• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining '09

Does anyone know when the UK has to book their free dining offer for 2009 by? Just curious. I can't wait for the offer to come out in April (hopefully!)

I stayed at ASMo from 8/23-8/31 and we got the bounceback offer in our room as well. Booked for next year w/free dining!

Hi there - Do you receive the regular dining plan or do you receive the counter service dining plan when you use the bounceback to book at a value resort? I will be staying at WDW in October and I want to take advantage of the great deal. If it is the counter service version, do you know what the upgrade cost is?

Hi there - Do you receive the regular dining plan or do you receive the counter service dining plan when you use the bounceback to book at a value resort? I will be staying at WDW in October and I want to take advantage of the great deal. If it is the counter service version, do you know what the upgrade cost is?

I was a little worried about my bounce back being just the counter service dining plan, but when I got the confirmation email that listed everything on my reservation it included table service. So it still seems to be the basic dining plan for free dining in 09!!

I booked Bounceback last week while staying at Pop. The promotional flyer was in our room our first night. I called the number on the flyer and put down my deposit for free basic dining next year. I was also offered the deluxe plan if I wanted to pay the difference.

I haven't received a confirmational email yet, although I did get a confirmation number when I booked. When should I expect to receive the email or should I be worried? Any info/advice would be appreciated. TIA!

I booked Bounceback last week while staying at Pop. The promotional flyer was in our room our first night. I called the number on the flyer and put down my deposit for free basic dining next year. I was also offered the deluxe plan if I wanted to pay the difference.

I haven't received a confirmational email yet, although I did get a confirmation number when I booked. When should I expect to receive the email or should I be worried? Any info/advice would be appreciated. TIA!

I got mine pretty quick. You may just want to call and check on it. Or you can also go to the "My Disney Vacation" area on Disneyworld.com. You have to have a login to use this feature. It is also where you can make on line payments. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info! I'll make sure to follow up on my ressie for next year.

Im going on record as saying it will NOT be the cs plan but the regular dining plan. Mark this date.

I think mbanks is probably right. Think of how crowded all the CS locations would be if everyone was on FD for CS only. The TS places would be empty. Doesn't WDW have some sort of employees' union? I would think the servers in the TS restaurants would throw a fit about FD being for CS only. They would lose a lot of tips.

We just returned from WDW earlier this month. We were on FD, and I wish I had booked the bounce-back. At the time, we were just sure we would do WDW every other year. Now I think we will return next year if they offer the FD Basic Plan again in Sept.

The fact that they just offered the FD for stays in Oct, Nov, & Dec makes me think they will surely offer it again in Sept.

Actually, I don't know. I assumed it was the regular (1 counter, 1 table, 1 snack). I just went online to check my reservation and it has most of it right, but near tickets it says "Error" and there's no mention of the dining plan at all. I'll have to call tomorrow and find out what's going on. BTW, I got my confirmation on 9/1 and I booked it on 8/30.

Actually, I don't know. I assumed it was the regular (1 counter, 1 table, 1 snack). I just went online to check my reservation and it has most of it right, but near tickets it says "Error" and there's no mention of the dining plan at all. I'll have to call tomorrow and find out what's going on. BTW, I got my confirmation on 9/1 and I booked it on 8/30.

That's funny, mine says the same thing in the ticket area. Wonder whats up with that. As for the Dining Plan, my CM in reservations assured me it was exactly like it was the plan we enjoyed in September of this year. So it is not the CS plan.

I called today. The CM assured me I had tickets! :lmao: We have base tickets without the hopper option. Also he told me I have the same dining plan as this year (1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack). I didn't realize that the Quick Service plan, according to the CM, includes 2 CS, 2 snack credits and a refillable mug). That actually sounds like it might be a better option, although, unless I've misunderstood, this seems to be the lowest plan available. Anyone know if that's the case?

When I checked my reservation online, it had the same "error" message by tickets. :confused3
I guess I'll have to call too.

I called today. The CM assured me I had tickets! :lmao: We have base tickets without the hopper option. Also he told me I have the same dining plan as this year (1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack). I didn't realize that the Quick Service plan, according to the CM, includes 2 CS, 2 snack credits and a refillable mug). That actually sounds like it might be a better option, although, unless I've misunderstood, this seems to be the lowest plan available. Anyone know if that's the case?

If this is the new QS Plan, that might be good for those going during the food and wine festival. Hmmmm......

:banana:

I booked the bounceback for next year! I am very excited. 7 nights this year was not enough....so I booked 9 nights for next year. After staying in Pop Century 2 years ago, I was really worried I wouldn't like All Star Sports, but a friend of mine from Florida said they just redid the resort and it is nice and new. I liked it so much I booked it again for next year. I had a rental car this year, but the only thing that may make me change to Pop is the fact I am thinking of not getting a rental next year, and I hate the idea of shared buses.

:cool1:

We just got home yesterday. I booked the bounceback for next September thanks to the Disboard!! There were no flyers in my room. I called from the room and asked for the special. I had no problem booking the reservation. We stayed at the All Star Movies this year-and booked it again next year for 10 nights.:banana: :banana: :banana:

I didn't see anyone else mention this, so I thought I would. The woman I made my reservation with for next year said that now that I have my reservation, I can change anything and still keep the free dining. I can change resorts, dates, etc...... I'm sure she meant as long as the resorts don't fill up...but I guess she knows it's early enough and free dining to the general public won't be announced until spring. She also gave me the exact date I can start making my ADR's. I'm now patiently waiting for March 25th! LOL. I didn't get a lot of restaurants I wanted for this trip...so I will make sure to make my ADR's at 180 days out.

What are your dates for '09? Was this a bounceback, AP or GP? Thanks.
The pp was referring to the free dining bouncback that is going on now. The General Public free dining dates won't even be announced until spring, usually the first week of April.

:banana:

I booked the bounceback for next year! I am very excited. 7 nights this year was not enough....so I booked 9 nights for next year. After staying in Pop Century 2 years ago, I was really worried I wouldn't like All Star Sports, but a friend of mine from Florida said they just redid the resort and it is nice and new. I liked it so much I booked it again for next year. I had a rental car this year, but the only thing that may make me change to Pop is the fact I am thinking of not getting a rental next year, and I hate the idea of shared buses.

:cool1:

We stayed at Pop this year but were thinking of trying one of the All Stars in the future. I keep hearing that the food court at Pop is the best CS of any of the resorts. Did you find this to be true?

We stayed at Pop this year but were thinking of trying one of the All Stars in the future. I keep hearing that the food court at Pop is the best CS of any of the resorts. Did you find this to be true?

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I tried replying from work, I typed up a big response, and my company has a web filter, and a lot of my posts don't go through. :confused: It stinks!

But anyway, yes the food court at Pop is much more diverse than All Star Sports. However, I was more than happy with the selection at All Star Sports. They had the typical pizza, burgers, fries, they also had turkey dinners, taco salads, an ice cream section with sundaes, cones, milkshakes and the such. There were cabinets they filled with fresh baked items....some were cookies, some were muffins, some were bagels etc etc.

I was very happy with the food court, even compared to Pop's.

One big difference was the cold, prepackaged items. I know when we stayed at Pop two years ago, they had Entemen's donuts, a lot of chips, stuff like that (I can't think of what else)....All Star Sports only had chips that I could see.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter