you don't have a Disney Rewards Visa card, an identical offer is expected for the general public on 5/3/10 -- check back on that date for details.

With this offer:

Stay in a Disney Value Resort and and get the Magic Your Way Plus Quick Service Dining package for the price of a regular Magic Your Way package.

Stay in a Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villas Resort and get the Magic Your Way Plus Dining package for the price of a regular Magic Your Way package.

This deal saves a family of four (2 adults, two kids ages 3-9) $107.96 per day -- the cost of adding the regular Dining Plan to a basic vacation package.

If you are staying in a Value Resort, you can upgrade to the regular Dining Plan for just $10 per adult per night and $2 per child age 3-9 per night. (This represents the usual price difference between the Quick Service Dining Plan and the regular Dining Plan.) Or you can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for $40 per adult per night and $12 per child age 3-9 per night. (This represents the usual price difference between the regular Dining Plan and the Deluxe Dining Plan.)

If you are staying in a Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villas Resort, you can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for $30 per adult per night and $10 per child age 3-9 per night. (This represents the usual price difference between the regular Dining Plan and the Deluxe Dining Plan.)

Some important advice if you book a "FREE Dining" package:

Be sure to set up Advance Dining Reservations as soon as possible. In past years all of the table service restaurants have been completely full during the "FREE Dining" promotion period. It was almost impossible to get a table for a full-service meal on a walk-up basis. To ensure that you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of the Dining Plan, you really need to pre-reserve every single table service meal during your stay.

Consider buying trip insurance, because you will be traveling during peak hurricane season. Hurricanes don't often pass through Orlando, which is far inland, but it does happen: Orlando was hit in 2004 and 2005. Also, hurricanes can seriously impact air travel plans.

You must book this offer by 8/14/10. The number of packages available is limited. Suites are excluded from this offer. No group rates or other discounts apply.

Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

To book the Disney Rewards Visa FREE Dining Package, please contact Small World Vacations and request the appropriate special offer code:

QD4 for Value Resort stay with Quick Service Dining; EF5 for Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villas Resort stay with regular Dining Plan.

thank you DISer's!!! Thanks to this board I now have free dinning on my reservation! I called once this morning and the first person I talked to said it was just for children the free dinning was. So I said nevermind got back on here read some more and thought to give it a try again... THIS time the cast member said yes I can upgrade if I have my Disney visa card number and get rid of the pin I had. Well it saves me around 400 plus dollars to do free dinning so I changed! And now as long as I lose my weight to go, we are heading with free dinning! Thank you to eveyone that posted this morning...and if you have a visa and you called and they said no just try again! Good luck to all!

I'm wondering this also. I think everything is OK but it always makes you
worry until it's in writing. CM I spoke to said no problem and added all the info to my pre-existing package. CM had to add the DP then the code for FD (she asked me what the code was) then she said the price for my package remains the same but the DP for Free has been added. I will send out email confermation--but it hasn't come yet.

worry until it's in writing. CM I spoke to said no problem and added all the info to my pre-existing package. CM had to add the DP then the code for FD (she asked me what the code was) then she said the price for my package remains the same but the DP for Free has been added. I will send out email confermation--but it hasn't come yet.
With the way their computers are getting slammed this morning, it might take 24 hours :-)

I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't received my email confirmation yet either, and I got off the phone around 7:45 this morning. However, I did go onto the Disney website and I was able to check my reservation there. It had my updated price so I felt better.

Let me be the first to say-"I WAS WRONG"!!!!:rolleyes1 I said it would be Basic FD for all,but Basic is for mods/deluxe,QSDP for values.Can you say "Economical Discrimination"??:snooty: Anyhoo,we're booked for 10 nights at POP with free QSDP!!!!!:woohoo: We also will be upgrading to DDP for an extra $240-not bad for a family of 4!!!!;)Best of luck everyone-now we can ALL stop obsessing!!!:goodvibes It took all of 5 minutes on the phone this am about 8 CST!!!:cool1:

Okay, who else will be stressing with me all weekend about whether the rooms we want for the dates we want will still be available when we can finally call (and hopefully get through) on Monday morning? I know I'm not alone! It is VERY exciting news today :cheer2: that the FD is out for Visa holders, and gets me one step closer to it myself, but the waiting is just so HARD. :scared1:

Lori

I am right here with you.... I was sooooooo relieved when the 1st person today announced that fd had been released... now just got to wait for mon.
I will let my TA know what I want ahead of time, and if any changes are needed to go ahead.... that way I don't have to wait and have her email like in 2007.... (ASMo was all booked for our dates, but there was an available at Pop... did we want to switch..) The wait that day was horrible... watching others phoning and getting what they want and not knowing... but it worked out great. The next year she changed it without having to change resorts....

The fine print at the bottom reads:

This vacation package becomes available to the general public on May 3rd, 2010.

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/offers/freedinemay10.html

With Free Disney Dining, it's sure to be your cup of tea.
Enjoy the Disney Dining Plan FREE when you purchase a 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Disney Moderate Resorts!

As a Disney Rewards® Visa® Credit and Debit Cardmember, you can enjoy this great offer and receive an advance booking opportunity! Take advantage of this special offer for stays most nights August 15, 2010 — October 2, 2010.

Make your family’s stay more magical with these Resort extras:
Disney Dining Plan – Get most of your meals for FREE. Each night of your stay, each person receives one table-service meal, one quick-service meal and one snack FREE at over 100 select Walt Disney World® Resort restaurants.

Disney's Magical Express Service – Enjoy complimentary motor-coach transportation to and from Orlando International Airport.

Extra Magic Hours Benefit – Each day, one of the Parks is open for extra time to enjoy select attractions. (Valid Theme Park admission and Resort ID required.)

Guest Transportation – Complimentary transportation takes your family from your Disney Resort Hotel to all four Disney Theme Parks and more – throughout the day!

offers_freedinemay_pricing.gif

offers_freedinemay_cardmembers_info.gif

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
I'm so gald my hope did not die out but it sure took a beating!!!!!

Quick question as I'm on 7th heavean right now. What time on Monday can I call to get my package changed? I'm on CST BTW Thanks!!!! :banana::banana:

2A, 2K at Pop 8/21-8/29 upgrade to DDP, 9 day park passes no park hopper, no WP & More.

$1923.90

Almost $300 more than last year. I thought the economy was bad. :rotfl2:

We are going to Disney!!!!!!!!!!
I listened to Canadian Guy and waited until free dining was announced to book my trip. I had no problems getting the resort and dates I wanted! :dance3:

does anyone have any idea if it will be tough to get FD at the FW cabins?? like i said before i have been booked since august but not sure how many cabins they will offer to. I didnt realize you were not guaranteed FD with a current ressie. my TA doenst come in until 9!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter