Fred Meyer Hoppers

ac191776

Earning My Ears
My local Fred Meyer still has a few 3 day park hopper tickets at $214 each, the old price. Will these still be valid at the parks?

Toss up. Someone on here recently posted that they just tried to buy some AP cards at the old price from their local grocery store and when they went to ring them up, they couldn't and we're told they were invalid.

ac191776 said:
My local Fred Meyer still has a few 3 day park hopper tickets at $214 each, the old price. Will these still be valid at the parks?

Definitely check if it has an expiration date!

How do you use the "card" at the parks?

It literally IS your ticket, you use it for admission and for getting Fastpasses. As the PP said, make sure you read all of the fine print about expiration dates. If they allow you to buy them, then you are probably okay, but the posted I mentioned in my first reply was not even allowed to buy them because there was an error at the register.

I was the one that recently tried this. The item rung up and I paid, but the card did NOT activate. If the card is out of their system it won't work. If you try, make sure you get the activation slip from the register and keep it with the card until you use it at the park. Good luck, I hope it works for you!

PS...try to go to the grocery store at a non busy time, it took a while for them to issue a refund for the charge.

I was the one that recently tried this. The item rung up and I paid, but the card did NOT activate. If the card is out of their system it won't work. If you try, make sure you get the activation slip from the register and keep it with the card until you use it at the park. Good luck, I hope it works for you!

PS...try to go to the grocery store at a non busy time, it took a while for them to issue a refund for the charge.

After getting the card do you go online to activate it? How does that work?

I think the previous poster meant that you have to activate the card like any other gift card --- at the register when you buy it. The cashier will ring up the card and activate it with a code, then hand you a receipt for the purchase and an activation receipt. You will need to keep both receipts. However, as the pp noted, if the activation code is not in the store's system because the gift card is old/expired, then you will not even be able to purchase the card because the store will not be able to activate it. Hope that makes sense.

If the store is able to ring up the card AND activate it for you, then just take the card directly to the park gates. But, as previous posters have warned, be prepared that you may not be able to purchase the card at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter