• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free DDP - 2 adult ADR's

Miked1e

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am a UK resident, and I am visiting the world on 20/8 - 03/09 during free ddp.

It is only myself (23) and my DGF (19), going this year, and as of yet, we have not made any ADR's.

We both are very flexible in what we eat, and when we eat.

Will we be ok just waiting till we are out there?

Or,

Do you have to make ADR's in advance to get anywhere?

Thanks for your advice.

Going that time of year you may want to make some ADR's. It never hurts especially with the free dining going on and a lot of people will be making ADR's. You can always cancel them but I would definitely choose some places you want to go and book it!! I would hate for you to waste your table service meals cause you cant get in. Especially the days you plan on being in the parks...since the TS meal restaurants are limited! Just a thought!

Gina

Last year during free dining they had to create buffets in some resorts and a couple of parks because all the dining was booked. There were not enough restaurants for everyone and people were mad. They also let people trade TS credits for CS and snack credits, or something like that. CS meals were okay. It was the TS restaurants that were full.

So yes, I think you need to make ADRs ASAP.

I would definetly make some ADRS. I am going during the same time frame and I believe some restaurants are already booked up. If your plans change you can always cancel. Try to make a schedule of what days you will be at each park and book a restaurant in that park or at a nearby resort.

Make ADR's!!! I know some people went last year without any and the places they really wanted weren't taking anymore walkins so they had to find other places and wait upto 2 hours to get seated.

Make them now! You can always make changes once you get down there. But at least you'll have some ADR's as a "back-up," if nothing else.

There are already people trying to make ADR's that haven't been able to get in to any of the most popular places, at least not before 9 pm. Fortunately, you're trip starts before the huge influx of free diners on 8/26, so you still have a shot at getting into most places. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice.

Why 26/08. Is this when Free dining plan starts for the US residents?

Yes, free dining starts for US residents on 8/26/07. I'll be there....can't wait!! I made my reservations six weeks ago.

In addition to free DDP for the US starting on 8/26 there was also a promo that started on 8/21 that allowed a 40% discount on rooms...which for some of the deluxe resorts ended up being less with DDP being included than paying rack rate for the room and getting DDP free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter