Free $5.00 HEB gift card with any Disney gift card purchase

alexi120

Earning My Ears
At HEB Plus stores (only) you can get a $5.00 HEB card free with a purchase of any Disney gift card. Our local store carries two different disney cards...one in which you add the denomination from $15-$500 and one preloaded with $25. I purchased both of these cards and got the HEB $5 card free. :woohoo:

There is no limit stated in the ad or on the in-store coupon!

I went back in last night to purchase groceries, and they had restocked the disney gift cards. I have now purchased over 20 gift cards for our trip, which means I have over $100 in free groceries/gas from HEB. I hope this helps someone who has a store nearby.

I bought 15 gift cards today at a regular HEB, it was not a plus store.
Does anyone know if we can take the $15 gift cards to the disnystore and combine them all onto one card?

When I first saw the ad, I called a regular HEB store and she said she didn't know anything about it, so it "must" be a HEB Plus only promotion. :rolleyes1 I'm glad to hear you were able to buy them at a regular store.

When I asked if they would put all of the HEB gift card amounts on ONE HEB card, she said they couldn't, but I did use them all to turn around and buy one $120.00 card. I can't see why the disney store wouldn't do the same thing.

When I first saw the ad, I called a regular HEB store and she said she didn't know anything about it, so it "must" be a HEB Plus only promotion. :rolleyes1 I'm glad to hear you were able to buy them at a regular store.

When I asked if they would put all of the HEB gift card amounts on ONE HEB card, she said they couldn't, but I did use them all to turn around and buy one $120.00 card. I can't see why the disney store wouldn't do the same thing.

Thank you for your reply. Im headed for the Disney store in the morning, I will let you know if they allowed me to combine all my $15 gift cards into one.

When does this promotion end? I don't have an HEB locally, but will be traveling somewhere that does next Wednesday and would love to get in on this deal. Thanks!

I went to our HEB plus in one of the communities just outside Austin proper, and they did not have this deal :confused3. What they did have was $5 rebate on the Visa gift cards. Go figure...you'd think since it was in the same region they'd have the same GC deal.

When does this promotion end? I don't have an HEB locally, but will be traveling somewhere that does next Wednesday and would love to get in on this deal. Thanks!

It was in the Sunday ad 12/12 so it should run through 12/18. :(

I went to our HEB plus in one of the communities just outside Austin proper, and they did not have this deal :confused3. What they did have was $5 rebate on the Visa gift cards. Go figure...you'd think since it was in the same region they'd have the same GC deal.

Hmm. I just looked at my ad, and this is what it says:

Prices good Sunday 12/12 thru Saturday 12/18 only at your Austin, Corpus, Killeen, Kyle, Laredo, Leander, Mission, Rio Grande City, Round Rock, San Antonio, San Juan and Victoria H-E-B Plus! stores.

I ran into this deal last night at H-E-B in North Austin (not an HEB Plus). I quickly bought 17 $15 Gift Cards for $255 total, and received $85 in free HEB gift cards, which I used to buy my groceries last night. It's like getting 1/3rd off Disney, since grocery store gift cards are about as close as you can get to pure cash ... especially a low price grocery store like H-E-B. An incredible deal.

What's weird is that I never look at the Gift Card station. I don't know why I did last night. A bit of Disney Magic I presume.

The coupons I used said the deal expires on 12/21/2010. They had the $15-$500 Mickey cards, the $25 Toy Story cards, and the $25 Princess cards.

Keep in mind it takes the clerks some time to do this transaction, so be courteous. I'm going back for more today, but won't buy more than 10 in a single transaction.

I went to heb in the Houston Tx area yesterday and purchased (60) 15.00 cards and got 300.oo in heb cards. Ive been looking for the best deal and was going to buy the 25.00 cards until I read the detailed post above about the 15.00 ones. I am so glad you posted the details. it really maximized the savings as I shop at HEB every week anyway. They ran out of the ones you can load, so I am giving them a chance to get in more before the sale ends before I break down and buy the 25.00 ones.

Oh, and I was not sucessful in trying to purchase larger heb cards and pay with the 5.00 ones so my purse is really heavy now..oh well. it all spends the same!

Thanks alexi120 and Valpocory!!

No problem Bran! I have 27 so far and will be buying more when I get home to Austin tomorrow. I am in Houston right now. Great to hear the deal is not just in Central Texas. I wonder if it is state-wide.

It is a great deal. We are going to DisneyWorld for 8 days, so buying 80 for $1200 in Disney cash will easily be used, since we are not on a prepaid dining plan. I'll take that $400 in free groceries.

One third off Disney. Just incredible. I wonder if HEB realized what they were doing when they thought of this coupon.

No charge at all!

Are you super sure? I always felt that the GCs sold @ HEB had some kind of activation cost associated w/ it, so I am nervous. But I would be up for checking it out, I have an HEB plus right across the hwy here. Thanks for heads up!

Has anyone tried to trade all of their smaller Disney gift cards in for one larger one at the Disney Store? I'll be using our gift cards to purchase new annual passes for us. I'd like to buy some 5 day park hoppers online first and then upgrade in the parks, but Disneyland.com will only allow you to use 3 gift cards per order online.....

Are you super sure? I always felt that the GCs sold @ HEB had some kind of activation cost associated w/ it, so I am nervous. But I would be up for checking it out, I have an HEB plus right across the hwy here. Thanks for heads up!

I got out of bed on this first day of my kid's vacation to run over to HEB at 7a so I could go w/o them. DH and I are surprising them w/ a trip to WDW for Xmas, so I don't want to tip them off w/ running to HEB w/ them just to get that. That place is going to be too crazy during the regular day anyway. Wish me luck! And thanks again, I did see it in their ad. Just crossing my fingers that I find the $15 GCs.:thumbsup2

OK got 8 GCs, activated the generic Mickey ones for $15 each, and got 8 HEB GCs for $5 each. It did take a while, especially since they didn't quite know how the HEB GCs would work. A single $40 GC did not go thru the register so they had to do individual $5 GCs, at least at my store. HTH! Thanks again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter