• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FREAP CHAT ~ Everyone Welcome!

For those who have done a house party, when should I expect the Cartoon Network 3D kit to come??

Any day now we should be getting the kits. They generally arrive 5-10 days before the "party date". Sometimes you get an email they are on the way, other times it is a surprise! They generally arrive FedEx or UPS.

Hello... I am new to Freaping and have some questions about Houseparty.com

I missed the other parties but signed up for the "Kitchen Table" one. I am waiting to hear back if I am the right woman for the party-throwing job.

Just today, I went back to the site and there is going to be a "Scholastic Books Holiday Party" coming soon. My kids are 2 and 3, so we're getting to that age.

Anyway, when and how will I find out if I am chosen for the "kitchen table " party and

Second, can I apply to more than one party if they're on different days?

Thanks.

You can sign up for multiple parties at a time. We got picked to host both the Pink Plaid & Cartoon 3-D parties (FOR THE SAME DATE!).

What I have done is I sign up for email notification for each party I want to be involved in - click on that party and register your email address. Then as soon as you get the email from them, respond to it. You will then be notified if you are a "finalist" to be a host. If you are then 1 or the 1st 1000 to respond to that email - you will be required to send invites via email and upload a picture, you get notified (usually within 24 hours) that you are a host and to join the party!

Now about the email invites and picture uploads. I have uploaded pictures of the sunset, a flower, my cat, etc. vs. pictures of my family as I do not like a lot of pictures posted online of my kids. So it can be ANY picture. As for the email invites, send them to your spouse, your BFF, your kids, a freebie email address, etc. Some of my family do not have *gasp* a computer so I could not email them. My provider lets me have 10 email addresses so I have created accounts and email them. Do I have a "party" every time - not necessarily. I do share the goodies but it may not be on that day. We pass the movies around, we hold the play stuff for those days when the kids are bored or driving us insane, etc. I have gotten accepted to I would say at least 90% of the parties I have applied for - the only 1 I can think of that I have missed recently was the Cranium one, and although a little bummed about it, I just wanted the game!

Where is everyone? The mods created this great site for us to chat about our freebies, etc but the site keeps getting lost on "back" pages. Help keep our site on page one by posting conversations on the Freap Site and encouraging others to "meet you in the Freap Site". :)

Best freebie so far - Marboro flashlight (do you know that if you do not smoke and save the average daily price of cigs you would have $2007.50 tax free dollars to spend per year - and this amount ($5.50 a pack in my area) of $ will only go up as the cost of cigs increase. What I could do with an extra $2000 per year... )

That said, anyone know of any conferences in Orlando. I need a Disney fix and about the only way I can convince DH to travel to FL any time soon is if it is work related. My profession is board enough that I can "justify" travel for several areas, esp if they are educational.

I just got an email that the plaid party & 3D party packs are in the mail!

Funny thing is we already received the plaid party kit (before the email!)

Should see the 3D cartoon one anytime :woohoo:

Anyone notice a sudden pick-up in pinecone surveys? It was dead-- i mean non-existant there for a while-- its starting to pick back up:banana:

DH and I are in the process of building a house so if anyone sees any good deals out there please let me know (lowes, Home depot, or any free gallons of paint vouchers that people wont be needing). Thanks!

Anyone notice a sudden pick-up in pinecone surveys? It was dead-- i mean non-existant there for a while-- its starting to pick back up:banana:

DH and I are in the process of building a house so if anyone sees any good deals out there please let me know (lowes, Home depot, or any free gallons of paint vouchers that people wont be needing). Thanks!

Hey Maggie, Not necessarliy a freebie but Sunshine Rewards offers 2% back on Home Depot gift cards and purchases online. Don't know if Lowe's is there or not. We're getting ready to remodel my grandparents house to move into and I'm doing the Home Depot thing. $2 on every 100 will add up soon enough, especially if I can get other deals on top of that.

Hey Maggie, Not necessarliy a freebie but Sunshine Rewards offers 2% back on Home Depot gift cards and purchases online. Don't know if Lowe's is there or not. We're getting ready to remodel my grandparents house to move into and I'm doing the Home Depot thing. $2 on every 100 will add up soon enough, especially if I can get other deals on top of that.

Thanks so much, Lori! I had completely forgot about Sunshine Rewards!! That definitely would add up over time!! I am definitely going to keep that in mind! We spend a TON at places like that!

Where is everyone? The mods created this great site for us to chat about our freebies, etc but the site keeps getting lost on "back" pages. Help keep our site on page one by posting conversations on the Freap Site and encouraging others to "meet you in the Freap Site". :)

Best freebie so far - Marboro flashlight (do you know that if you do not smoke and save the average daily price of cigs you would have $2007.50 tax free dollars to spend per year - and this amount ($5.50 a pack in my area) of $ will only go up as the cost of cigs increase. What I could do with an extra $2000 per year... )

That said, anyone know of any conferences in Orlando. I need a Disney fix and about the only way I can convince DH to travel to FL any time soon is if it is work related. My profession is board enough that I can "justify" travel for several areas, esp if they are educational.

Most of the chatting seems to be on the Freebie page itself....which kind of goes against the concept of the Freap Chat page! :rotfl:

I agree about the chatting...I slip up and say a little something here and there, but it does take up a lot of valuable space when we all get to yacking :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: My thanks to everyone who has been so politically correct and kind when mentioning it over on the freebie thread!

As for my mailbox...:mad: I didn't get anything today! I was so upset :mad: it's been a long time since I haven't gotten at least a pinkie purfume!

hadleysun and Irin997
Thanks for the backup support regarding the chat site. I am afraid if we do not use it - we will lose it...

Also, I am one of those who likes to sneak in during work and request a few freebies and if I am crusing through everyone's "chat" I don't have time for the freebie sites. Don't get me wrong, I love the "chat", I just want it in a different site where I can visit when I have time to spare. :goodvibes

Hi all. This has been a great Freep week for me. I got the lemonade stand(that thing is huge!) I got my free wok and my free suede throw. The fondue set is on back order so I was surprised to see the suede throw!

Not technically a freebie...I signed up for an additional 2 years with Att wirerless(Cingular) and got a $249.99 Samsung phone for free!

Ordered it yest, it came today! Very nice phone.

My hubbie called home from work and I told him I had gotten no freebies today....so he stopped on the way home and picked an avocado off of a neighbors tree and brought it in to me and said, "Here's a freebie for you!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I got the Wet Your Whiskers shirt from Petstyle.:yay: I really like getting free t-shirts. A week or two ago, I got the Wet Your Whiskers water bottle. I really didn't expect those two to come.
I also recently got a full size bottle of sunscreen to test for 2 weeks and then do a survey to get $10. It was an aerosol but it was pretty greasy so it won't be getting a great review.

I signed up for Lowes for Pros and they have sent us several 10% off coupons in the mail.

My hubbie called home from work and I told him I had gotten no freebies today....so he stopped on the way home and picked an avocado off of a neighbors tree and brought it in to me and said, "Here's a freebie for you!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love avocados. I did not know they grew in FL, although it makes sense, with the climate and all. We use to load up on them when we would drive down from our home in WA to relatives' homes in CA.

I received several Pledge cleaning items today so I guess that means I need to clean the furniture... and received a dry cleaning dryer solution so it must be laundry time. :laundy:

Oh yeah! We've got huge avocado trees, they produce the big avocados not the little haas ones. Between my own yard and a few neighbors I can pick lemons, limes, tangelos, red grapefruit, naval oranges, tangerines, avocados, pomegranates, and mangos! It's a fabulous thing! And I grow just about every kind of herb you can think of plus tomatoes and a variety of lettuces when the weather is a little cooler. I'm gonna get some romaine started this weekend! Oh...I forgot bananas we have a huge hand maturing right now! :banana: :banana: :banana: Talk about freebies, I go for a walk at night and come home with a fruit salad!:cool1:

I got a great freebie today! 26,yes that's 26 water bottles from USA Football!!!! I don't have any boys in my house,and we don't coach a team,but I am donating them to the YMCA. I was so excited to just see them! I didn't think I would really get them.

I received them on Monday. Aren't they great? I got them for my DS11 who has managed to lose 5 water bottles in the past 3 months. :confused3 He was not amused with the box full of bottles, but I'm pretty psyched!!! :banana:

I also recently got a full size bottle of sunscreen to test for 2 weeks and then do a survey to get $10. It was an aerosol but it was pretty greasy so it won't be getting a great review.

I had that review too! I receivd my $10 today in the form of a Target gift card.

I received several Pledge cleaning items today so I guess that means I need to clean the furniture... and received a dry cleaning dryer solution so it must be laundry time. :laundy:

Do you know if that was the Home Made Simple newsletter giveaway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter