Free Christmas Tree For Your Room

huizarst

Mouseketeer
Good Afternoon -

In about a week I will be visiting Disneyland. I am very excited that the Christmas decorations will be up and that I will get a chance to see them in all their glory. Last year I had a chance to visit WDW with DVC and purchased a Christmas tree for our room. It was a nice festive touch to the room.

I will be buying an artificial tree for my room at the Grand Californian and bringing some decorations with me on the plane. This is not the Disney themed tree from Vacation Services. I would like to coordinate a tree passing to help maximize the use of the tree and help brighten each of our experiences at Disneyland.

I will no longer need the tree starting on Friday, November 21st. If you are planning a stay at Disneyland and would like to have the tree, please let me know. I will also pass on the basic decorations if you choose to use them.

It would be nice if this tree passing could be coordinated till then end of December. Please let me know if you are interested. I am especially looking for someone to pick up on November 21st. It will be neatly packed for you.

Thanks and hope to hear back for everyone.

Steven :santa:

Update 11/12/08 -I spoke to the hotels today and due to space gaps, this holiday tradition is a no go this year. I will try again earlier next year. I am sorry to all that was hoping for this. Thanks again and Happy Holidays.

Update 11/08: We are doing great. We have some missing gap dates:
11/20-11/28, 12/1-12/3

Scheduled
huizarst - 11/15-11/20
gatorfreud - 11/28 - 12/1
txtwins2000 - 12/3 - 12/8
Mom4princesses - 12/8 - 12/10 (Awaiting Response)
godalejunior - 12/10-12/13
Desert belle 12/13 - 12/21
Colefire - 12/21 - 12/30

I will be sending you each an email this weekend some coordinating information. Thank you for participating.

Good Afternoon -

In about a week I will be visiting Disneyland. I am very excited that the Christmas decorations will be up and that I will get a chance to see them in all their glory. Last year I had a chance to visit WDW with DVC and purchased a Christmas tree for our room. It was a nice festive touch to the room.

I will be buying an artificial tree for my room at the Grand Californian and bringing some decorations with me on the plane. This is not the Disney themed tree from Vacation Services. I would like to coordinate a tree passing to help maximize the use of the tree and help brighten each of our experiences at Disneyland.

I will no longer need the tree starting on Friday, November 21st. If you are planning a stay at Disneyland and would like to have the tree, please let me know. I will also pass on the basic decorations if you choose to use them.

It would be nice if this tree passing could be coordinated till then end of December. Please let me know if you are interested. I am especially looking for someone to pick up on November 21st. It will be neatly packed for you.

Thanks and hope to hear back for everyone.

Steven :santa:

That is SUCH a nice offer for you to make!:goodvibes I don't really need it, I don't think, but I hope someone takes you up on your offer!

I had one question, though - in one week, are the decorations at DLR going to be up in full splendor? I figured maybe a few of them will be, but I guess I was under the assumption that many of the decorations (like the tree) will go up on November 21. For your sake, I hope they are all up and on display, because it is truly magical to be at DLR during that time of year. There is nothing like it.

Most of the main decorations should be up be the time I arrive on the 15th. They will be doing some of the holiday parade filming next weekend and they already have some of it up right now.

Steven

Sherry, there are already some decorations up now. NOS is quite full of them, and DCA has a bunch of decorations, too. :)

Most of the main decorations should be up be the time I arrive on the 15th. They will be doing some of the holiday parade filming next weekend and they already have some of it up right now.

Steven

Oh that's right. I forgot the filming of the parade. Yep. They have to have all the decorations up for that, I am sure. Maybe it is Santa and the carolers and things who won't show up until 11/21, not to mention the opening of the IASW holiday ride.

Am I mistaking you with someone else or was it you who posted a couple of months back about how you are really into the holildays and are going all out with your decorations for your GCH room? If I am right, I was just thinking about you the other day when I made my GCH reservation for December and wondering when your trip was actually taking place. I recall a lot of people posted ideas for holiday decorations and other stuff.

Anyway, I am so glad to hear the trip is approaching and you MUST do a Trip Report for us when you get back. More importantly, let me know if the GCH is still up to snuff before I make my trip in December. If it has gone downhill, I still have time to cancel!!! But I do love that hotel for the holidays - it really lends itself to the whole yuletide season!

Sherry, there are already some decorations up now. NOS is quite full of them, and DCA has a bunch of decorations, too. :)

Yippee!!! I remember in one of the Peanuts holiday specials (I love Snoopy!), someone like Peppermint Patty or Lucy is commenting on how surprising it is that the Christmas decorations are up as soon as Halloween is over. That is true - it may be a bit premature - but I love it! I think the 'holiday season' should extend from October all the way through January, and we just switch out the decorations to match the holiday!

We would love to have the tree & decorations for our stay, but we don't get there until Dec. 13th (through the 21st.) I hope someone pops in for the interim!

Wouldn't that be cool to "pass the tree" through the end of the December. I am not sure if that is what the OP is wanting to do exactly....We will be there from 12/10 to 12/14 and I could pass it on to the above poster on 12/13?

We are arriving on the 21st thru the 30th leaving on the morning of the 31st. We are staying at HoJo but would be interested if it gets passed on that far

Greg

We'll be there Dec. 3 - 8th! We're actually celebrating my daughters's 8th birthdays there, so this would add to the fun!

This sounds so amazing to do :) How fun and generous!! Now I wish I was going during Christmas season so I could join in on the fun. I love this pay it forward kind of project; you are so nice Steven !

I was helping to organize a tree swap with some folks at WDW until I had to change my Dec. trip... I could ask the leader of that swap exactly what they did last year? I think bell services at WDW will hold the trees... I'll bet DLR hotels do the same, not sure about off-site ones. We could start a list and then see what dates need filled in? What do you think? We look pretty close if we can get someone to take it from 11/21-27 (GCH/DLH might hold it if no one can take it?)

Kim

We did a tree swap last year at WDW and it was nice touch having a tree in the room.

:thumbsup2

We will be there the night of the 8th through the 19th. Willing to take it any time, don't need to keep it the entire trip.:flower3:

We will be arriving Nov. 20th afternoon at the DLH and leaving early on
Nov 24th. Although we probably wouldn't use it, because of the short time that we are there, I would be willing to help fill in the gap and hold onto it for the next person, if that is needed. (So if there is someone for that time that would really like to use it, that would be great.)
Please PM and let me know. I will be out of town later this week and then will be back for a few days before we fly out.

Update 11/12/08 -I spoke to the hotels today and due to space gaps, this holiday tradition is a no go this year. I will try again earlier next year. I am sorry to all that was hoping for this. Thanks again and Happy Holidays.

Steven

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter