• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining '10 Update: Disney Visa FD Released (See pages 1 & 57+ for details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the Disney Visa.. We just got ours last week :cool1:
Do they send emails with these perks or specials or do you just have to check that website?

It's on the rewards page that list discounts. Anyone with a disney visa can use it. They will at times also send out individual offers but not often. We got one not to long ago but was not for our dates, got that in the mail. Hope the code is a good value for you! :)

Yes. the cost to upgrade is 15. I just booked this myself. The park tickets will expire unless you add on the no expire option.

If you don't use the park tickets they don't expire. You can ask at check in for them to separate them from your room key and issue paper tickets. If you use the tickets they will expire within 14 days.

This is what I pull up at Disney Rewards...You need to clean out your cache/cookies so the old offer stops coming up when you pull it up.

A Walt Disney World® Resort offer for some of our best friends.
Kids 3-9 stay, play and dine FREE at Walt Disney World® Resort when you purchase a 4-night/5-day Magic Your Way Package with Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan!

Disney Rewards® Visa® Credit and Debit Cardmembers, don’t miss out on this exclusive Walt Disney World® Resort deal. When you purchase a 4-night/5-day Magic Your Way Vacation package that includes room, Theme Park tickets and a Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan for stays most nights March 14, 2010 - October 2, 2010, a child 3 - 9 can stay, get 5-day Theme Park tickets and the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, FREE!

Make your family’s stay more magical with these Resort extras:

So can I apply this offer to our trip at the end of August...or should I wait for FD...which would save more money??

I'm waiting to see if they will have a public offer. My DH are booked for Oct 4-11; but we are will to change our dates to Oct 2 arrival if they offer free dining.

Does anyone know if these offers will include just couples??? Cause its only the 2 of us.

We're going Sept 18-24th. We would upgrade to regular Dining Plan.

2 adults / 2 kids

For kids free it would be 2045.68 at caribbean resort in standard room with base 7 day tickets.

FD assuming you would get standard ddp free with the tiered it would be $1948.24 with standard room and 7 day base tickets. If it is QSDP then it would be $2092.24 to upgrade to ddp or something around that.

Hope that helps.

Wow...does this seem right? So I called and asked them to apply the Disney Visa discount to my current reservation (for August)...and she did and said my new balance was $2145....down from $2960! That seems like a big savings...I should say it's for 6 nights, 6 day base ticket...and she said she had us down for the regular dining, not quick service! I said thanks and hung up! :thumbsup2

Question about the Disney stay, play, dine for free deal -- I'm one adult and 2 children (ages 6&9)....will both children get free dining and tickets? Or just one?

i just got this e-mail! im very bummed. its from a site called destinations in florida.com im hoping this is jsut for the summer rather than august thru oct. but its not. went on their website and its listing the special as thru oct. 2nd.

Kids Stay, Play & Dine FREE at Disney World

We know you are waiting for the Free Disney World Dining Plan for August-October. Disney just released a discount, during those dates that includes free Quick Service Dining for kids. This discount promotion is currently only for Disney Visa Cardholders, but we will certainly contact you by email if this discount is released to the general public.

This discount is called Kids Stay, Play & Dine for Free. If you purchase at least a 4-Night Disney World Package with Quick Service Dining, kids (3-9) will get the Quick Service Dining Plan for free. Plus, your kids will also get a free 5-Day Base Ticket. The 5-Day Base Ticket allows you to visit one park each day.

This discount is available for one child per adult. You can stay longer than 4 nights with this sale. You can add extra days and options to the 5-Day Tickets. Plus, you can upgrade from the Quick Service Dining to the Basic Dining Plan and still take advantage of the savings with the Kids Free Promotion. You do have to pay your deposit and final payment with a Disney Visa Credit Card.

Sale Price of $627 Per Adult Plus Tax*

FREE GIFTS! Extra $25 Off a Disney Value Resort & $50 Off a Disney Moderate/Deluxe Resort! Free Magical Reward Disney Souvenirs! Only when you book with us!

CLICK HERE TO REQUEST A QUOTE

I am so ready for a FD trip! Ya'll let me know when it gets here! I did a trip with my DD13, 10 days @ Pop with DDP. It was awesome.

From what I'm reading, it looks like if they offer FD again, we'd get QSDP@ Pop? How much is an upgrade? My DD(now 16) has her heart set on Pop again, we could be talked into a Mod for the right price (after showing her photos of POFQ) - we've stayed Deluxe and LOVE it, but that's not in the budget (or is the 40% pin a better deal than FD?)

Our super budget option is SOG, but I'll swap the bigger room for FD (and a $30/nt savings) Only problem is we REALLY love the whole Disney feel, and DD doesn't think SOG can deliver on that (we noticed a difference when we stayed at the Swan)

We'll be a group of 2 or 3 adults (depending on if DH comes along).

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Wow...does this seem right? So I called and asked them to apply the Disney Visa discount to my current reservation (for August)...and she did and said my new balance was $2145....down from $2960! That seems like a big savings...I should say it's for 6 nights, 6 day base ticket...and she said she had us down for the regular dining, not quick service! I said thanks and hung up! :thumbsup2

the children's tickets are about $639 (198 ea+tax) and then the savings for their dining would be 180 (10?/kid/night). SO a total savings should be as you have, about 819. you are still paying to upgrade the children to DDP from QS.

I am so ready for a FD trip! Ya'll let me know when it gets here! I did a trip with my DD13, 10 days @ Pop with DDP. It was awesome.

From what I'm reading, it looks like if they offer FD again, we'd get QSDP@ Pop? How much is an upgrade? My DD(now 16) has her heart set on Pop again, we could be talked into a Mod for the right price (after showing her photos of POFQ) - we've stayed Deluxe and LOVE it, but that's not in the budget (or is the 40% pin a better deal than FD?)

Our super budget option is SOG, but I'll swap the bigger room for FD (and a $30/nt savings) Only problem is we REALLY love the whole Disney feel, and DD doesn't think SOG can deliver on that (we noticed a difference when we stayed at the Swan)

We'll be a group of 2 or 3 adults (depending on if DH comes along).

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Upgrading to ddp will cost about $10/night/adult.

A 40% off pin will be a better deal in most cases will atleast come close to the savings of DDP. The cheapest delux rooms (AKL Value season) are $240/night. 40% savings (including tax) will save about 108/night. DDP $42/night/adult so $84(2 adults) or 126 (3 adults). Chances are you room will be more expensive, therefore, your savings/night would be even greater with a % discount.

please correct me if I'm wrong....

in order to have the disney visa code for the free quik service dinning you have to have the credit card correct?

deposit? We currently have a reservation but we don't have a Disney Visa. Therefore we can't get the offer others are using with the Disney Visa offer, correct?
No. You can not take advantage of a Disney Visa offer if you do not have a Disney Visa.

I had an existing reservation and just switched to the DV kids eat/ play free. We are 2 adults and 2 kids. The total was just a bit higher than I thought (by a few dollars) and when I confirmed that the CM upgraded us from the QS to the regular DDP, she said it was $3 to upgrade our girls.

I am waiting to get the e-mail to check, but I thought to upgrade kids it is $2 each and it is $10 per adult. Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter