• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Apple Scooter Stroller Rental

kcchief

Mouseketeer
This has already been the subject of many posts on the boards, but I dont feel as if I have seen a complete answer. Has anyone actually taken advantage of this Free Stroller rental promotion? And what I mean by that is that you have actually gone on your trip and got the stroller. Not just booked it. I am all about a good deal, but It just seems like this deal is a little to good to be true. I do not want to arrive at my resort and not have a stroller. I would almost rather pay more and know I am going to have a good qaulity clean stroller. I appreciate all your feedback!

I am wondering the same thing! I have the stroller resevered but don't want to give them my CC info until I know this is legit...

I posted this on another thread -

Apple Scooters is one of the most frequently used companies DIS posters rent wheelchairs and ECVs from and have been for a number of years.

They recently got into stroller rental and are probably trying to promote that part of their business. Previously, some people rented an ECV or wheelchair from Apple and a stroller from somewhere else. That's probably the major group they were aiming the promotion at, but other people were able to benefit from it too.

Apple is also one of WDW's 'Preferred Vendors' which are allowed to drop off and pick up from Bell Services (previous to Nov. 1, 2012, there were no restrictions on wheelchair and ECV vendors dropping off and picking up, but as of Nov. 1, only the 'Preferred Vendors' for those products are allowed to).

There are some reviews on the Apple strollers at Baby Center in their Disney board. The deal is legit but people have been having some issues with the strollers and the company.

There are some reviews on the Apple strollers at Baby Center in their Disney board. The deal is legit but people have been having some issues with the strollers and the company.

Can you post a link or direct me on how to look at these reviews? I tried to google it but couldn't find it. Thanks!

We have a reservation there for our trip in less than two weeks so after that I can report back on our experience.

I found it with yahoo, searched babycenter disney board... concerned, i was thinking of canceling anyway since the elite is really what we need. There are positive reviews too, though! Ugh!

We've used Kingdom Strollers and Magic Strollers the past 2 years and have had NO issues. We rented from Apple this year. We were going to skip the stroller but with only paying $35 for the week, I don't care if we only use it twice! You can't beat that deal...as long as it's there when requested!

Just reserved for the end of May, so we'll see. First time ever renting a stroller period, but I'm cheap so we're going for it. Have seen in other forums/threads a lot of complaints about lack of consoles and rain covers. I emailed them and they DO HAVE both for $5 each for duration of the trip (not per day). So I'm getting a City Mini Double (hopefully) for $40 total including insurance, console and cover. Just wanted to let people know if you ask, they have the accessories and even paying a little more for them, it's still much cheaper than other providers. Hoping for a nice, CLEAN experience.

We just returned and had a great experience with them. The stroller was delivered when it was supposed to be, clean and had no issues at all.

I also added raincover and console to my reservations. Person answering my emails was very nice...we dont "NEED" a stroller cause DS just turned 6 but mostlly wanted it for star wars weekend where we will be getting there at 6am for a 8am opening and DS can sleep in stroller while we wait...so worth the $40...and we can put our junk in it lol.

Just an FYI.. We're here now and I have not been happy with our rental from them. I took advantage of the deal to try it out. We always use Magic Stroller. First, the stroller was here when we arrived. I had ordered the console and rain cover, those were not delivered. I called them and they did bring it to the resort that afternoon.

The issue: the rain cover was a generic jogging stroller cover, does not fit the city mini double!! I was so mad when I pulled it out to use yesterday and found it didn't work!! I plan to call when I am home to complain. I'll be going back to my trusted Magic Strollers!

They need to work out a lot of kinks, or stay in the scooter business!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just an FYI.. We're here now and I have not been happy with our rental from them. I took advantage of the deal to try it out. We always use Magic Stroller. First, the stroller was here when we arrived. I had ordered the console and rain cover, those were not delivered. I called them and they did bring it to the resort that afternoon.

The issue: the rain cover was a generic jogging stroller cover, does not fit the city mini double!! I was so mad when I pulled it out to use yesterday and found it didn't work!! I plan to call when I am home to complain. I'll be going back to my trusted Magic Strollers!

They need to work out a lot of kinks, or stay in the scooter business!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So other than the rain cover that not being proper size it looks like everything else has gone fairly smoothly. Is that accurate?

We have our ponchos so if it rains we will just use that over the strollers. I am going to add on the parent console too.

Has anyone used Apple Scooter lately? We are going in December and need to rent 2-single City Minis. I was just wondering if they have good service or if anyone has had any bad experiences? Thanks!

We have an issue with our stroller. While it was delivered on time, one side if our Citi mini double has an issue with the cardboard that serves as the backing. It will not stay in place - keeps riding up so our younger daughter just stuck slumped in her seat. I called tonight after my husband tried multiple times to get it into place, but every time it goes out of place. They should be giving us a replacement tomorrow.

Can someone tell me more about this stroller rental? I am going for a week in sept my daughter will just be 6 bu would b nice to have for the late night fire works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter