Free Concierge Resort Upgrade?

Diane5150

New York Disney Fans!
Hi Folks!
We just returned from WDW after a week stay at the Wilderness Lodge.
Our trip was one of those last minute decisions - "what the heck".
Disney overbooked the standard rooms and gave us a CONCIERGE room on the top floor! Is this odd or regular practice? We took our digital camera (photos to share on their way) but left our video camera at home. My sister-in-law purchased a 20 DVD Set on the Internet featuring the parks and had it waiting for us when we got home! :rotfl: The set lacks Fantasmic! but other than that, our entire family has enjoyed it very much and we are trying to copy these CDs before she takes them home!
Diane

We had a concierge upgrade at The Beach Resort in November. We arrived about 8pm, later than we had expected, we also had some problems with Disney Cruise Line who had booked our flights, but actually really, really messed up. So I am not sure if DCL pulled some strings, or that they just had no regular rooms left.

Diane,
What/where is this dvd set you speak of? :coffee:
I have been upgraded to Concierge a few times but only for a 1-2 night stay. A 7 day free concierge upgrade!?! Are you kidding!!! :)

The best free concierge upgrade for me was at the main A Frame building of the Contemporary Resort located on the top floor. After 11pm I could walk out my hotel door, look over the balcony and view the Monorail's last trip to the TTC.
The floor lobby of the Contemporary was empty to guests (closed) and the view of MK out of the side of the A Frame was absolutely georgous.

Yes, it was a full week of concierge but we rarely enjoyed the perks as we were at the parks as soon as they opened. :goodvibes

My sister-in-law says she purchased the DVDs on E-bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter